Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
I doubt a single slug from a shotgun would only shatter a mirror, it would blow it to pieces. No damage on the car from shards of glass. Clays dna 20m away is probably from her body being moved to the trailer.

You think he dragged Clay 20m dropping pieces of her skull, to get her in to the trailer? And then Hill?

Completely irrational.

Pieces of Clay's skull were found 20m away.

None of Hill's bones or matter was found ergo, he probably did die by knife because we know the mess the shotgun made at the campsite and beyond, up to 20m away.
The knife is a fictional item. It doesn’t exist. Hill’s campsite along with chairs, tables, tent etc was burnt because it contained dna evidence (blood splatter). The fire which burnt the campsite is significantly large which is directly because of Hill being shot there. Hill was most likely shot in the torso not head, hence why no significant bone fragments only blood. Any evidence of dna was completely incinerated.

The shot may have skimmed the frame and it's flown off a flimsy kind of hinge.
Yeah, I deleted that comment. Although those pieces aren't the directly impacted pieces, they could still have fallen off after the mirror cracked from being hit, with the directly impacted shards being elsewhere. They are unlikely to be created by a projectile hitting the hinge or frame (although it's not impossible).

The knife is a fictional item. It doesn’t exist. Hill’s campsite along with chairs, tables, tent etc was burnt because it contained dna evidence (blood splatter). The fire which burnt the campsite is significantly large which is directly because of Hill being shot there. Hill was most likely shot in the torso not head, hence why no significant bone fragments only blood. Any evidence of dna was completely incinerated.
Very possible IMO.

If a knife wasn't used and Hill was shot, Lynn wouldn't know if the cops might find evidence of it as they did with Clay, and his story blows up.

The prosecution hasn't even gone anywhere near to stating they know how Hill died, they have explicitly said that they don't.

You think he dragged Clay 20m dropping pieces of her skull, to get her in to the trailer? And then Hill?

Completely irrational.
Do you think pieces of someone’s head is easily moved in the dark after it’s been blown apart?

Do you think that someone can be handled without dropping a single drop of blood after this?

What about Hill?

Completely irrational right back at ya

If a knife wasn't used and Hill was shot, Lynn wouldn't know if the cops might find evidence of it as they did with Clay, and his story blows up.

The prosecution hasn't even gone anywhere near to stating they know how Hill died, they have explicitly said that they don't. Yet you do?
None of us know but why would Hill rush Lynne with a knife? And why would Lynne stab him when he's got a gun (that he's used on Clay)? And where's the knife blade now?

I don't read much into the prosecution not guessing (publicly) how Hill has died. Can only open them up to mistakes being identified by the defence and doubt sown. Much easier for us to guess and with no repercussions!

None of us know but why would Hill rush Lynne with a knife? And why would Lynne stab him when he's got a gun (that he's used on Clay)? And where's the knife blade now?
Exactly.

1. Where’s the knife?
2. Where’s the spot that Lynn died?
3. Where’s the evidence that Lynn died by a single stab wound at Lynn’s campsite. No blood, dna or burnt ground.
4. Why didn’t Lynn shoot Hill who was attacking him with a knife?
5. Why did Lynn walk away after Clay was blown away?
6. Why didn’t Hill radio or call for back up?
7. Why didn’t Lynn sustain any injury from defending against a knife attack?

Moral of the story, there was no knife. Hill was shot dead.

IMO

Do you think pieces of someone’s head is easily moved in the dark after it’s been blown apart?

Do you think that someone can be handled without dropping a single drop of blood after this?

What about Hill?

Completely irrational right back at ya

I just think Lynn's a bit smarter than to be dragging bodies 20m to put them in to a trailer when he can drive it down to where the bodies are. He could probably pull up almost right next to them.

I just think Lynn's a bit smarter than to be dragging bodies 20m to put them in to a trailer when he can drive it down to where the bodies are. He could probably pull up almost right next to them.
Who knows maybe he didn’t want to leave his tyre marks at Hill’s campsite. I don’t agree that Lynn is smart. Opportunistic yes but not smart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Lynn's evidence, the remaining shots were fired from the gun and it was empty, which means that there was no immediate threat to Hill from the gun.

We don't know that Hill rushed Lynn with a knife, that's just what he said. Lynn might have killed Hill with one of his own knives because .. Lynn's guns were in the car at that point??

Or he killed Lynn with a knife because it's silent if that really does indicate premeditated murder, then he went after Clay.

Exactly.

1. Where’s the knife?
2. Where’s the spot that Lynn died?
3. Where’s the evidence that Lynn died by a single stab wound at Lynn’s campsite. No blood, dna or burnt ground.
4. Why didn’t Lynn shoot Hill who was attacking him with a knife?
5. Why did Lynn walk away after Clay was blown away?
6. Why didn’t Hill radio or call for back up?
7. Why didn’t Lynn sustain any injury from defending against a knife attack?

Moral of the story, there was no knife. Hill was shot dead.

IMO
2. Lynn didn't die, Hill and Clay died.

Valid supposition, but your again relying on Lynn's time frame, which to my mind is a bit dodgy

Lynn has had months since the photo of the car was shown on TV and the initial police interview to rehearse his story.

I think the part of the altercation about shooting too close and the comments about the relative being shot (if in his ROI(?)) are probably correct.

Turning up his radio as punishment fom the altercation is probably correct, he wouldn't know what evidence the police may have had of what people may have heard.

