Urban Legend Why people believe conspiracy theories. Maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

You miss the point entirely, it's not wether the government should be trusted 100% or not (they shouldn't)

But there's a massive difference to saying "hang on your telling me part of a passport supposedly fell out of planes window as it crashed into a building and was not only able to be recovered but it was barely damaged........."

To "going well clearly the entire thing was a set up by the government so they could take our liberty's I watched a youtube video on it, anyone who disagrees with me is either a blind idiot or in on it"

Your only substituting one authority for another, your not discovering anything for yourself (reading biased Internet articles that have pre drawn conclusions doesn't make you a detective) . Your not being just as skeptical of the CT line as you are the governments.

Take the gulf of Tonkin incident, a very real conspiracy that happened.......just not the way the CT said it did. It was a cluster **** in which a US ship thought it was under attack when it's unlikely it ever was.

Additional the Ship panicked in the first instant and fired first meaning that if any PT boat did fire they were within their right.

The NSA and government at the time decided this attack would be used as a pretext for war, and when they found out it was a cluster **** instead of saying "oops" and coming clean they covered it up and went ahead with the war.

There was no grand conspiracy for world domination now Israeli ships or planes attacking the ship and US forces being stood down while A US ship was under attack.

Their was possible one small attack that may have been fishing boats or nothing at all and there certainly wasn't any second attack.

But we didn't know that until the files were declassified, the CT's got it wrong because they believe in this idea that the elite and Jews want to rules the world and so the Theories have to match this view.

Of course then again The declassified files were just another cover up! To cover up, the cover up!........over 50 years later when nobody was interested in the event and no pressure had been put on the government to release the information.

And that's the whole point it's sometimes obvious when things aren't what we are being told they are.

But the cover up is always good the truth never comes out until the files are declassified or a spy defects with proof.

And we shouldn't be surprised by this after all these agency's are paid to cover the s**t up, anyone claiming they can see through it all have the answer's should be treated with suspicion.

A great example of this was with the Kennedy assassination where soviet spies were tasked with purposely spreading CT's as part of a psyop, to undermine people's trust in the US government and establishment. (Went swimmingly)

Another is the US investigating UFO's (most notable project blue book) even though in many cases they knew what had been sighted was experimental aircraft. (Which is why many UFO sightings are eerily similar to later declassified craft)

Or of course this could also be another cover up to hide the fact the Yanks are in league with the lizard people.

The more involved the supposed cover up the more likely it's bullshit, which is why these theory's keep growing and have to become grander each time encompassing more and more groups and people because if they don't cracks start to appear.

The truth is the cover up is small and simple enough that most people won't even notice, and if they can't do that then you use subterfuge you put so much bullshit info out there alternate theory's etc that people are unlikely to find the true cover up.

I mean do your really believe Alex Jones would be alive if half the s**t he said was true?
good post, but USS Liberty was not really a conspiracy nor cover up. just the yanks made it classified to not offend their "allies" who attacked them. its understandable.

Nearly all conspiracies conducted by governments and their agencies will never come to light. Anybody ever heard of a plot by Australia's black ops people to assassinate an Australian Deputy Prime Minister, during the 1970s?
the only politician I have ever met in person. he certainly was a weird cat. Should be more like him really.

I'm sorry you expect there not to be files when a US naval vessel reports coming under fire in international waters?

Oh i expect there is "files".

How many different ones though?

On how many different security levels?

And try and relate that statement to more than that one particular incident. It was a fairly obvious generalisation.

But we're talking about this one incident, he claimed there was no cover up other then classifying the files related to the incident as to hide the fact Jews attack the USS liberty.

These files have now been declassified, there's no mention of Israeli involvement.

But we're talking about this one incident, he claimed there was no cover up other then classifying the files related to the incident as to hide the fact Jews attack the USS liberty.

These files have now been declassified, there's no mention of Israeli involvement.

Of course there isn't.

Some have and some nearly have.

Human testing and abuse of children under state care. Plans for US chemical weapons tests on Australian soldiers (thankfully never eventuated).

But I agree, many won't despite nearly coming to light. For example how ASIS used to make up their budget shortfall (see "training" operation gone wrong) or organised pedophile rings operating within the Victorian police service (partly uncovered, then covered up).

I know of a certain WA elder, who claims to be in possession of recordings of detailed oral accounts and the confirmed locations of a number of mass graves, from previously unreported massacres of indigenous Australians in WA. Some might consider the man in question a formidable individual, but he has been cowed (perhaps wrongly) into not releasing the information to the public.

However, despite assurances as to the veracity of the mans claims, I fully admit it is important to maintain a state of suspended disbelief until such evidence is ever made available to the public.

Heard anything about Aliens?

I do not go by Law Society terms because I am not a part of it.

I " go by" human consciousness and love.

"Human consciousness and love" over proof and evidence ? Yeah I'm sure that would work well in the REAL WORLD lol (which you are a part of...physically , anyway):rolleyes: .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only politician I have ever met in person. he certainly was a weird cat. Should be more like him really.
A good man. Hopeless politician. Apparently, a good root. Former copper. Among the first who internally investigated bent coppers in Victoria.

Lol. It wasn't a dig, Div. Genuine light-heartedness based around the fact that if a conspiracy theory was true, I'd want it to be about Extraterrestrial life.
Apologies. Thought it was a slight, which was frustrating given the honest and critical assessment I gave of the possibility, that the miniature mummy that had been discovered was indeed not human.

you're allowed to tell the truth skilts. its ok
Nah, it needs to have another three years expire before it's legal to talk about it. Given the seeming flexibility of the ground rules, this may eventually change to a later date, if it suits some. Not talking about rooting here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back