Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
Lynn took anything capable of taking images that could prove he was even there.
The part of this that doesn't fit for me is that he'd already had face to face interactions with people in the valley (weed sprayers) that could place him there - they were the ones who recommended the campsite. The drone footage would have just sealed the deal if it were about identifying him. All easy to say in hindsight and of course without the alleged weight of 2 deaths on your conscience.

The part of this that doesn't fit for me is that he'd already had face to face interactions with people in the valley (weed sprayers) that could place him there - they were the ones who recommended the campsite. The drone footage would have just sealed the deal if it were about identifying him. All easy to say in hindsight and of course without the alleged weight of 2 deaths on your conscience.

Would the weed sprayers have known how long he was there for?

Lynn says Hill hated guns because a relative or friend was killed by a hunter.

So Hill, who is concerned about gun safety, decides to go to a strangers vehicle and remove a gun and take the gun back to his campsite.

Just that alone makes no sense.

A man who hates guns, in the dark, handled someone else's gun like it was his own and shot in to the air.

A shotgun, with a heap of jolt.

Would the weed sprayers have known how long he was there for?
Possibly not - they reported being camped about 3kms away on 20th. But I reckon you'd still be thinking someone knew you were in the valley

So Hill, who is concerned about gun safety, decides to go to a strangers vehicle and remove a gun and take the gun back to his campsite.

And don’t get me started on the bullets ricocheting off car mirrors and cleanly entering Carols head killing her instantly and then a knife fight with Russell falling onto the knife and also dying. Like an old western.

I mean COME ON.

Oh, and then instead of contacting police you remove money, ID, burn the campsite down. You don’t just dump the bodies, you burn them and then smash the remaining bones into smithereens.

That is not consistent with a good bloke who accidentally killed two people and made a series of bad decisions. That’s a psycho.

Mr Lynn should just admit he allowed his anger to get the better of him.
Falling onto his own knife and dying instantly mind you. No chance to render first aid before he bleeds out, call for help? Golly gosh what a mess Mr Lynn seems to have found himself in. Obvious reaction is to spring into a spontaneous but intricate cover up. No red flags here 🤷🏽‍♀

So what is the relevance of him hunting at night then, if not having been caught by the drone? I'm not sure I follow your thinking.
My issue with GL taking the drone because it contained footage is that drones don't typically hold footage physically. They are usually controlled by a phone app and footage is recorded on that. There's only two scenarios I can think of for the drone allegedly being taken/destroyed - GL doesn't know footage isn't contained on the drone (which I don't buy) or it was the reason for the altercation and was damaged in course of the night.

I'd be interested to know if Hill's drone had it's own memory card.

It's my understanding that many of them do and without a connection where he was in the valley, if his drone didn't have it's own storage, what would be the point of sending it up?

Or Lynn may have assumed it had it's own storage.

I should say, I don't know a lot about drones.

GL "Ahh! Your Honour it was the carotid artery !! "

Unfortunately, it can indeed happen:

(Handy timing for GL): Evidence of falling on a knife just 2 months ago in Perth WA (This is indeed tragic)

Liam Trimmer, 29, was surrounded by friends and family at his engagement party in Western Australia on Sunday when he fell, cutting the carotid artery in his neck and bleeding out.

Just spitballing but, maybe he came back to camp at around 8 after hunting (30 mins after dark allowable) to find RH/CC camped close by. If he left at around midnight as the witnesses have reported they heard the car leaving, that would account for 4 hours?
The legislation relevant to travelling in Deer Hunting areas in Victoria state:

Hunters travelling in vehicles between 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise in recognised deer habitat can be in possession of a firearm and spotlight as long as:

The firearm is unloaded and stored in a securely fastened case or container (e.g. gun bag or gun case) that is stowed in the boot or storage area of a sedan, dual cab, or wagon and is not readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle.

• For utes or single cabs, the firearm is unloaded and stored in a securely fastened case or container and stowed in a part of the vehicle not readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle. The best approach here is to fit a lockable steel box to the tray and store the firearm in there.
  • Any ammunition is stored separately and is in a part of the vehicle not readily accessible. A glove box cannot be used to store ammunition in recognised deer habitat
Now, I assume thet Hill, being a Bushy would be familiar with firearms, gets the gun out of the locked box, finds the ammunition, loads 5 shells into an unfamiliar weapon?

