Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
The magazine would take five shells? So Lynn already spent two and had three left if he discharged the remaining one after he got his gun back off Russell? According to Lynn.
Yes apparently they come with a 5 shot magazine.
Now that doesn't mean you would necessarily load all 5, as you would never actually need that many shots hunting deer.
GL may have preferred carrying 3, as this brings the weight down and also affects the "handling" of the shotgun. Which is an important consideration as shotguns are about quick, instinctive shooting, especially if you're hunting deer in close.

Last edited:
IF Hill was hunting Deer with the shotgun LEGALLY, he would have had to use the solid slugs as suggested previously, the solid slugs would need to be at least 245 grain (so about 16 grams). Not sure if two less shots would have changed the weight and balance too much.

BUT, if the shotgun holds five shots in the magazine and one in the chamber, there are six shots. Maybe the drone captured Lynn doing something else with the other three shots... did the forensics show up any animal bones? was Lynn successful in a deer hunt or [dramatic pause] are there other people missing? (dun dun daaa)

Apparently. He's lawyer alluded to it in opening
Has to imo. Given the actions post event and the evidence forensics available he's version is so unusual he will have to sell it. Give a detailed account where he was how the guns were accessed and exactly what happened and hope it matches with forensics and police brief.
Not a chance.

Dunno why but my minds been wandering back to the trailer and what went down with that on his return. Presumably it was thoroughly cleaned at his residence or elsewhere and possibly tried to sell it on Gumtree pretty fast. Wonder what the reason to wife was, for the urgent sale. How old was it?

For her, is this BS about his activities something she tolerates? So he can just keep his boys activities to himself and she asks no questions.

Wonder if neighbours saw anything re cleaning at night. Was there a canopy that disappeared? Why would meticulous arse coverer risk putting on GT and having to wait for someone to take it off his hands when he could have dealt with it like he did with everything else by destruction. Goes to disproving his panic motive. He allegedly according to himself ‘Panicked’ enough to obliterate bodies but also judiciously dealt with aftermath - took long route, stopped for a motel shower, allegedly took money from RH/ CC, then move on, trailer, car paint. All planned according to urgency / effort equation by stealth IMO

IM0 bodies must have been wrapped in sleeping bags/tarps. Did any of his stuff go mysteriously missing after this trip? Or were they secreted at home? Doubt the latter.

Perhaps the trailer didn't hold much DNA so it was just a convenient thing to get rid of it, to cover tracks and likelihood of being traceable.

The OS witness with the gumtree link to the case might have something interesting to say or maybe just a timestamp exercise. We’ll eventually find out.

Just noticed GL might stand for good liar IMO

Dunno why but my minds been wandering back to the trailer and what went down with that on his return. Presumably it was thoroughly cleaned at his residence or elsewhere and possibly tried to sell it on Gumtree pretty fast. Wonder what the reason to wife was, for the urgent sale. How old was it?

For her, is this BS about his activities something she tolerates? So he can just keep his boys activities to himself and she asks no questions.

Wonder if neighbours saw anything re cleaning at night. Was there a canopy that disappeared? Why would meticulous arse coverer risk putting on GT and having to wait for someone to take it off his hands when he could have dealt with it like he did with everything else by destruction. Goes to disproving his panic motive. He allegedly according to himself ‘Panicked’ enough to obliterate bodies but also judiciously dealt with aftermath - took long route, stopped for a motel shower, allegedly took money from RH/ CC, then move on, trailer, car paint. All planned according to urgency / effort equation by stealth IMO

IM0 bodies must have been wrapped in sleeping bags/tarps. Did any of his stuff go mysteriously missing after this trip? Or were they secreted at home? Doubt the latter.

Perhaps the trailer didn't hold much DNA so it was just a convenient thing to get rid of it, to cover tracks and likelihood of being traceable.

The OS witness with the gumtree link to the case might have something interesting to say or maybe just a timestamp exercise. We’ll eventually find out.

