Votes: 73 56.6%
  • No Chance

Votes: 36 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose to Giants and Lions probably. Therefore miss.
Beats Pies and Giants I think we make it.
Will come down to team selection or injuries in my eyes.
So on the fence.
We got the players to do it.
Pick the right team and totally back us in.
Go too top heavy and think we blow what chance we got.
Should have beaten Hawks and not even need to be on fence now.

5 teams are vying for 2 positions in the 8. Saints in 6th are 2 games and % clear and only really need 1 more win to make it. Essendon in 12th need 4 wins out of 5 games to make it as their % is awful.

So we are looking at:

Battle for the 8.JPG

Dogs have Cats, Bye, Eagles, Hawks, Dockers

Pies have Roos, Blues, Lions, Bye, Suns, Power

Dees have Saints, Swans, Dockers, Giants, Bombers

Blues have Pies, Giants, Swans, Crows, Lions

Giants have Eagles, Dockers, Blues, Crows, Dees, Saints

I agree with the OP here. Dees are likely to wrap up 1 of those spots. Our chances hinge on the Pies game. If they win, they make the 8. If we win, we have to also beat the Giants or try to squeak in on %.

9 wins and a % around 110 will be the minimum requirement.

Should we take this thread down before we jinx it?

I feel like this is comparable to saying a batsman is batting well when he's on 99, for him to only end up going out the very next ball :p
We are an outside chance - let’s be bold!

we have all ran over too many black cats in the last 20 years to remove any jinx - I say we back the boys in

5 teams are vying for 2 positions in the 8. Saints in 6th are 2 games and % clear and only really need 1 more win to make it. Essendon in 12th need 4 wins out of 5 games to make it as their % is awful.

So we are looking at:

View attachment 942590

Dogs have Cats, Bye, Eagles, Hawks, Dockers

Pies have Roos, Blues, Lions, Bye, Suns, Power

Dees have Saints, Swans, Dockers, Giants, Bombers

Blues have Pies, Giants, Swans, Crows, Lions

Giants have Eagles, Dockers, Blues, Crows, Dees, Saints

I agree with the OP here. Dees are likely to wrap up 1 of those spots. Our chances hinge on the Pies game. If they win, they make the 8. If we win, we have to also beat the Giants or try to squeak in on %.

9 wins and a % around 110 will be the minimum requirement.

Based on form the Pies and Giants games we are a good chance

what worries me based on this year is the Swans and Crows games

Based on form the Pies and Giants games we are a good chance

what worries me based on this year is the Swans and Crows games

If the Crows only win this year is against us, this will be a painful off season for our supporters on BigFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of outcome, in finals contention is a bonus. I f***ing love that we are pushing this year and will be laughing at m*****f***ers next year. Charlie this make defences look stupid next season.

It's nice to have a thread talking about our finals chances with 5 weeks to go. It's been a while.

Will we make finals? I don't know, but we have a chance, so why be timid?

Carlton shall walk into the finals with conviction and unerring momentum despite all impediments.

I love the fact that I can watch neutral games with genuine interest and really barrack for certain sides because it helps our interests. Having a dog in the fight, so to speak, massively increases my interest. Been a while since the results of neutral games have really mattered to Carlton fans this time of year.

As opposed to last night. Kick f****** straight.

The saving grace was that we kept gold coast to a low score and doubled theirs meaning the percentage boost was significant anyway. Had the scores been higher we could have made up less percentage even if winning by the same or a bigger margin.

I don't think the Crows will go winless this season. Feel like they will snag one just hopefully not against us.

We should beat Collingwood, Swans and Adelaide at a minimum.

GWS will depend what GWS show up. If it's anything like what they dished up against the Swans we will win.

Overall we are more likely to make it if we are consistent. So probably won't lol

Plus Don't forget...North def Collingwood this round needs to happen first.
If North Beat Collingwood this round, based on injuries and form, it essentially eliminates them from finals.

They're mathematically a chance but it becomes such an up hill battle for them.

Lose to us the week after and it's over.

Our 9 day break vs their 6 will be helpful.

The bulldogs could've helped us by losing but we have a game in hand and an easier run so hopefully we can get it done.

GWS, well let's see how they perform. Very up and down this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back