Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I’ve seen all golfers who use the broomstick putter still anchor it on the short putts.

I just don’t like it, but seems it is deemed okay

I just don’t like it, but seems it is deemed okay
I’m not to fussed by it (I use a conventional putter btw). In my situation I’ve had to change to a reverse grip as I got older because of a genetic condition passed on from my Dad. I have an essential tremor to the brain that results in unsteady hands. That’s why I‘m not against the broomstick putter. Ive found that the reverse grip stops me from getting the yips when I putt thanks to my condition.

From what I’ve seen all golfers who use the broomstick putter still anchor it on the short putts.

I use one and it's not even close to the chest when I use it...

I also think DeChambeau anchors his long putter to his body as well.

McCarron gave a demo on what he claims is proper technique which is in the article I link below.

End of the day, if it is legal it is legal. I just personally dislike professionals that employ the technique as a matter of taste.

Us rank and filers are certainly able to use what we need to do to play the game. We are doing it for fun—so yes I hypocritically go after the pros on the issue.

Last edited:
Bernard Langer and Adam Scott both anchor the broomstick putter on short putts when they’re under pressure.

True, just saying I don't.... Does confuse me why they put it so close to the chest

I love how he puts the three wood down behind ball as he walks across it ffs.

The real telling thing is he uses other clubs to improve the lie so he can use the club he wants/needs to use.

It is pretty damning when an on course professional observer calls you out on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, just saying I don't.... Does confuse me why they put it so close to the chest

I have zero issues with any of us using that kind of putter—no issue whatsoever

I don’t use anything other than a conventional putter but I got no problem playing with guys that use it

I just think pros (those on regular tour—I would exempt the old guys) should not be allowed to use it.

To me it is almost equivalent of letting pro baseball players use metal bats

Maybe that is an extreme example but I do think it provides an advantage

I love how he puts the three wood down behind ball as he walks across it ffs.

That was a hell of a catch by the way, I didn’t originally see him tamp down the grass with the wood

Tapped that sucker down twice in fact

Great call

I have zero issues with any of us using that kind of putter—no issue whatsoever

I don’t use anything other than a conventional putter but I got no problem playing with guys that use it

I just think pros (those on regular tour—I would exempt the old guys) should not be allowed to use it.

To me it is almost equivalent of letting pro baseball players use metal bats

Maybe that is an extreme example but I do think it provides an advantage

You can use a driver on the green and could make a similar action as you do with the broomstick. I don't see the issue personally. Anchoring is a different thing altogether.

Anchoring is a different thing altogether.

Agreed

I just wouldn't even give regular tour guys the option for that kind of putter. If they want to use driver, have at it.

What TV coverage of the Mexico tournament is there?

It's exclusive to GolfTV. I think i subscribed for 2 months for Mexico and the Matchplay and then unsubscribed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back