Just in relation to GL’s wife, if GL has been a good husband/Father, good provider, she might be totally in denial that GL would be capable of outright murdering someone, although that does leave question for what she thinks about him disposing of the bodies. Perhaps fear, maybe she appears to be standing by his side but is in fact fearful of speaking up against him.

I don't live in an area where there are deer hunters, so I don't understand how it works. I'm presuming they are pests, particularly in National Parks, so the hunters save NP from having to employ hunters to cull numbers? Someone mentioned earlier in the thread, that hunters take heads or was it antlers, which they sell. I also wondered if some were butchered and used for meat? Somebody like GT is hardly likely to need extra $$, so I'm guessing he was just there for the thrill of the hunt and the occasional feed of venison. In which case, he would need to take the carcass home and I'm thinking that the trailer would be how you would transport. So, some blood in the trailer would be a normal thing and no one would be surprised to see him cleaning/washing it out. As to why he disposed of it, I'm thinking it would be more likely that when he found out they were looking for a blue Nissan and trailer from the CCTV. Nissan now gold and trailer gone!

Has to imo. Given the actions post event and the evidence forensics available he's version is so unusual he will have to sell it. Give a detailed account where he was how the guns were accessed and exactly what happened and hope it matches with forensics and police brief.
I think the lawyer said you'll hear Lynn's story from his own mouth when you see his police interview, so I would take that as he won't be taking the stand.

I don't live in an area where there are deer hunters, so I don't understand how it works. I'm presuming they are pests, particularly in National Parks, so the hunters save NP from having to employ hunters to cull numbers? Someone mentioned earlier in the thread, that hunters take heads or was it antlers, which they sell. I also wondered if some were butchered and used for meat? Somebody like GT is hardly likely to need extra $$, so I'm guessing he was just there for the thrill of the hunt and the occasional feed of venison. In which case, he would need to take the carcass home and I'm thinking that the trailer would be how you would transport. So, some blood in the trailer would be a normal thing and no one would be surprised to see him cleaning/washing it out. As to why he disposed of it, I'm thinking it would be more likely that when he found out they were looking for a blue Nissan and trailer from the CCTV. Nissan now gold and trailer gone!

One reason why IMO he possibly used a knife on Hill, not only does he fancy knives but he likes to use them.

It takes some skill to field dress a deer.

What item do you absolutely need to field dress a deer?

The key to safe and efficient field dressing is a sharp, sturdy knife. Use a knife with at blade at least four inches long, a guard, and a large handle. A small knife can turn sideways in your hand when it hits bone. A butcher's skinning knife is ideal.

Also did a real job on Hill and Clay's remains.

As to whether Lynn either handled, took or demanded the footage out of Hill's drone, there are privacy guidelines and consent is actually a bit of an issue.

I'd expect Lynn as a pilot, might be across these guidelines. If Lynn felt his privacy was breeched, he may be entitled to ask to view the footage.

Don't Pry When You Fly

You're not allowed to fly drone above private property or above anyone who isn't known to you (ie it's technically a breach of the law if you are at the park and I fly a drone straight over you). Whether the law says you cannot take footage I am not sure as you could easily video someone operating a drone without flying over them.

In any case drones are not allowed to be operated in a NP without a permit. Not sure if privacy breach is a thing in a public place.

Here's another thought - what if the dispute was over the drone but rather GL saying I am taking it to the cops because you're not allowed to operate one in a NP and things escalated from there?

I think the lawyer said you'll hear Lynn's story from his own mouth when you see his police interview, so I would take that as he won't be taking the stand.
Interesting cause of death could not be determined. So no official findings.
Doubt Lynn knew at time of interview. So maybe a knife was involved otherwise could've said we fought over gun CC accidently shot than rh shot in struggle.
Regardless with no official cause recorded he can argue whatever. Wonder what forensics say on mirror

In any case drones are not allowed to be operated in a NP without a permit. Not sure if privacy breach is a thing in a public place.

Here's another thought - what if the dispute was over the drone but rather GL saying I am taking it to the cops because you're not allowed to operate one in a NP and things escalated from there?

Yep, if you look at the guidelines you're not allowed to film someone by drone if they have an expectation that they're in a private setting and out of view of others.

