Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
Phones, keys and burning of the drone along the Rose River Rd (which I drove yesterday coincidentally). It was reported he took the police there to show them the spot.
View attachment 2002615

Ok thanks. I’m not sure how the phone issue is unfolding. Maybe he just ****ed up under the stress and lack of sleep that he left RH’s phone functioning.

IMO the trailer is just as important as the gun for forensic info for the prosecution.
And I would have thought the knife would be a vital exhibit for the defence.
My thinking too. So much he’s destroyed, tinkered with, to cover the ‘accidental deaths’ when just one exhibit - even stashed away - might vindicate the story. Wouldn’t an innocent person think twice about tossing away those lifelines? IMO

Phones, keys and burning of the drone along the Rose River Rd (which I drove yesterday coincidentally). It was reported he took the police there to show them the spot.
View attachment 2002615
Where’s the knife? He can’t say he burnt the knife now so where the hell did he put it? If he burned the drone there would still be evidence that it was burnt such as screws burnt plastic etc No drone, keys or knife. Lynn is full of bs!

IMO

It doesn't make any difference because it didn't happen, but how come GL was making so much noise I think it was when he was doing his 4 point turn at the locked gate that someone who heard him from their tent didn't wander over to see if he wanted a hand and happened to glance into his trailer.
I wonder how that would have affected GL's version of events.

If that was the case, I think there could well have been an additional body in the back of that trailer shortly after

No, they can't see any knife marks.
I know that they have not been able to find any but that was not your question, it was "How would you determine whether somebody has been stabbed or shot using a pile of incinerated bone fragments?"... the link explains how they can forensically determine knife marks, even after being exposed to extreme heat.

Does the red spot denote GL camp & and the white, the forensic operation of the RH/CC site?

If that is true, and if GL did (allegedly) approach from the right/front side of RH vehicle and took shot from there it would definitely seem a more calculated scene.
Yes, red GL and white RH/CC. I don't think it indicates anything other than RHs car was between their camp and his

I know that they have not been able to find any but that was not your question, it was "How would you determine whether somebody has been stabbed or shot using a pile of incinerated bone fragments?"... the link explains how they can forensically determine knife marks, even after being exposed to extreme heat.

Moot point. The expert said they can’t determine the cause of death. No?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moot point. The expert said they can’t determine the cause of death. No?
I don't think it is moot...It speaks to how closely, if he is guilty, he would need to stick to the manner in which they died for his story to be plausible.
The original quote was in reference to a discussion on how risky it would be for GL to say it was a gunshot and risk that there was evidence that suggested a knife that he wasn't aware of. The question was posed as to how it could be determined that it was a knife as opposed to a bullet or something else that killed RH, hence the ability to potentially identify knife marks even after heat exposure. We might know now that there are no knife marks, but he wouldn't have when he was interviewed.
Edit: Original post

There are some seriously wild theories now being spouted.
I get truth is stranger than fiction but you've got to look at what is being said.
He admits to being at the scene.
He admits to disposing of the remains
He's even given an alternate explanation

All this stuff about affairs dick.pills pilot training are irrelevant.
What matters is what can be proven
IMO a huge admission today was no discernible cause of death could be determined. Not even the fact CCs skull was all over the place could a reasonable inference made she was shot.
That handed momentum to the defence.

Once someone mentioned a theory that Lynn and Hill had already known each other and that Lynn was paid off to kill Hill I knew this thread was going to become a bit messy to read.

Some pages in the last week have been hard to read but you are correct, what only gets mentioned in the trial is the only thing that matters in front of a jury.

I'm thankful there is a podcast that updates what happens in the trial so I can keep on track and like others I really appreciate the input from highcountry

I don't think it is moot...It speaks to how closely, if he is guilty, he would need to stick to the manner in which they died for his story to be plausible.
The original quote was in reference to a discussion on how risky it would be for GL to say it was a gunshot and risk that there was evidence that suggested a knife that he wasn't aware of. The question was posed as to how it could be determined that it was a knife as opposed to a bullet or something else that killed RH, hence the ability to potentially identify knife marks even after heat exposure. We might know now that there are no knife marks, but he wouldn't have when he was interviewed.
The question is whether or not Lynn would take a risk of lying. To answer this do we believe Lynn to be a risk taker? I think there are a couple of examples. By his version:
1. Leaving guns and ammunition unattended in a vehicle. Risky.
2. Approaching someone who has a loaded gun. Risky.
3. Fighting someone attacking you with a knife. Risky.
4. Burning a campsite after two dead. Risky.
5. Stealing property from deceased. Risky.
6. Loading your trailer with deceased. Risky.
7. Travelling with a trailer containing deceased. Risky.
8. Offloading and burning deceased. Risky.
9. Coming back to burn deceased again and again. Risky.

By Lynn’s actions he is a risk taker who is capable of lying and shooting both Hill and Clay.

Once someone mentioned a theory that Lynn and Hill had already known each other and that Lynn was paid off to kill Hill I knew this thread was going to become a bit messy to read.

Some pages in the last week have been hard to read but you are correct, what only gets mentioned in the trial is the only thing that matters in front of a jury.

I'm thankful there is a podcast that updates what happens in the trial so I can keep on track and like others I really appreciate the input from highcountry
Yep, the thread us a tough read, idle minds- devils playground stuff….podcast is great listening

That's all hypothetical. No evidence of stabbing was found. The bones were so fragmented and burned that they can't determine cause of death. That's what I was getting at. So it's unlikely IMO the victim was accidentally stabbed and then Lynn took great effort and considerable lengths to obfuscate the cause of death. Hence he was most likely shot.

That's all hypothetical. No evidence of stabbing was found. The bones were so fragmented and burned that they can't determine cause of death. That's what I was getting at. So it's unlikely IMO the victim was accidentally stabbed and then Lynn took great effort and considerable lengths to obfuscate the cause of death. Hence he was most likely shot.

Deliberately stabbed, with murderous intent.

That Lynn's story requires Hill to storm him with a knife while he's holding a gun is the most stupid element of all. I'm unfortunate enough to have had a gun pointed in my face. The last thing I thought to do was attack the guy. It wasn't like a movie.

Hill didn't storm him with a knife because Clay was accidentally shot, the prosecution doesn't buy that story either because their case against is that Hill died first.

Yep, the thread us a tough read, idle minds- devils playground stuff….podcast is great listening

So that if someone ever found the bones they'd never be able to identify them?
The bodies had a tale to tell IMO. He’d watched too many murder movies where they have a flashback and return to check just in case. Plus ‘ overhead lockers!’ Check! Part of his DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back