Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... I only ask because USA whoopsies= 90 deaths, but apparently bombs going off in New York bins, hold far more significance.

No you point it out because you like to deflect. This is a thread about Islam and discussing the issues with it, and Rahman was another Islamic radical.

No you point it out because you like to deflect. This is a thread about Islam and discussing the issues with it, and Rahman was another Islamic radical.

Oh, I apologize....So those 90 Islamic soldiers who died fighting in an Islamic country against the supposed enemy, don't count in a thread about Islam?

Hmmm....Think I'm beginning to catch your drift.

Oh, I apologize....So those 90 Islamic soldiers who died fighting in an Islamic country against the supposed enemy, don't count in a thread about Islam?

Whether people are Islamic or not does not necessarily mean they are behaving for Islamic reasons. You should know this as it is the automatic apologist narrative on behalf of groups such as ISIS after all, but it certainly applies in the case of our allies against Islamism. Their religion, nominal or otherwise is secondary in trying to take the territory back against Islamic extremists.

Whether people are Islamic or not does not necessarily mean they are behaving for Islamic reasons. You should know this as it is the automatic apologist narrative after all, but it certainly applies in the case of our allies against Islamism. Their religion, nominal or otherwise is secondary in trying to take the territory back against Islamic extremists.

Ah....So now you make the differential point between extremism as opposed to Islam itself....Interesting.

Ah....So now you make the differential point between extremism as opposed to Islam itself....Interesting.

I've always made that distinction, but in this case the key point is that people of a certain religion aren't necessarily acting on behalf of it. You're quick to point this out in defence of Islamic extremism, it equally applies to victims of it.

Afghanistan signs deal with militant Hekmatyar

The Afghan government has signed a peace agreement with Hezb-e-Islami, the country's second largest militant group.

Representatives of the movement and Afghan officials signed the accord in a ceremony shown live on TV.

The deal grants impunity to the group's leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, an Islamist warlord accused of numerous atrocities.

He was not present at the signing, which is intended to pave the way for him to return from hiding to Kabul.

Under the terms of the deal Mr Hekmatyar agrees to accept the constitution and abandon violence. He must still sign the accord with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani for it to come into force.

The two sides have still to agree a date and venue for that to happen.

I've always made that distinction, but in this case the key point is that people of a certain religion aren't necessarily acting on behalf of it. You're quick to point this out in defense of Islamic extremism, it equally applies to victims of it.

Well no, I'm just confused....Maybe you could help me.

So Muslims were fighting Muslims, in a Muslim country. But the yanks bombed the 'good-guys' by accident, who were Muslims....Yet Islam is the avowed enemy?

So Muslims were fighting Muslims, in a Muslim country. But the yanks bombed the 'good-guys' by accident, who were Muslims....Yet Islam is the avowed enemy?

I already explained this in my last few posts. The reason you're not getting it is because you don't want to.

As long as you ignore everything that doesn't make Islam the enemy, Islam is the enemy. ;)

So this page started due to Sonia's comments. One thing that staggers me is the various debate that rages today and within a 5y year moment in time....maybe 10 year at best. The Islam v Everything else (mainly the Catholics) has been happening since god knows when...most say since the past 1400 years. So, the Islam topic has suddenly become mainstream the past few years and people actually think they can defend the conflict as if it is irrelevant?

As long as you ignore everything that doesn't make Islam the enemy, Islam is the enemy. ;)

As long as you ignore everything that makes Islam an enemy, such as religious fascism, gender segregation, honor killings, jihad, genital mutilation, the suppression of science in favor of religious dogma, faith schoolings, Sharia, theocracy, indoctrination, sexism, homophobia, anti-semitism, death for apostasy, intolerance for non-believers, etc, then Islam is not the enemy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing that Sadiq Khan is already not doing in London, banning bikini ads as body shaming? yet men are allowed to post their pictures no matter how well built they are and thats not body shaming.

It's still unclear to me whether Sadiq's motives are religious . . . I thought it was just the one company whose models images were removed. As for as men go, I don't know whether it's just the usual double standard at play there.

There is a BBC debate on youtube where he states he is agnostic but everytime someone criticised Islam, he defended Islam. Funny he defended only Islam not christianity or any other religion there.

That would be great if he was agnostic. I've seen ex-muslims such as Cenk Uygur also defend their previous faith. There is probably still some sort of attachment.

Okay I just looked up that debate, and he did retract that comment later.

Question Time
I really enjoyed my maiden appearance on Question Time in Hartlepool. I haven't seen the programme yet but got some really postive comments. However, I understand from my mum that I may have said on the programme that I was agnostic!

I certainly am not and can't recall saying that. I do recall getting into a heated exchange with Nigel Farage MEP about the idea of politicians telling women what they can and cant wear in the context of "banning the nikab". I think David Dimbleby asked my personal view as a Muslim. I meant to say (and thought I did say) I am agnostic about whether women should wear the nikab or not. My point was it's not for me, as a male politician, to tell women what to wear - let alone legislate to ban or criminalise it.

As long as you ignore everything that makes Islam an enemy, such as religious fascism, gender segregation, honor killings, jihad, genital mutilation, the suppression of science in favor of religious dogma, faith schoolings, Sharia, theocracy, indoctrination, sexism, homophobia, anti-semitism, death for apostasy, intolerance for non-believers, etc, then Islam is not the enemy.

You & your mate are proof positive that religion isn't the only thing that makes people do and say stupid things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back