The law is more complex than I'd thought it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, if you look at the guidelines you're not allowed to film someone by drone if they have an expectation that they're in a private setting and out of view of others.

The law is more complex than I'd thought it was.

Filming someone on a private property is an absolute breach of the law and footage would have to be deleted.

I don't believe filming someone from a drone in a public place is a breach of privacy as you can video someone in a public place. Don't see how it's any different if filmed from a drone. As long as the filming occurs in a public place.

Possible causes of dispute:
  1. Lynn took best camping spot
  2. Camping too close
  3. Making too much noise
  4. Illegal hunting
  5. Drone footage
  6. Noise of Drone
  7. Lynn didn't like colour of drone
  8. Hill was a cantankerous old git
  9. Lynn asked to have a go flying the drone and Hill said no
  10. Lynn made a pass at Clay and she rejected his advances
  11. Lynn made a pass at Clay and she didn't reject his advances
  12. Landcruiser vs Patrol
  13. Bee keeping
  14. Mirror was reflecting in Lynn's face
  15. Offensive odour of campsite cooking
  16. Hill was still fuming from interaction with weed sprayer
  17. Hill was laughing at Lynn trying to reverse his trailer (we've all been there)
  18. Hill and Lynn both had a thing for the weed sprayer
  19. Hill claimed JetStar is a clown airline for clowns run by a bunch of clowns

Last edited:
Filming someone on a private property is an absolute breach of the law and footage would have to be deleted.

I don't believe filming someone from a drone in a public place is a breach of privacy as you can video someone in a public place. Don't see how it's any different if filmed from a drone. As long as the filming occurs in a public place.

Identification on drone footage may be an issue regardless of where you are. People sleep in tents in parks as well, so I imagine it would still be problem if you woke up to see a drone hovering at the entrance.

2. Camping too close
  3. Making too much noise
  4. Illegal hunting
  5. Drone footage
  6. Noise of Drone
  13. Bee keeping
  17. RH upon discovering GL was a pilot said sucks to be you with your career going down the shitter due to covid

Another I thought of

I went to the beach for a swim and didn’t realise that the council worker had a drone up.

She was in a flap getting my attention because she needed my permission to keep the drone up in the air.

Identification on drone footage may be an issue regardless of where you are. People sleep in tents in parks as well, so I imagine it would still be problem if you woke up to see a drone hovering at the entrance.

I would say in my estimation that the inside of a tent is not a public place but rather a private place even if its on public property.

Possible causes of dispute:
  2. Camping too close
  3. Making too much noise
  4. Illegal hunting
  5. Drone footage
  6. Noise of Drone
  13. Bee keeping
  17. Hill was laughing at Lynn trying to reverse his trailer (we've all been there)
  18. Hill and Lynn both had a thing for the weed sprayer
  19. Hill claimed JetStar is a clown airline for clowns run by a bunch of clowns

I bet RH said to old mate you must hate working for shitstar......

When the lawyer said you'll hear it in his own words, I took that to mean on the interview tape with police.
Does anyone know what happened to the shotgun, or the knife?
Police don't even know what happened to GL's trailer - how could that vanish?

2. Camping too close
  3. Making too much noise
  4. Illegal hunting
  5. Drone footage
  6. Noise of Drone
  13. Bee keeping
  17. RH upon discovering GL was a pilot said sucks to be you with your career going down the shitter due to covid

Another I thought of
18. Drug deal gone wrong
19. GL was hired by RH's wife to kill them
20. CC was accidentally shot in the head from a bullet off the mirror and RH accidentally stabbed himself to death
21. Radio aerial got caught around GL's trigger finger
22. Chemicals from weeds prayers made GL delusional

When the lawyer said you'll hear it in his own words, I took that to mean on the interview tape with police.
Does anyone know what happened to the shotgun, or the knife?
Police don't even know what happened to GL's trailer - how could that vanish?

Does the trailer even matter any longer? Not like GL is denying carting RH & CC up to Grants HA in it. All locating it would do is confirm what GL has already admitted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back