Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
Justice Michael Croucher told jurors prosecutors would allege Lynn killed Ms Clay, 73, and Mr Hill, 74, while they were camping at Bucks Camp in the Wonnangatta Valley.
He said Lynn was working as an airline captain for Jetstar at the time of the alleged murders.
"It will be alleged Mr Lynn shot Ms Clay in the head, as a result killing her, and that Mr Lynn killed Mr Hill," he told the jury.
"These events are alleged to have occurred on 20 March, 2020."

Is the wording a bit strange? The method of how the accused allegedly killed Carol is spelled out, but the method for Russell isn’t. Does that maybe mean Carols death is an easier sell, but Russell’s is more ambiguous?

Is the wording a bit strange? The method of how the accused allegedly killed Carol is spelled out, but the method for Russell isn’t. Does that maybe mean Carols death is an easier sell, but Russell’s is more ambiguous?
I was about to post the same line but my thinking went to emotional appeal to the jury by putting her first

Because most have speculated that it was allegedly an argument and death of Hill that allegedly created the need for Clay to die

By putting Clay 1st the Prosecution wants to create an impact imo

I was about to post the same line but my thinking went to emotional appeal to the jury by putting her first

Because most have speculated that it was allegedly an argument and death of Hill that allegedly created the need for Clay to die

??

Be prepared for a lot of pathologocal and ballistic evidence being given.

From memory, that skull fragment was found some distance (20 or 30 metres away?) from the tent.

Where the did skull fragment came from; front. back and whether a shot gun would cause the damage at that range?

Was she running towards the alleged argument or running away?

Prove beyond reasonable doubt she was running away and it tend to negate the assailant's claim that she was shot as collateral damage from the alleged argument. which may be used to raise concerns in the minds of the jury about whether physical argument actually occured.

I think the Prosecution will be arguing that she was murdered, and attempting to to prove he was murdered, but being acutely aware of the assailants claim of the physical altercation may raise reasonable doubt as to whether he was murdered or shot in self defence

The Jury has been selected. Prepare for squirmy evidence apparently. Be impartial. A good mix of people with 3 women selected. Here we go..!

Close to 4 years to the day since this thread was started.

I hope we get a lot of answers to the many questions that were asked over that time period.

Here we go!

Last edited:
Be prepared for a lot of pathologocal and ballistic evidence being given.

From memory, that skull fragment was found some distance (20 or 30 metres away?) from the tent.

Where the did skull fragment came from; front. back and whether a shot gun would cause the damage at that range?

Was she running towards the alleged argument or running away?

Prove beyond reasonable doubt she was running away and it tend to negate the assailant's claim that she was shot as collateral damage from the alleged argument. which may be used to raise concerns in the minds of the jury about whether physical argument actually occured.

I think the Prosecution will be arguing that she was murdered, and attempting to to prove he was murdered, but being acutely aware of the assailants claim of the physical altercation may raise reasonable doubt as to whether he was murdered or shot in self defence
Finally we will find out what the Crown alledges happened and what the Defence says in the opening address today.

It is no surprise that it is reported this way Irma:
With a piece of C's skull at the scene of the murder, a vital piece of evidence that proves that she died there at the campsite. There is no physical evidence at the site of R's death that we currently know.

GrayRanga if you remember previously there was evidence at the commital that C was 'possibly kneeling or bending down beside the passanger side of the vehicle' (Missing side mirror).
I'm of the belief that we will be told exactly from where in the skull the fragment comes from and the angle of penetration but that will be in the body of evidence and not the opening address.

After four years of patiently waiting, we will start to have some hard answers to the questions of how this tragic double murder came about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh oh ...

But the jury was brought back into the courtroom and told they would be discharged for "technical reasons" shortly after the trial resumed on Friday morning.

"It's my melancholy duty to explain to you that you've now been discharged as a jury," Justice Michael Croucher told them.

"I won't go into the details as to why.

"I've taken the view in consultation with the parties that it's appropriate you be discharged and a new jury be empanelled."

Justice Croucher said:

I don’t want to embarrass anyone and it’s nobody’s fault.

I’m sorry if that doesn’t give you much information, but that’s all I’m going to tell you.

Thank you for putting your hands up for jury service, and for being willing to undertake this vital solemn and important role in the justice system, but it won’t be in this case.

Guardian Live

Those who followed the case and this thread will know it appears she may have been near passenger door and left hand drivers mirror. Their bones were found at the burial site away from the campsite. It was said she was shot and Russell stabbed or something along those lines. My theory was Russell was flying the drone earlier and this triggered an argument. Russell would not have stood down and Lynn approached the campsite with a loaded shotgun.

Those who followed the case and this thread will know it appears she may have been near passenger door and left hand drivers mirror. Their bones were found at the burial site away from the campsite. It was said she was shot and Russell stabbed or something along those lines. My theory was Russell was flying the drone earlier and this triggered an argument. Russell would not have stood down and Lynn approached the campsite with a loaded shotgun.
Let's wait and hear what really happened eh?

I'm not sure how Carol's skull ended up 20m+ away from their campsite, especially if that missing mirror was a part of it all, being knocked off in a scuffle or bullet damaged, it's on the inside of the campsite in a tight space.

I'm not sure how Carol's skull ended up 20m away from their campsite, especially if that missing mirror was a part of it all, being knocked off in a scuffle or bullet damaged, it's on the inside of the campsite in a tight space.
I don't think it's unrealistic that a high calibre rifle shot can kill someone and still cause damage 20mtrs away.

Must have been something like that. Were the bodies inside at that stage? Weren't they found to have been burnt?

Or Lynn was in the tent potentially leaving his DNA in it imo, rummaging around looking for anything that might have taken an image of him. Phones, drone, cameras etc.

He may have missed the phone in Russell's pocket, which could have been a spare.

Back