Winston Abraham

Remove this Banner Ad

The goal vs Collingwood in '98 where he took it out of the middle, evaded a few and slotted it from 45 on his left. Should have won both gongs that year,

The goal vs Collingwood in '98 where he took it out of the middle, evaded a few and slotted it from 45 on his left. Should have won both gongs that year,

This quote sums it up:

The greatest thing about that goal against the filth is that FIGJAM buys Winnies dummy like he would buy a copy of his own autobiography.

Was in a car watching local footy with a mate in 98 when Winnie plucked that ball from the clouds. The commentators went off and I was jumping around and banging on horn.

He was so smooth in his movements too. left right left right weaving through traffic and WINNIE kicks the goal!!!!

Apparently he was seen at Freo training the other day and considers himself as more a Freo man. :'( I thought he lubbbed us :'(

He was stocky, bordering on fat, he came to North at a time when it was part-time, 3 nights a week training.

He would absolutely tear s**t up in the modern game, he'd be fitter, stronger, he would kill defenders with so much space in transition with modern zones.

Was the ultimate hard match up, too quick and elusive at ground level, but a really strong body and could obviously jump on an opponents head.

He's just about the best kick of a football I've seen, had it all.

His stats don't flatter him at all, but I have him right up there in the 90's side, probably just below Archer, Stevo etc. On par with Horse, Schwass etc

He would of been one of the all time great aboriginal players if he didn't do his knee and was subject to a more professional era, he was in limbo in those years starting at Freo then moving to North.

He was as good as McLeod, Goodes etc in my book, different, but certainly just as talented.

At his best, the best comparison I can think of is a quicker/stockier/more powerful Chad Wingard.

Last edited:
He was stocky, bordering on fat, he came to North at a time when it was part-time, 3 nights a week training.

He would absolutely tear s**t up in the modern game, he'd be fitter, stronger, he would kill defenders with so much space in transition with modern zones.

Was the ultimate hard match up, too quick and elusive at ground level, but a really strong body and could obviously jump on an opponents head.

He's just about the best kick of a football I've seen, had it all.

His stats don't flatter him at all, but I have him right up there in the 90's side, probably just below Archer, Stevo etc. On par with Horse, Schwass etc

He would of been one of the all time great aboriginal players if he didn't do his knee and was subject to a more professional era, he was in limbo in those years starting at Freo then moving to North.

He was as good as McLeod, Goodes etc in my book, different, but certainly just as talented.

At his best, the best comparison I can think of is a quicker/more powerful Chad Wingard.
Although I have been fortunate enough to enjoy our 4 premiership years, one of my great regrets is having missed out on Winnie's career at North. I never saw him live, only hunting down footage after reading all the accolades heaped on him on BigFooty. Sounds a bit like the Adrian McAdam experience (which thankfully I did catch first hand).....too brief, but magnificent.

Apparently he was seen at Freo training the other day and considers himself as more a Freo man. :cry: I thought he lubbbed us :cry:

WTF!!! He was underwhelming at Freo. Didn't get close to his potential until he cam to North, then won a flag.

It's like Deni$ saying going to Carlton was like going back home.

Although I have been fortunate enough to enjoy our 4 premiership years, one of my great regrets is having missed out on Winnie's career at North. I never saw him live, only hunting down footage after reading all the accolades heaped on him on BigFooty. Sounds a bit like the Adrian McAdam experience (which thankfully I did catch first hand).....too brief, but magnificent.

He was essentially forced into retirement at the age of 27 after doing his knee trying to tackle *he who must not be named* coming off the bench...... he was just entering his prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was essentially forced into retirement at the age of 27 after doing his knee trying to tackle *he who must not be named* coming off the bench...... he was just entering his prime.

I spoke to a former senior player who played with Winnie and he told me what the club did to him in regards to his knee injury was shameful. Supposedly he'd been told prior to the start of the 2001 season that he'd require knee surgery. The club told him if he wanted a contract from 2002 he'd have to prove it by playing in 2001 so he decided against the surgery. Went out in the game v * and his knee gave way and the club then delisted him at the end of the season.

I spoke to a former senior player who played with Winnie and he told me what the club did to him in regards to his knee injury was shameful. Supposedly he'd been told prior to the start of the 2001 season that he'd require knee surgery. The club told him if he wanted a contract from 2002 he'd have to prove it by playing in 2001 so he decided against the surgery. Went out in the game v * and his knee gave way and the club then delisted him at the end of the season.
No wonder he identifies as a Freo man, premiership or not. Disgraceful by the club if true.

How good was the don't argue on Wakekin Regi?

Perhaps strong is better description.

yes strong is good
after all with arch stevo carey Micky Pike!! wld have to be a convicted ax murderer to be considered a tough guy in that team

remember just laughing when he waltzed around the Carlton bloke in the GF
now That was a Cakewalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back