Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

My gut feel given that he was released to play is that this will go away. Could not think of a more a sport more joined to the establishment than golf, with plenty of connections to the legal world. What he did was wrong but its certainly not a hanging offence. The Kentucky legal hierachy will iron out a solution at some exclusive country club and he will be free to carry on with his career. Hopefully it a lesson in humilty for him.

My gut feel given that he was released to play is that this will go away. Could not think of a more a sport more joined to the establishment than golf, with plenty of connections to the legal world. What he did was wrong but its certainly not a hanging offence. The Kentucky legal hierachy will iron out a solution at some exclusive country club and he will be free to carry on with his career. Hopefully it a lesson in humilty for him.

You a golfer buddy?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tune in to see the Aussies and they getting no air time

I get smith making a ton of money , brags about the time off he gets now and gets to play more in aus , loves the team format etc

But when he defected he had an incredible year , was number 2 in the world , just won a major and looked primed to win more

It’s just completely stalled him .. he doesn’t look threatening at any major any more .. he’s had some good results but he doesn’t seem capable of going real low and really being in the hunt

I get smith making a ton of money , brags about the time off he gets now and gets to play more in aus , loves the team format etc

But when he defected he had an incredible year , was number 2 in the world , just won a major and looked primed to win more

It’s just completely stalled him .. he doesn’t look threatening at any major any more .. he’s had some good results but he doesn’t seem capable of going real low and really being in the hunt

Calm down. Top 10 in 3 of 5 majors since his Open win. Valhalla doesn’t suit his game. Will be a factor for a while yet - at least at Augusta and the Open

It's ESPN coverage. Settle

Calm down. Top 10 in 3 of 5 majors since his Open win. Valhalla doesn’t suit his game. Will be a factor for a while yet - at least at Augusta and the Open

Like I said , some good results but hasn’t looked threatening at all. Hasn’t actually been in the hunt to win any of them despite top 10

Whereas 2022 he was hunting and looked like he could win anything

Not saying he’s playing bad but it’s definitely halted his momentum as a top 5 player in the world

Just imagining the behind the scenes stuff that would have gone on once Scheffler was arrested. Bigwigs making calls, etc. Somebody would have been on the blower to the Governor, who calls the G-G, onto the DA, etc.

Reckon you’re on the money. A bit like Geelong and the afl re Cameron’s concussion. Nothing to see here. And whatelys state of the game panic in Richmond dynasty.

Scottie said he was trying to get loose for his round in the cells. Different approach to the usual take on a tough guy to get yourself some credibility.

Imagine he’s shadow swinging as big papa bear is blowing kisses at him

Pretty sure he couldn’t play it from where it lied,unless the concession area was deemed oob seems fair to me

The rules need changing. He knew the concession area was there. These areas don’t appear in their backswing. I get he couldn’t play it from there but penalty should still apply. Yiu shouldn’t get to hit crap shots and get no penalty.

Like I said , some good results but hasn’t looked threatening at all. Hasn’t actually been in the hunt to win any of them despite top 10

Whereas 2022 he was hunting and looked like he could win anything

Not saying he’s playing bad but it’s definitely halted his momentum as a top 5 player in the world

His major results are arguably better since his defection. Small sample size. Majors are hard.

Reckon you’re on the money. A bit like Geelong and the afl re Cameron’s concussion. Nothing to see here. And whatelys state of the game panic in Richmond dynasty.

Imagine he’s shadow swinging as big papa bear is blowing kisses at him

I’m thinking Eddie Murphy’s karate moves.

You know our new CEO is a mad tiger? But not even he can fix the troubles at Tigerland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back