Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

It is for now - and I wasn't being completely serious - but they are playing a dangerous game at the moment.

TV viewer numbers are down something like 16% this year, major sponsors publicly calling out the current situation and instability at board level. I'd say it's well past time to fix it.

You are talking USA only. More people thanks to LIV are seeing top level pro golf live than ever before.
Golf needs to stop only looking at what the USA is doing. This is why it’s critical a global tour is the top tour in the world. The rest can feed to it.

You are talking USA only. More people thanks to LIV are seeing top level pro golf live than ever before.
Golf needs to stop only looking at what the USA is doing. This is why it’s critical a global tour is the top tour in the world. The rest can feed to it.
Cmon GWS, we have been though this before. Outside of Adelaide, the crowds at LIV tournaments are abysmal. A couple of my brothers went to LIV Vegas and were walking the fairways inside the ropes with Cam Smith. Correction, not inside the ropes, just on the fairways. Because there were no ropes. Because they weren't needed.

There is an argument that PGAT TV viewers has been offset by a similar uptake in watching via other means like apps, etc., but that is cold comfort to the TV money, which funds around 60% of the prize pool.

To me, it is far more likely the end situation is two Tours, the PGAT playing exclusively or nearly exclusively in the States, and the DP World Tour which will become more "worldly" as it takes the PIF/LIV money.

Cmon GWS, we have been though this before. Outside of Adelaide, the crowds at LIV tournaments are abysmal. A couple of my brothers went to LIV Vegas and were walking the fairways inside the ropes with Cam Smith. Correction, not inside the ropes, just on the fairways. Because there were no ropes. Because they weren't needed.

There is an argument that PGAT TV viewers has been offset by a similar uptake in watching via other means like apps, etc., but that is cold comfort to the TV money, which funds around 60% of the prize pool.

To me, it is far more likely the end situation is two Tours, the PGAT playing exclusively or nearly exclusively in the States, and the DP World Tour which will become more "worldly" as it takes the PIF/LIV money.

I do t give a crap about USA tv ratings, it is so irrelevant to every golf fan outside of the USA.

I think there will be the American PGA tour and the LIV tour and between them their will be 12 elevated events with at least 6 of them around the world.

I do t give a crap about USA tv ratings, it is so irrelevant to every golf fan outside of the USA.

I think there will be the American PGA tour and the LIV tour and between them their will be 12 elevated events with at least 6 of them around the world.
You might be right on the final outcome, but US TV ratings are very important. It is literally the lifeblood of the PGA Tour(or at least it was prior to the $1.5bn from SSG).

It's relevant to a point if you're interested in the health of the game.

It's relevant to a point if you're interested in the health of the game.

The health of the game cannot be better financially. More money than these guys should ever be earning.
Not much wrong with the health of the sport either.
If you only listen to Americans can view points you will only have an American view point.

The health of the game cannot be better financially. More money than these guys should ever be earning.
Not much wrong with the health of the sport either.
If you only listen to Americans can view points you will only have an American view point.

Come on, you know that's an outlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching kayo and they are showing some of the back nine holes looks long as should make it interesting hopefully the rough is long

Course suits a big bomber and high wedge player - like Rory. Shame the course is going to be soft.

I have a sneaky feeling Xander the HouseCat might become a leopard

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watching kayo and they are showing some of the back nine holes looks long as should make it interesting hopefully the rough is long
The competition might be interesting but the golf itself is likely to be relatively boring - massive course that is apparently pretty wet with no roll. So the bombers will just bomb away.

The competition might be interesting but the golf itself is likely to be relatively boring - massive course that is apparently pretty wet with no roll. So the bombers will just bomb away.
I hate it when the scores are so low and they are just throwing darts at the pins bores the shit out of me. My favourite major is the us open only because they trick the course up to make it as hard as possible, super slick greens and long rough, winning scores close to par instead of-20.

I hate it when the scores are so low and they are just throwing darts at the pins bores the s**t out of me. My favourite major is the us open only because they trick the course up to make it as hard as possible, super slick greens and long rough, winning scores close to par instead of-20.
Agree. Or the British open when the course is dry and the wind blows.

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
L. Aberg $50 at $21
X. Schauffele $14 at $17
J. Niemann $6 at $41
M. Homa $15 at $34
M. W. Lee $5 at $51
S. Burns $10 at $67
Ben An $5 at $67
S. W. Kim $5 at $101
D. Mccarthy $5 at $201
N. Hojgaard $5 at $251

outlay $120

BEN COLEYS TIPS
J. Rahm
M. Homa
J. Niemann
P. Cantlay
S. Burns

STEVE PALMERS TIPS
R. Mcilroy
M. Homa
S. Burns
Ben An
A. Bhatia

Agree. Or the British open when the course is dry and the wind blows.
For me the British open just lacks with the television coverage cameramen have a bit of trouble capturing the ball flight. When the weather turns foul your right it does make the course tougher but if no wind the players carve it up

I hate it when the scores are so low and they are just throwing darts at the pins bores the s**t out of me. My favourite major is the us open only because they trick the course up to make it as hard as possible, super slick greens and long rough, winning scores close to par instead of-20.
Each to their own. I am less concerned about the score to par and more interested in how the players actually play the course. Typically, the PGA has courses that are more about executing what are difficult but obvious shots really well compared with Augusta, the Open rota, where players are forced to think their way around a course. As for US Opens, they all depend on the course. Loved LACC last year, but hated it at Torrey Pines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back