Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
We don't know for sure what triggered the confrontation, we only have the story told by a liar, but the drone was Hill's and Lynn destroyed it.

Not a huge leap to see how a disagreement kicks off. Argument about Lynn’s hunting, RH says he has footage or will take footage, Lynn points out it’s illegal to fly drones in national parks and escalates from there with some tit for tat.

That could all be true. And it could also be true that the accused double murderer was known to get in altercations with people who flew drones over the oval right next to his (former) residence...

We don't know for sure what triggered the confrontation, we only have the story told by a liar, but the drone was Hill's and Lynn destroyed it.
Lynn not only destroyed the drone, he took their phones, keys, knife, side mirror and burnt them and their entire campsite. Imagine the poor forensics fella that had to make a list of all the items Lynn has burnt or discarded…rumour has it the list is still growing.

IMO

That could all be true. And it could also be true that the accused double murderer was known to get in altercations with people who flew drones over the oval right next to his (former) residence...

Did it interfere with his beekeeping?

Lynn not only destroyed the drone, he took their phones, keys, knife, side mirror and burnt them and their entire campsite. Imagine the poor forensics fella that had to make a list of all the items Lynn has burnt or discarded…rumour has it the list is still growing.

IMO

Might have missed this but has it been reported that GL destroyed the drone or that it’s just missing with the other items?

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and it has taken me 4 days to get to page 185.... I have a long way to go yet, but I don't want to miss a thing so I can't skip forward. Amazing posts, some incredible ideas and puzzle solving skills.... have got me hooked to this thread. I'm curious as to why would GL would take RH's car keys? What would be the point? Has this been covered?
He took a lot of stuff that wasn’t burnable, phones, drones, leather boots and probably keys. They’re all at the bottom of a river somewhere. IMO

He took a lot of stuff that wasn’t burnable, phones, drones, leather boots and probably keys. They’re all at the bottom of a river somewhere. IMO
If he led to the bodies why not them? Incriminating evidence?
Whole thing is just strange.
Relevant to world standards Victoria is a massive state with plenty of rural areas. A lot of weird stuff seems to go down

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and it has taken me 4 days to get to page 185.... I have a long way to go yet, but I don't want to miss a thing so I can't skip forward. Amazing posts, some incredible ideas and puzzle solving skills.... have got me hooked to this thread. I'm curious as to why would GL would take RH's car keys? What would be the point? Has this been covered?

One theory I read was he did this to make it look like there was a possible robbery of the couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort. If you read everything it's a great way to gain some form of perspective to draw your own conclusions especially leading up to the trial as we speak

It's the behaviour of a killer who doesn't know his victims phone is somewhere in the car or the trailer.
I'm entertaining the idea that GL did not know about RH's second phone which was in all likelihood in his pocket. Not taking away any 'smarts' from GL, but having found 2 mobile phones even a highly intelligent person in a hurry to cover up a crime scene would be satisfied that he had taken all the phones. He wouldn't be wasting time looking for more mobile phones, when he already found two. Just feels right to me that GL didn't have a clue about RH's 2nd mobile phone. Does that feel right to everyone else?

One theory I read was he did this to make it look like there was a possible robbery of the couple.
I don't understand why he would lock the car if that was the case. Surely if he wanted it to look like a robbery, he would welcome other campers finding the site and possibly going through the car and leaving their finger prints everywhere, thus contaminating the site. Maybe he would have even left the car door open? Why lock it and take the keys? I don't think thieves would lock the doors when they leave??? Just doesn't feel right. There has to be a reason he did this.

I believe he confessed that he had incinerated the drone.
So all the talk about the drone is solely from GL's version of events and nobody else saw RH operating a drone to verify it, is that correct?
Is that because we are made to think why would he lie about something like that?

While we are all here, how’s Button Man doing?
Holy shit I had ano idea this is legit. We camp in the high country a lot and one mate mentions this guy. I just assumed he was talking shit as nobody else has ever mentioned to me and being where we are I can't google at the time. Then I forget by the time I've got home. Just read an encounter on reddit. How terrifying.

So all the talk about the drone is solely from GL's version of events and nobody else saw RH operating a drone to verify it, is that correct?
Is that because we are made to think why would he lie about something like that?
Nobody but Lynn and the weed sprayers saw the drone but off course not with a picture of Hill holding it. But here's one for the sake of it. It was his new toy called Fred.

Attachments

• Fred.jpg
    Fred.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 31
I don't understand why he would lock the car if that was the case. Surely if he wanted it to look like a robbery, he would welcome other campers finding the site and possibly going through the car and leaving their finger prints everywhere, thus contaminating the site. Maybe he would have even left the car door open? Why lock it and take the keys? I don't think thieves would lock the doors when they leave??? Just doesn't feel right. There has to be a reason he did this.

Good point. That part does seem bizarre. Just a thought, maybe a passerby checked out the site and decided to lock the car themselves. Did GL state he locked the vehicle?

Holy s**t I had ano idea this is legit. We camp in the high country a lot and one mate mentions this guy. I just assumed he was talking s**t as nobody else has ever mentioned to me and being where we are I can't google at the time. Then I forget by the time I've got home. Just read an encounter on reddit. How terrifying.
If you get a chance watch a bit of the High Country it's sort of a take off the all the incidents up there and there is an actor playing the button man but meantime

Holy s**t I had ano idea this is legit. We camp in the high country a lot and one mate mentions this guy. I just assumed he was talking s**t as nobody else has ever mentioned to me and being where we are I can't google at the time. Then I forget by the time I've got home. Just read an encounter on reddit. How terrifying.
The guy just want's to be left alone. He doesn't harm people just wants to know what they're doing in his patch and who they are. Then he keeps to himself.

Personally, I love Button Man. The older I get, the more I interact with people, the more I envy his lifestyle.

Except every time I type or read Button Man, I get the Muffin Man song stuck in my head.

Anyone at the trial today?

Back