Or Lynn, despite a experienced hunter and beinga member of gun clubs leaves a loaded shot gun in plain view of people that he may have had a tense interaction with previously? He ignores fireams legislation and Best practice?

I'd be interested to know if Hill's drone had it's own memory card.

It's my understanding that many of them do and without a connection where he was in the valley, if his drone didn't have it's own storage, what would be the point of sending it up?

Or Lynn may have assumed it had it's own storage.

I should say, I don't know a lot about drones.
The drone that RH had (just went back and looked at the pic of him with it) appears to have a handheld controller that includes a screen and may have an SD card in it. Some I believe are phone app controlled and the footage saved on that.
So that means it's both the drone itself, along with the controller that are missing.

I think from memory last light would have been around 8pm, if sunset was around 7.40pm. Hill had finished his radio chat saying he was going to fly his drone have dinner etc. And yes I doubt it would be flying at night. Lynn claimed Hill stole his gun and fired it in the air. Could this really be Lynn shot Hill's drone down? Shot 1 etc? Does he shoot it down with a shotgun best chance of getting it that way? And then off we go with the confrontation

Where are we getting the sunset time from? I've got it at around 6.30pm, not sure of absolute last light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And don’t get me started on the bullets ricocheting off car mirrors and cleanly entering Carols head killing her instantly and then a knife fight with Russell falling onto the knife and also dying. Like an old western.

I mean COME ON.

Oh, and then instead of contacting police you remove money, ID, burn the campsite down. You don’t just dump the bodies, you burn them and then smash the remaining bones into smithereens.

That is not consistent with a good bloke who accidentally killed two people and made a series of bad decisions. That’s a psycho.

Mr Lynn should just admit he allowed his anger to get the better of him.
I recon the drone had footage of Lynn’s illegal activities.

Could have been of Lynn decapitating deers or using his weapon in some sort of illegal way. Hill being so close to Lynn shooting animals probably approached Lynn and might have said I got you on drone footage and am going to report you for what you’re doing etc This would have triggered Lynn as it may have resulted in him losing his pilot licence and or going to jail.

Lynn would have went back to his own camp and calculated. He knew what could happen to him may be devastating so he thought why not get rid of them? Lynn is furious and comes back to Hill & Clay’s camp silently approaches them sitting around the campfire in the dark. Lynn shoots Hill then chases after Clay shooting her point blank in the side of the head.

Lynn decides to burn the crime scene and take the bodies away removing almost all the evidence of what truly happened. He gets rid of the drone and burns the bodies far away tells you he thought it through quite well. Only thing he didn’t think of was getting caught and having to tell the story.

IMO

When Ansett collapsed two years later in 2001 Lynn moved to Qatar, where he became a lead pilot. He returned to Australia in 2007 to work with Jetstar, where he was promoted to a check and training captain to examine fellow pilots on new planes, with a salary of about $280,000.

That's a very nice salary back then to watch people work.

Have the prosecution tabled all their evidence now? or could they have a bombshell piece?
They had to do that before going to trial. The accused has a right to see all evidence which will be presented. It's not like in the movies where they present some surprise witness at the last minute. It's a completely transparent process.

GL "Ahh! Your Honour it was the carotid artery !! "

Unfortunately, it can indeed happen:

(Handy timing for GL): Evidence of falling on a knife just 2 months ago in Perth WA (This is indeed tragic)

Liam Trimmer, 29, was surrounded by friends and family at his engagement party in Western Australia on Sunday when he fell, cutting the carotid artery in his neck and bleeding out.
What a shame there were no witnesses nor any evidence that would have proved Mr Lynn’s recollection of the scuffle and cleared him of any wrongdoing. It’s almost as if someone didn’t want any evidence left to prove what went down in case it didn’t match Mr Lynn’s carefully crafted recollection!

Have the prosecution tabled all their evidence now? or could they have a bombshell piece?

My understanding is all evidence was agreed at pre trial hearings. The DPP did appeal about the finding of one of those hearings which I can't seemed to find the result of.

It sounds like both the prosecution and defense agree on GL's actions post deaths of RH/CC.

Back