But we have a petty little man, still smarting about his non. fight altercation with Hill, who beleves that Hill's drone still contains evidence of his shooting which may impact his two loves of his life, flying and hunting.

You don't go down in the light of a almost full moon (i haven't checked; going from a previous post) to rummage a camp site for the drone

I think the killings occured when it was still light which completely changes his time line and puts his ROI into doubt.

The bra wires are possibly immaterial; I know a number of women (or so I've been told), who the first thing they do
when they walk in the front door is to remove their bra. Of course, Hill may have removed it earlier
You don't think it's possible that Lynn had googled the Heck out of both their names afterwards and come across that story? He could have done this at a public library or work even to hide the history. I'm sure GL would have been following all news about the search etc.
As for bras I don't think C was of the generation that would do this and of course she wasn't home and was with her 'boyfriend' probably always wanting to make a 'good' impression. Her generation often slept in their bras too. IMO

Last edited:
Is there any evidence or version of events that indicate RH died anywhere other than his own campsite?

I haven't been able to find anything that specifically says otherwise. All that I've heard is CC was shot at the campsite after a tussle, GL then fired the gun while RH got a knife. No mention of any movements.

Couple of things here... Police went to see GL in July 2020 - they had the photo then, and his phone records from the towers. Given he hadn't even responded to the appeal for information he must have known they were onto him much earlier than you suggest, giving even more time to perfect his story.

I believe it was close to a new moon, so there'd be little to mo moonlight. However I am of the same opinion as you, i think the deaths happened earlier than stated. I've seen reports of 9,10 and 11 of which only 9 gives time to do what he did IMO.

OK three things... I thought the same of the bra in the tent debris. Along with the button from the jeans. We know they weren't in the tent when he lit it and I sure as sh*t don't think for one minute he stopped to undress them. I also think it's highly u likely they died in the tent.

He will have stuck as closely as possible to the truth IMO so it's likely things happened somewhat close to what he had stated but I doubt his timing and his reasoning.
Moon rise on 20 March 2020 for Melbourne was 3:03 am and moon set was 5:44 pm and a waning moon. Illumination of the moon face was 17%.

I know the Lattitude, Longitude and elevation of the Valley is different to Melbourne, but for all intents and purposes, it was still pitch black after last light of the setting sun

Hill, not a hunter and without the accoutrements of a hunter (night vision goggles), crept up to Lynn's vehicle in total darkness, selected the shotty, found the ammunition, and despite having minimal firearms experience, loaded a shot gun with at least 5 round capacity with 3 rounds and turned the safety off in the dark and crept back to his campsite?

I know that on a moonless nights in the High Country it seems you can touch the stars, but, come on

We don't know that Hill rushed Lynn with a knife, that's just what he said. Lynn might have killed Hill with one of his own knives because .. Lynn's guns were in the car at that point??

Or he killed Lynn with a knife because it's silent if that really does indicate premeditated murder, then he went after Clay.
Not impossible but increasingly improbable. He's not SAS - it's hard to kill somebody with a knife and the risk of injury to the attacker is high. He had guns, he's violent and ruthless, and two people are dead - the most probable and logical conclusion is that he shot both of them IMO.

Must be tedious at the moment. Does the court know who they’re calling tomorrow?
The prosecution will advise the judge of witnesses in the days ahead. Contentious witnesses
That Russell may have had a second sly phone he used to communicate with Carol and that Lynn may have missed, was speculation. It isn't confirmed.
A phone was found in behind the centre console of the Ute.

You don't think it's possible that Lynn had googled the Heck out of both their names aterwards and come across that story? He could have done this at a public library or work even to hide the history. I'm sure GL would have been following all news about the search etc.
As for bras I don't think C was of the generation that would do this and of course she wasn't home and was with her 'boyfriend' probably always wanting to make a 'good' impression. Her generation often slept in their bras too. IMO

This isn't publicly available information. The tragedy happened in the 90s and with a last name like Hill it is hardly easy to link it to RH.

GL & RH must have had a conversation about the tragedy, I see no other feasible way of GL obtaining this information.

Not impossible but increasingly improbable. He's not SAS - it's hard to kill somebody with a knife and the risk of injury to the attacker is high. He had guns, he's violent and ruthless, and two people are dead - the most probable and logical conclusion is that he shot both of them IMO.

Yes it is logical he probably shot them both but you just said he was violent and ruthless, why not use a knife? There's no evidence Hill was shot, zip, none.

If murderous intent is to be proved on shooting Clay, he didn't shoot straight through that mirror. If anything, his bullet skimmed the frame. imo. Still a good if God awful shot on a moving target and he got her square in the head.

Is there any evidence or version of events that indicate RH died anywhere other than his own campsite?

I haven't been able to find anything that specifically says otherwise. All that I've heard is CC was shot at the campsite after a tussle, GL then fired the gun while RH got a knife. No mention of any movements.

There seems to be no DNA evidence yet hat supports RH dying at his own campsite while there is DNA evidence to suggest CC was killed in or near RH's vehicle by a shotgun (part of her skull found, blood/fat DNA deposits found under the canopy of the vehicle)

Last edited:
If murderous intent is to be proved on shooting Clay, he didn't shoot straight through that mirror.
How do you know this? I have not caught the evidence that shows how the mirror is involved.

Yes it is logical he probably shot them both but you just said he was violent and ruthless, why not use a knife?
It's technically and physically challenging (Lynne doesn't look like the most athletic guy in the world), and risk of harm to the attacker is high.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back