Urban Legend Why people believe conspiracy theories. Maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

^Broad sweeping generalization overload.
tumblr_lfptyjeU2e1qbj46wo1_400.gif

I read about conspiracy theories a lot but im not a part of a cult. Nor do i try and push my opinions on others. Nor do i even talk about any of it in real life.

All i ever do is attempt to get people to question the reality/movie that they are being told/sold to believe.

Trust no one.

X

I read about conspiracy theories a lot but im not a part of a cult. Nor do i try and push my opinions on others. Nor do i even talk about any of it in real life.

All i ever do is attempt to get people to question the reality/movie that they are being told/sold to believe.

Trust no one.

X

But do you identify yourself as a conspiracy theorist, or truther an info warrior or other such title?

I specifically stated its in regards to those who self identify as such.

And FWIW I never said they were a cult I said they merely mimic the behaviour of a cult, these groups are far to fragmented to be considered an actual cult.

I don't self identify as anything.

You are very ego driven.

I know what you said but its far from my experiences of other "truthers/CTers/awakened" people i have met.

They are all fairly intelligent and cynical of the existence we are told to believe in.

I don't self identify as anything.

You are very ego driven.

I know what you said but its far from my experiences of other "truthers/CTers/awakened" people i have met.

They are all fairly intelligent and cynical of the existence we are told to believe in.

Of course they are, you show me one forum full the self identifiers who don't label people as sheep or sheeple, disinfo agents, any media person that challenges there views as wilfully ignorant or a contelpro agent.

Hell your here bitching about me, saying that CT's label and belittle anyone who challenges their own group thinking yet a few replies back GG does that specifically to another poster that disagrees with him.

Of course they are, you show me one forum full the self identifiers who don't label people as sheep or sheeple, disinfo agents, any media person that challenges there views as wilfully ignorant or a contelpro agent.

Hell your here bitching about me, saying that CT's label and belittle anyone who challenges their own group thinking yet a few replies back GG does that specifically to another poster that disagrees with him.

All sub cultures have their own language specific to their lifestyle.

Your're doing it wrong. CTers despise group think. GG was just being a bit rascallish.

All sub cultures have their own language specific to their lifestyle.

Your're doing it wrong. CTers despise group think. GG was just being a bit rascallish.

They believe they do, but they openly attack anyone who challenges their own accepted beliefs.

They also have a habit of refining and narrowing down possible explanations of the conspiracy's.

Those that don't commit to the now agreed upon truth, instead clinging to a now unpopular theory within the CT community are similar treated with disrespect.

This is the very definition of group think the group encourages others to believe as they do, those that do not are looked down upon and made to feel dumb or weak a by product of this is that it pressures these people into accepting this line of thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They believe they do, but they openly attack anyone who challenges their own accepted beliefs.

They also have a habit of refining and narrowing down possible explanations of the conspiracy's.

Those that don't commit to the now agreed upon truth, instead clinging to a now unpopular theory within the CT community are similar treated with disrespect.

This is the very definition of group think the group encourages others to believe as they do, those that do not are looked down upon and made to feel dumb or weak a by product of this is that it pressures these people into accepting this line of thinking.

Maybe thats your perception if you only study their online posts.

How many do this to you in real life?

Only ever met one In RL worked with the guy for 4 years day in day out didn't change my mind about CT's only re-enforced it.

In the end he was obsessed with the s**t putting DVD's I'm people's cubbys raving on within moments of news of something when he quit his job his reason was "he's eyes were opened, to the evil corporate empire and could no enable it further" sadly he was a good bloke but that s**t pulled him in further and further overtime conspiracy's were everywhere every terror attack was part of a us war (if course the elite were behind the US's war), every massacre in some African shithole was committed by oil and mining companies and so on.

As for supposedly being open minded about people who don't agree with you I'll ask once again as an example why should I ignore a tv investigative special that agrees with the governments line on 9/11 in favour of a low budget CT's special who doesn't credit or source it's material.

Cuts bits and pieces of other people's work and strings it together to in a way that support's there view and calls it their own?

You shouldn't believe anything.

Just take ideas from programs and realise that is all they are. Programmes.

And don't base all your perceptions of a sub culture on one individual.

I also see nothing wrong with what he said/did.

