Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like that Rahm gets leaders luck.
Looks to make a similar marking error to Lexi Thompson but inexplicably escapes a 2 stroke penalty.
Marked his ball to the side but replaced it in front.

I don't want to get into another discussion over this...but my god, do these professionals understand how to properly set their ball back in place? I watched that and it is simply inexplicable. Rahm's explanation afterward was absurd at best.

Should have been penalized and the ridiculous magical logic excuse making used by the European Rules Official was as comical as watching Trump try to lie.

It was patently clear he just didn't want to enforce the rule.

This guy with the early lead:

145956825_gilligans-island-photo-29-bob-denver-jim-backus-golf-.jpg

Thurston_Howell%2C_III.jpg

interesting changes in the ladies game

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-****-shaming-over-new-womens-golf-dress-code

Surprised to see no comments in here regarding Dechambeau's win given his controversial setup and style.

Guys do so love their anchoring don't they.

His putting swing isn't too bad judging by the reaction of his playing partner. :hearteyes:

I think that style was barred heading into this year, partner notwithstanding ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took me 5 minutes to find Rory on the leaderboard this morning. I went to sleep after seeing him +5 through 9 holes. Impressive effort to bounce back with 4 birdies in the back 9 to finish on +1. Looked absolutely lost out there early on.

All the aussies had terrible 2nd rounds. Adam scott the only 1 who could make the cut. Seems like jason day in particular is in a barren run of form. Would have thought this is always the tournament the aussies do well in but just not in the form they need to be to challenge this week.

How about all those Aussies who would have thought they were going home early only for the cut to fall to +5. I didn't actually see it yesterday but looking at Day's scorecard and last 3 holes go bogey, double bogey, bogey. Probably almost embarrassed to tee up on Saturday after finishing like that haha.

How about all those Aussies who would have thought they were going home early only for the cut to fall to +5. I didn't actually see it yesterday but looking at Day's scorecard and last 3 holes go bogey, double bogey, bogey. Probably almost embarrassed to tee up on Saturday after finishing like that haha.

He actually went double, bogey, double. Was even with the card after 15, would've been right in the mix if he didn't fall off a cliff in the last three holes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back