Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought Louis Oosthuizen was more deserving of an invite given his willingness to play elsewhere and the results he achieved when he did.

Gooch acts like a scorned, petulant child who has been so hard done by.

I would have thought Louis Oousthuizen was more deserving of an invite given his willingness to play elsewhere and the results he achieved when he did.

Gooch acts like a scorned, petulant child who has been so hard done by.

Agree, didn't know Louis was not in it, he is still a serious top level player.

I was wrong. Louis didn't get an invite. Not sure how they could overlook him when they invite Gooch, Reed, Burmester, Herbert, Meronk and Puig.

But good on the US PGA for looking beyond OWGR.

Apparently he did get an invite abd he has knocked it back because of personal reasons/commitments.

So it turns out a few players on the board(TW, Cantlay and Spieth) didn't want Rory to return to the PAC so now he isn't?

Just when you think these chucklefvcks couldn't make any more mistakes, the hits just keep coming.

As observed on the Shotgun Start, some of the players might have watched one too many episodes of Succession and actually think they are serious people.

So it turns out a few players on the board(TW, Cantlay and Spieth) didn't want Rory to return to the PAC so now he isn't?

Just when you think these chucklefvcks couldn't make any more mistakes, the hits just keep coming.

As observed on the Shotgun Start, some of the players might have watched one too many episodes of Succession and actually think they are serious people.

Maybe Rory has made many of the issues much bigger than they needed to be over the last couple years? No one made the it more acrimonious than Rory. He just never let up on it.
Maybe they are now saying we don't need that anymore.
Maybe as it turns out he wasn't one of those adults in the room he went on about?

Maybe Rory has made many of the issues much bigger than they needed to be over the last couple years? No one made the it more acrimonious than Rory. He just never let up on it.
Maybe they are now saying we don't need that anymore.
Maybe as it turns out he wasn't one of those adults in the room he went on about?
If the scuttlebutt is to be believed, Rory is the one advocating a more global tour, while at least Cantlay and Spieth are not. And alternate view might be useful on the PAC.

And Rory seems to be about the only player who has spent decent time with and has the ear of Yasr?

Anyway, my comment was less about the merit of Rory and more about the botched actions of announcing Rory's return to the PAC to take Webb Simpson's spot, apparently before it was ticked off by the PAC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the scuttlebutt is to be believed, Rory is the one advocating a more global tour, while at least Cantlay and Spieth are not. And alternate view might be useful on the PAC.

And Rory seems to be about the only player who has spent decent time with and has the ear of Yasr?

Anyway, my comment was less about the merit of Rory and more about the botched actions of announcing Rory's return to the PAC to take Webb Simpson's spot, apparently before it was ticked off by the PAC.

I think the one thing that seems pretty clear now that no matter what happens with PIF and the PGA tour, LIV is going nowhere.
I wonder if that is the hold up on the deal? The PGA tour want LIV gone and Yasir is saying his deal with the PGA tour has nothing to do with LIV.
Be nice to be a fly on the wall and have some more knowledge. But it seems a deal with PIF and the PGA tour is not close.

I think the one thing that seems pretty clear now that no matter what happens with PIF and the PGA tour, LIV is going nowhere.
I wonder if that is the hold up on the deal? The PGA tour want LIV gone and Yasir is saying his deal with the PGA tour has nothing to do with LIV.
Be nice to be a fly on the wall and have some more knowledge. But it seems a deal with PIF and the PGA tour is not close.
I agree that a PIF/PGAT deal seems miles away.

And the PGAT's current "product" stinks. Last week a perfect example. Crap field, crap course.

Less confident that LIV is "here to stay". Leaving aside Adelaide, it seems to be going nowhere in terms of gaining an audience. Take a look at Bolingbrook... LIV is in the same position it was in when it began. It will stick around as long as the Saudis are prepared to fund it. And they need to find new players asap.

I agree that a PIF/PGAT deal seems miles away.

And the PGAT's current "product" stinks. Last week a perfect example. Crap field, crap course.

Less confident that LIV is "here to stay". Leaving aside Adelaide, it seems to be going nowhere in terms of gaining an audience. Take a look at Bolingbrook... LIV is in the same position it was in when it began. It will stick around as long as the Saudis are prepared to fund it. And they need to find new players asap.

When the pGA tour looks at it's ratings does it include who is watching the world over? Or is it who is just watching it on their broadcast partners channel? Do they include Aussie viewers totals in their ratings numbers? I watch the PGA tour on Fox sports in Australia, is my viewership part of their numbers?
The reason i ask is because how do they know who is watching LIV around the world? The world is a huge place and there could be millions tuning in to LIV or the pGA tour that we don't know about? Streaming, Apps, etc etc.

I understand that LIV has not taken off in America but it seems that it has outside of America? Maybe? I don't think anyone knows as the numbers can't be counted.

When the pGA tour looks at it's ratings does it include who is watching the world over? Or is it who is just watching it on their broadcast partners channel? Do they include Aussie viewers totals in their ratings numbers? I watch the PGA tour on Fox sports in Australia, is my viewership part of their numbers?
The reason i ask is because how do they know who is watching LIV around the world? The world is a huge place and there could be millions tuning in to LIV or the pGA tour that we don't know about? Streaming, Apps, etc etc.

I understand that LIV has not taken off in America but it seems that it has outside of America? Maybe? I don't think anyone knows as the numbers can't be counted.
LIV's Youtube channel has 347k subscribers worldwide. The Bryan Bros, a couple of "golf youtubers" have 356k. Rick Shiels has 2.5mio.

Millions aint watching LIV.

LIV's Youtube channel has 347k subscribers worldwide. The Bryan Bros, a couple of "golf youtubers" have 356k. Rick Shiels has 2.5mio.

Millions aint watching LIV.

How do we know mate, thats what I am asking? How many watched LIV in Singapore last week on 7 plus? What about on the LIV app?
Do the americans count the worldwide viewers of the PGA tour? do they know what they are? How do they know?

Forget what is better I am asking if you know how they know who is tuning in outside of the USA?

BEN COLEYS TIPS
P. Cantlay
Cam. Young
W. Zalatoris
R. Fowler
K. Bradley

STEVE PALMERS TIPS
R. Mcilroy
M. Homa

LPGA TOUR
A. Thitikul $10 at $15
Alison Lee $5 at $41
N. Hataoka $10 at $26
B.M. Henderson $20 at $17

PGA TOUR {Wells Fargo Championship}
X. Schauffele $30 at $10
Cam Young $10 at $17
C. Morikawa $15 at $19
Ben An $5 at $41
S.W. Kim $5 at $41
C. Bezuidenhout $5 at $51

multi - B.M. Henderson & X. Schauffele $5 to collect $850
outlay $120

How do we know mate, thats what I am asking? How many watched LIV in Singapore last week on 7 plus? What about on the LIV app?
Do the americans count the worldwide viewers of the PGA tour? do they know what they are? How do they know?

Forget what is better I am asking if you know how they know who is tuning in outside of the USA?
If the numbers on the LIV app were any good, Shark would be spruiking them. That's how we know they are crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back