I would consider him a decent human being.

People disagreeing is fine. As long as they put real effort into it and arent just being dismissive or babbling crap
Some conspiracy theories deserve to be dismissed, as do some of the people who believe in them.

Nearly all conspiracies conducted by governments and their agencies will never come to light. Anybody ever heard of a plot by Australia's black ops people to assassinate an Australian Deputy Prime Minister, during the 1970s?

Yes because everything the government and media tell us is 100% true. :rolleyes:

Nothing to see here.....

You miss the point entirely, it's not wether the government should be trusted 100% or not (they shouldn't)

But there's a massive difference to saying "hang on your telling me part of a passport supposedly fell out of planes window as it crashed into a building and was not only able to be recovered but it was barely damaged........."

To "going well clearly the entire thing was a set up by the government so they could take our liberty's I watched a youtube video on it, anyone who disagrees with me is either a blind idiot or in on it"

Your only substituting one authority for another, your not discovering anything for yourself (reading biased Internet articles that have pre drawn conclusions doesn't make you a detective) . Your not being just as skeptical of the CT line as you are the governments.

Take the gulf of Tonkin incident, a very real conspiracy that happened.......just not the way the CT said it did. It was a cluster * in which a US ship thought it was under attack when it's unlikely it ever was.

Additional the Ship panicked in the first instant and fired first meaning that if any PT boat did fire they were within their right.

The NSA and government at the time decided this attack would be used as a pretext for war, and when they found out it was a cluster * instead of saying "oops" and coming clean they covered it up and went ahead with the war.

There was no grand conspiracy for world domination now Israeli ships or planes attacking the ship and US forces being stood down while A US ship was under attack.

Their was possible one small attack that may have been fishing boats or nothing at all and there certainly wasn't any second attack.

But we didn't know that until the files were declassified, the CT's got it wrong because they believe in this idea that the elite and Jews want to rules the world and so the Theories have to match this view.

Of course then again The declassified files were just another cover up! To cover up, the cover up!........over 50 years later when nobody was interested in the event and no pressure had been put on the government to release the information.

And that's the whole point it's sometimes obvious when things aren't what we are being told they are.

But the cover up is always good the truth never comes out until the files are declassified or a spy defects with proof.

And we shouldn't be surprised by this after all these agency's are paid to cover the s**t up, anyone claiming they can see through it all have the answer's should be treated with suspicion.

A great example of this was with the Kennedy assassination where soviet spies were tasked with purposely spreading CT's as part of a psyop, to undermine people's trust in the US government and establishment. (Went swimmingly)

Another is the US investigating UFO's (most notable project blue book) even though in many cases they knew what had been sighted was experimental aircraft. (Which is why many UFO sightings are eerily similar to later declassified craft)

Or of course this could also be another cover up to hide the fact the Yanks are in league with the lizard people.

The more involved the supposed cover up the more likely it's bullshit, which is why these theory's keep growing and have to become grander each time encompassing more and more groups and people because if they don't cracks start to appear.

The truth is the cover up is small and simple enough that most people won't even notice, and if they can't do that then you use subterfuge you put so much bullshit info out there alternate theory's etc that people are unlikely to find the true cover up.

I mean do your really believe Alex Jones would be alive if half the s**t he said was true?

Absolutely. His personality makes it easy to dismiss him and his "crazy" ideas as just words from a raving loon.

Its like Icke. Cut out the reptilian stuff and he has been saying stuff for 20 something years that is just coming to light now. Child sex rings in the upper echelons of society, anyone? But then throw in "the queens a lizard, i am god" and bam, credibility gone, the sheep will take the easy path and dismiss everything else he says.

I couldnt be bothered reading the tldr rant before it because it probably doesnt fit my world view or life experiences and i dont want to get angry on a friday.

Referring to people as sheep, your suggesting they dismiss it due to a herd mentality and are afraid to think for themselves.

You used it in the context that not dismissing these people's comments make you a free thinker and somehow more enlightened then the masses you look down upon.

You do you believe that? Why can a person simply review what these guys claim to be true and decide that it's rubbish without being sheep?

It because this is the truth you've come to believe and you've gone and acted just the way I suggested CT act when there views are challenged.

For which I was scoffed at and was told that's not how CT's think at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back