Why do we have the most threads and posts of any team?

Woolly Mammoth

Shinboner 'til I die
Sep 8, 2013
Terra Australis
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bengals, Lakers, Renegades, The Milk
I come here because North supporters are few and far between IRL.

I second this, I fall into this probably pretty common category I call 'the Shinloner' :thumbsu: The only North supporters I've encountered in the wild have been either randoms at a party, very casual acquaintances or people I work with who I don't socialize with off the clock. All my close friends follow other shitty clichéd teams, and consequently don't know their Charlie Combens from their Kayne Turners. This coveted board is as close as I get.

Woolly Mammoth

Shinboner 'til I die
Sep 8, 2013
Terra Australis
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bengals, Lakers, Renegades, The Milk
It’s because we had a Forum on the North website before it was closed down when the USSR AFL took over and most from there migrated to here about March 2020 when Careygate happened

Ehhhh Jesus....*sigh* Imagine how different things would be if Careygate had taken place in 2020, rather than 2002 :disappointed:

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Two words… Hayden Skipworth.

There used to be another NMFC internet forum called "The Searching Kangaroo", the posters there kinda looked down on Bigfooty people and newbies, so it never really took off as the main place for people to do footy talk about the club.

The majority of NMFC fans posted on the club's web forum on the club website, but the AFL closed them all down when Telstra got control of all the club websites.

Thus, the NMFc community had nowhere else to go so we all ended up here, hence the higher than average post content.

A couple of other Board's are ahead of us now, but If you spaced all of Tas's 30,000 essays into smaller posts we'd come out on top again.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
There used to be another NMFC internet forum called "The Searching Kangaroo", the posters there kinda looked down on Bigfooty people and newbies, so it never really took off as the main place for people to do footy talk about the club.

The majority of NMFC fans posted on the club's web forum on the club website, but the AFL closed them all down when Telstra got control of all the club websites.

Thus, the NMFc community had nowhere else to go so we all ended up here, hence the higher than average post content.

A couple of other Board's are ahead of us now, but If you spaced all of Tas's 30,000 essays into smaller posts we'd come out on top again.

I remember TSK. It was good for the flame wars of dikkity six.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

Higher quality posting but you need the sh1tposting to keep forums going.

Back