Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched it live. It was horrendous. The rules official basically asked, “are you aiming at the cable?”. Only one answer to give to that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon he could have played his shot a million times and not hit that cable it’s close to cheating imagine if it was Patrick reed 🤷‍♂️

Incredible the amount of relief pro golfers get.
This man made relief rule with pros gives me the shits, it’s not as if the grandstand appeared half way through their backswing. Then they get free relief right in front of it with a simple little chip. Pro golfers bad shots are rarely penalised.

This man made relief rule with pros gives me the shits, it’s not as if the grandstand appeared half way through their backswing. Then they get free relief right in front of it with a simple little chip. Pro golfers bad shots are rarely penalised.

Don’t get me started on when they deliberately backboard.

At T3 before the final round you’d almost think Nelly was a certainty to keep her streak going. That she is 11 shots off the lead makes it less likely.

The problem with bullsh1t like that Xander drop is I am seeing more club golfers continue to push the boundaries. It makes it very awkward when marking a card of someone you don't know well. If you argue the rule with them, it is tantamount to calling them out for cheating, and who wants to put in that position?

The problem with bullsh1t like that Xander drop is I am seeing more club golfers continue to push the boundaries. It makes it very awkward when marking a card of someone you don't know well. If you argue the rule with them, it is tantamount to calling them out for cheating, and who wants to put in that position?
100% happy to call them on it, it's not personal- it's the rules

More than happy to suggest we call the pro shop and ask for a ruling.

Happened with me once saw a bloke drop a ball in the trees when he lost his ball trouble was he dropped a different numbered ball. I called him out that he played a different ball I knew the guy he wasn’t very happy about me anyway I wouldn’t sign his card. It was in the comp never played with him again it was very uncomfortable

Happened with me once saw a bloke drop a ball in the trees when he lost his ball trouble was he dropped a different numbered ball. I called him out that he played a different ball I knew the guy he wasn’t very happy about me anyway I wouldn’t sign his card. It was in the comp never played with him again it was very uncomfortable
There is a legendary story of a certain very prominent Melbourne businessman losing then "finding" his ball, only to have his first ball later discovered. In the hole!

NBC would be more than a little disappointed with Rory's runaway win. They can't get close to an exciting Sunday finish.

Reports coming out(nothing official though) that Scottie has become a father and is playing next week. Suddenly a decent matchup of two players coming in on winning streaks.

NBC would be more than a little disappointed with Rory's runaway win. They can't get close to an exciting Sunday finish.

Reports coming out(nothing official though) that Scottie has become a father and is playing next week. Suddenly a decent matchup of two players coming in on winning streaks.

Scotty, Rory and Brookes would be a good grouping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ominous for the PGA with Rory demolish the field today. Love to see it.
When Rory putts well (his pace) he wins.

When his pace of putt is off his whole game falls to pieces

Xander is just hurting every time he gets in contention

When Rory putts well (his pace) he wins.

When his pace of putt is off his whole game falls to pieces

Xander is just hurting every time he gets in contention

And Rory likes Valhalla…

Xander only needed 3 or 4 more bogus rulings and he might have had a chance. But to be serious, he won’t need much more to win - 8 top 10s in 12 tournaments this season so far is pretty impressive.

This is the thing that binds the golf community together here and outside bigfooty. Whether you're anti LIV, labor or liberal voting, we are all in agreement.

You mean the PGA Tour? They have nothing to do with the Masters and the Masters doesn't need their help?

Just think it was a story to write about to add some excitement going into the tournament.
Absolutely. Drum up interest and more eyeballs

I don't really follow the PGA and PIF stuff too closely but from the running commentary I do see it's staggering how Jay Monaghan is still the PGA Tour commissioner. Must have compromised pictures of Tiger or something.

I don't really follow the PGA and PIF stuff too closely but from the running commentary I do see it's staggering how Jay Monaghan is still the PGA Tour commissioner. Must have compromised pictures of Tiger or something.
It's one of life's great mysteries. Just as mystifying is how much power the playing group seems to be able to exert on the future direction of the PGAT and world golf in general.

These chuckleheads are professional sportsmen, not skilled businessmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back