why was obama's first term regarded as a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

crows90

Debutant
Nov 27, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
It appears to be that his first term was regarded as a failure and being re-elected is his chance to 'get it right'. What didn't he do in his first term that he promised to do prior to being elected?

It appears the main issue was the bad economy and if it was, how much could he or any government realistically have done to have fixed it?

Finally what will he have to do in his next term to regarded as a 'success'?

It appears to be that his first term was regarded as a failure and being re-elected is his chance to 'get it right'. What didn't he do in his first term that he promised to do prior to being elected?

It appears the main issue was the bad economy and if it was, how much could he or any government realistically have done to have fixed it?

For starters

He'll have to fix the world economy and bring peace to the middle east.

Not so much that he was terrible, but he made so many great promises with his slick smooth-talking before he became president, and that he wasn't able to do quite a few of them, that really reflected badly on him.

He's done a few things very well and not as well on others, just like many presidents

65f2.jpg

Was he better than bush? In the words of mick malthouse, absolutely

Is he better than mr tax cuts let's do two years community service in France? Absolutely

Did he get hit by the worst economic crisis in decades as he came in? Absolutely

Could he have gone harder against wall st? Yes

Reckon obama's place in history will b judged on this term. And he didn't sell hope this time

I read this article in last years time magazine about Hillary Clinton as sec of state. She rekons that they are trying a different brand of diplomacy than previous administrations. Instead of bullying , they are trying to engage others in the region they have issues to make and contribute to decisions. She sought of spoke about a bit more self determination for regions rather than just send in the American military. She said its not something that just happens overnight.

Although I wish the war mongering to stop, which I've heard is a priority of this administration thats yet to materialize, I think the world is a better place without Mcain/palin and will be even better again considering Romney wanted to go back to bullying and increase oil,coal and gas production when the rest of the world is trying to phase out those energy sources as a result of the effects of the pollution procuring and using those resources.

For along time the amount of money invested in the military is going the right way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read this article in last years time magazine about Hillary Clinton as sec of state. She rekons that they are trying a different brand of diplomacy than previous administrations. Instead of bullying , they are trying to engage others in the region they have issues to make and contribute to decisions. She sought of spoke about a bit more self determination for regions rather than just send in the American military. She said its not something that just happens overnight.

Although I wish the war mongering to stop, which I've heard is a priority of this administration thats yet to materialize, I think the world is a better place without Mcain/palin and will be even better again considering Romney wanted to go back to bullying and increase oil,coal and gas production when the rest of the world is trying to phase out those energy sources as a result of the effects of the pollution procuring and using those resources.

For along time the amount of money invested in the military is going the right way.

McCain Palin could have only been worse had McCain had a coronary. And McCain was pretty incompetent. Read about his Navy time, and how many crashed planes he recorded. About the Keating 5 and AZ Savings and Loans...

He had no help from the Republicans, who would continuously block bills regardless of their merit.

Obama had Democrat control of the House for his first two years, and voters saw his performance as disappointing, which led to the GOP winning control of the House for the past two years. Since then he has had to learn, very slowly, the art of negotiating with a hostile House.

Clinton did well without having control of the House. Remains to be seen if Obama has that talent.

I never saw it as a failure, troops out of Iraq and universal healthcare are two pretty big achievements, American foreign policy is still a disaster, when he said in 2008 he was going to engage more with Pakistan I was hopeful, until I realised he meant that he was going to bomb them with Predator drones.
Yesterday was a vote for the future, regardless of your opinion on Obama, I think we have now seen the curtain drawn on the boomer generation in politics. On both sides of the younger generation is emerging.
It will also be interesting to see which version of the Republican Party emerges from this.

Obama had Democrat control of the House for his first two years, and voters saw his performance as disappointing, which led to the GOP winning control of the House for the past two years. Since then he has had to learn, very slowly, the art of negotiating with a hostile House.

Clinton did well without having control of the House. Remains to be seen if Obama has that talent.

They lost the majority on the back of scare campaigning about Healthcare. Given the exit polling numbers yesterday it would appear that Healthcare is now accepted and wanted by the majority.

Clinton did well in his second term by turning bipartisan. He was also hunted by the extremes of the Republicans and a leader during a positive economy cycle.

I think the idea of Obama taking his policies to the people so that they start pressuring their local members is a sound idea and it will be interesting to see the outcomes.

Predator drones is the first sign of the scary world post 21st century. Makes MAD seem quite folksy in comparison

At least Obama has a second reason to be in the History books

Nothing will surpass the insanity of nuclear brinksmanship.
Talk is theres gonna be nuclear powered drones orbiting the earth, they can be deployed above anyone at any time to bring down a wide ranging arsenal

Skynet, IMO is above and beyond nuclear brinkmanship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back