Will we have a debutant this season?

Which player(s) will make their debut in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty embarrassing that the club have to be dragged screaming and kicking to do what everyone can see needs to happen.
Everyone is telling nicks to run the young guys through the midfield and after five weeks it happens and we beat Carlton.
Everyone is asking nicks when's Curtin going to get a game, he's too talented to be playing sanfl and playing full back.
Eventually the changes happen but it makes it looks like Nicks is reactionary and doesn't know what he is doing
Curtin played four SANFL games and was picked immediately after he had a strong performance. Following a pre-season injury. There was no media pressure or rumours of him being unhappy. Nobody had to be dragged to anything.

My batting order is

1) Zac Taylor

2) Oscar Ryan

3) Billy Dowling

4) Charlie Edwards

5) Hugh Bond*

6) Liam Gallagher *

7) Tariek Newchurch*

* May never debut

Newchurch isn't even on our list.

I agree with your top 3. I think they are all equal though depending on team needs as to which one comes in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under intense scrutiny, THE MAHATMA™ has finally decided to play THE TYKES™. Looking forward to seeing THE CURTINATOR® dominate the pear on Thursday night. Also hoping for a recall of Murphy in a new role, henceforth to be known as BRAN NUE MURPHAY™.

We are just missing the Shermanator to complete the set.

Newchurch isn't even on our list.

I agree with your top 3. I think they are all equal though depending on team needs as to which one comes in.
Doh!

Just a little hint to the Bearded Clam (and quite a few others) who were outraged that Tariek wasn’t debuted last year. Tariek was dropped to the Rooster Twos a couple of weeks ago.

Sometimes not debuting a player is the best decision. There are plenty of players who we have given AFL games and lived to regret it.

I think Liam has more AFL attributes than Bond and possibly Dowling but I would be delighted if they prove me wrong. Gallagher is so raw but already has a highlight reel that would put the M&Ms to shame.

Doh!

Just a little hint to the Bearded Clam and quite a few others who were outraged that Tariek wasn’t debuted last year. (Tariek was dropped to the Rooster Twos a couple of weeks ago).

Sometimes not debuting a player is the best decision. There are plenty of players who we have given AFL games and lived to regret it.

well we've give a combined 250 odd games into Schoenberg, Murphy, McHenry and Sholl, none of those players will make the top 50 players of the AFC.

but you are correct. Not everyone debuts. We've delisted kids after a single season before.

Back