NFL Why do You Support the Team You Support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was around 7-8 years old at the time, late 90s. One of my old man's colleagues went to the USA for a holiday. Brought me back a Packers football, a Niners cap and a Charles Woodson Raiders jersey. At the time, I was going through one of those kid phases, and was beyond obsessed with sports jerseys. So I ignored the cap and ball and was instantly a Raider fan.

Learned the game through Madden 2000 on the good old PlayStation. Once I was a little older I decided to get up in the morning regularly for every Raider game. Once my parents realised it wasn't just another phase, they organised a trip to the States so I could see a Raider game at the Coliseum. Tailgated with a few people I had met on a forum, and those people are now very close friends almost 10 years later.

What kept me supporting the Raiders through the long line of s**t seasons they had was the Raider Nation friendships I had made, along with the history surrounding the team. I've always felt as though the Raiders and everything they stand for is reflective of a lot of my attitude towards life in general.

Can't imagine not being a fan.

Clark Griswold.

clarkgriswold86287b5d998be7d68c5f6ab381eb3a2f.jpg
poor Chism

I'll let you guess why I picked New Orleans...

Because he is the reason I am a Nuggets fan and MAYBE the reason I am a Broncos fan (like 25-33% of the reason)

And my first true love

Carmelo Anthony is literally one of the most overrated players in NBA history. Somebody needs to tell you truth......3 years later. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And 30% the reason youre a Broncos supporter is because you fell in love with a no defense, ball hogging, team killing bum. 😉

Last edited:
It worked I have to admit

Should have found an overrated superstar for Boston instead, Paul Pierce (highly overrated by himself) perhaps, could have been a Pats supporter.

And 30% the reason youre are Broncos supporter is because you fell in love with a no defense, ball hogging, team killing bum. 😉
Can’t understand all the romanticism around his return. Bloke has always been a diva even by nba standards.

Can’t understand all the romanticism around his return. Bloke has always been a diva even by nba standards.

Similar to how I can't understand someone (even a Celts fan) disliking my post about Paul Pierce 😉....bloke said he was better Dwayne Wade, hilarious.

Agree with you about Melo, not sure how he actually helps Portland, scoring isn't exactly an issue, not that Melo ever makes a teams offense function at a premium anyway.

The likes of Stephen A Smith have always talked about him as an elite player, everyone else seems to follow that stupidity.

Agree with you about Melo, not sure how he actually helps Portland, scoring isn't exactly an issue, not that Melo ever makes a teams offense function at a premium anyway.

The likes of Stephen A Smith have always talked about him as an elite player, everyone else seems to follow that stupidity.
Is top 10-15 not elite? He was a top 10/borderline top 10 player for several years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back