Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Butler retired today but this also happened...

So much win

f378b8adbf9ea7dda787436337d04e28.jpg

I'll put my hand up and admit I clapped eyes on the proposed logo about a month ago. I got about a 3 second look at it before it was pulled away.

My immediate impression was that it was similar in style to the Lmach design, albeit inferior if I were to compare them side by side. Thankfully nothing like the "new crows" logo from what I can recall.

So it was a completely new logo?? Not the old original eagle head??

Just out of interest, was a discussion on another thread about the Eagles clash jumper not having home sponsors, yet I see the Peril in all its beautiful and godlike glory with a home sponsor, is that just for retail or?

Yeah for some reason, the retail versions of our clash guernseys have always had the home sponsor on the front (SGIO) but in reality, it's always worn as an away guernsey, so the player issues have Bankwest on the front, like the royal. There was a batch of home sponsored yellow guernseys seen in the pre season intra club match, which made us think it'd be worn for a home game at some stage this year, but that looks like it won't happen, so not sure why they bothered ordering a set of home sponsored ones??

Yeah for some reason, the retail versions of our clash guernseys have always had the home sponsor on the front (SGIO) but in reality, it's always worn as an away guernsey, so the player issues have Bankwest on the front, like the royal. There was a batch of home sponsored yellow guernseys seen in the pre season intra club match, which made us think it'd be worn for a home game at some stage this year, but that looks like it won't happen, so not sure why they bothered ordering a set of home sponsored ones??
didn't the royal jumpers have SGIO 10 years or so ago?

didn't the royal jumpers have SGIO 10 years or so ago?

Yes. In 2003, when the royal wings first came back after those terrible years from 98 - 2002 when we only had navy, and then the tri panel and ochre, the away jumper did have SGIO front & back. Then from 04 onwards, it went back to having HJs on the front. For some reason, for 2000 - 2003, both our home and away jumpers only had sgio, front and back, not sure why, as I think HJs continued to be a major spnsor throughout those years?? Someone else might be able to answer that a little better.

So for all the 90s, we had HJs as away sponsor, and then from 04 to current, it's been HJs / Bankwest

Yes. In 2003, when the royal wings first came back after those terrible years from 98 - 2002 when we only had navy, and then the tri panel and ochre, the away jumper did have SGIO front & back. Then from 04 onwards, it went back to having HJs on the front. For some reason, for 2000 - 2003, both our home and away jumpers only had sgio, front and back, not sure why, as I think HJs continued to be a major spnsor throughout those years?? Someone else might be able to answer that a little better.

So for all the 90s, we had HJs as away sponsor, and then from 04 to current, it's been HJs / Bankwest
HJs dropped there major sponsorship for those years.. were only a lower sponsor.. remember it being announced when they took up major sponsorship again... between 05-09 they printed SGIO on royal wings and wore that at home when tripanel clashed.. so royal wings was worn a fair bit at home as well as away.. they canned that when the brought in the white clash

I'd like to see what navy would look like with white shorts. IMO it might look better than royal with white shorts.

HJs dropped there major sponsorship for those years.. were only a lower sponsor.. remember it being announced when they took up major sponsorship again... between 05-09 they printed SGIO on royal wings and wore that at home when tripanel clashed.. so royal wings was worn a fair bit at home as well as away.. they canned that when the brought in the white clash

Yeh that's right, but as far as wearing SGIO away, on royal, it was only for that one season in 2003.

Nitpicking here, but Hungry Jack's actually returned as a major sponsor late in the '03 season, with their logo reappearing on the front of our away jumper from round 20, 2003 in the draw against Geelong.

ytajhFs.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back