Opinion Will there be a Port Adelaide team regularly playing in the Prison Bar jumpers in 2024

Will there be a Port Adelaide team regularly playing in the Prison Bar jumpers in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I suspect that at the AGM in early 2024 it will be announced that the Port Adelaide Football Club will be playing in the VFL rather than the SANFL in 2024.

It must have already been decided, the SANFL needs to do their draw.

I also suspect that the Port Adelaide side in the VFL will wear the chevrons and not the prison bars.

That detail won't be confirmed until a week or so before the first game, and then we will be told that there wasn't enough time to sort anything else out but we will revisit it at the end of 2024.

And so in 2024, no Port Adelaide side will regularly play in the Prison Bars jumper.

But I'm curious, will you pay up your membership before that detail has been announced, or not?

And if you haven't renewed and locked in your seats before that announcement, will you pick up one of the cheaper memberships and actually go to the VFL and AFL games to watch the Black and Blues play Southport and Collingwood in their black and white kit?

So the poll is simple, do you think we will see Port Adelaide wear the prison bar jumper regularly in 2024, or will it just be that once in the AFL in the Round 20-something home game on a Sunday night at 4:00pm broadcast only on Kayo and on tv ranging from Ceduna to Bordertown?

This is a public poll and you cannot change your vote, because I'm curious to see who is gullible enough to think this won't happen.

But there is always the museum.

Don’t we have a contract with the SANFL until 2028. There is no indication that it will happen in 2024. Only the discussion has been raised.

My brother in law works for an SANFL club and believes it's at least 4 years away. He says AFL to prioritise Tasmania team and a 20th team

My brother in law works for an SANFL club and believes it's at least 4 years away. He says AFL to prioritise Tasmania team and a 20th team

Caroline Wilson was arguing 6 months ago the AFL want it done before Tassie comes in.

Personally I'm not one for hanging around once a relationship is over.

We can let the sanfl down easy " It's not them it's us. We still love them but we think we should see other people."

They'll buy that and we are out of there.

Home Free.

I'd rather just send them a text but if there's a contract

In relation to PB, we should introduce it as black and silver. Then as time goes on keep diluting the silver until it looks more white than silver. Black and Silver, how can Collingwood complain!!!

I'd rather we said to the SANFL, we have this new deal on the table, now about our reserves, U-18's and our zones.
Lets talk.

But the people controlling this club at the moment are known to prematurely evaluate.

Last edited:
The vfl is already the reserve's comp. Everyone bar is crows and the WA clubs play in it.

So why wait till after Tassie?

** the snafl

We should be wearing the PB's every week unless Southport/Collingwood home games.

In relation to PB, we should introduce it as black and silver. Then as time goes on keep diluting the silver until it looks more white than silver. Black and Silver, how can Collingwood complain!!!
We should have done that when JC started wearing that baseball jacket and never looked back.

But now we are the Black and Blues.

1700811826630.png
s-l1600.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only instance of wearing the PBs the club (Koch) will argue for is our home Showdown as thats the corner they've painted themselves into. It's a dead guernsey to the M, W, and future R teams.

The only instance of wearing the PBs the club (Koch) will argue for is our home Showdown as thats the corner they've painted themselves into. It's a dead guernsey to the M, W, and future R teams.
And that is why the next Koch will be to Port what Michelle Bullock is to people with a mortgage.
Generational change takes time.

Have to wait for all the pre1997ers to die.

Cos is next, to complete the transformation.
But I digress.

Back