Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Well....... Ripper GC finishes round one in last place. Had moved up to around 4th mid round, but fell in a heap late. Pretty disappointing really.
Its just a contrived team format where the best individual 3 scores count. Team Matchplay like the Ryder Cup on the other hand would be infinitely more interesting and team focused rather than a count of 3 scores.

The individual leaderboard is just standard LIV really. Ex PGAT battlers everywhere clogging the top. BDF7C5AA-33A3-4F39-B893-D09BCA393484.png

Its just a contrived team format where the best individual 3 scores count. Team Matchplay like the Ryder Cup on the other hand would be infinitely more interesting and team focused rather than a count of 3 scores.

The individual leaderboard is just standard LIV really. Ex PGAT battlers everywhere clogging the top.View attachment 1666390
10 under is 10 under
Hardly battlers.
Supplant that name with C Smith and the commentary would be different

The individual leaderboard is just standard LIV really. Ex PGAT battlers everywhere clogging the top.View attachment 1666390
Not sure PGA battlers is accurate. I think it was something like 20 of the top 50 (at the time) went to LIV. Might have even been more than that.

Not sure PGA battlers is accurate. I think it was something like 20 of the top 50 (at the time) went to LIV. Might have even been more than that.
Yes I was exaggerating the term “battlers”. For LIV to get some juice, they need to sign more than Thomas Pieters in the off season after stating they were targeting 7 of the top 20 players.

Smith and Norman have both come out and stated that their fields lack depth. A lot of middle tier PGAT players. Top end talent is certainly there however, given the lack of qualification system and relegation, it produces a fairly weak bottom 2/3.

Im sure Norman would have liked some bigger names near the top.

10 under is 10 under
Hardly battlers.
Supplant that name with C Smith and the commentary would be different

Gooch is certainly a good player. Was on the rise before he left.

Sihwan Kim on the otherhand is now 67 over par through 4 events. If he finishes last in every event, he will bank $2.8m

Yes I was exaggerating the term “battlers”. For LIV to get some juice, they need to sign more than Thomas Pieters in the off season after stating they were targeting 7 of the top 20 players.

Smith and Norman have both come out and stated that their fields lack depth. A lot of middle tier PGAT players. Top end talent is certainly there however, given the lack of qualification system and relegation, it produces a fairly weak bottom 2/3.

Im sure Norman would have liked some bigger names near the top.

Gooch is certainly a good player. Was on the rise before he left.

Sihwan Kim on the otherhand is now 67 over par through 4 events. If he finishes last in every event, he will bank $2.8m
He’ll get the arse pretty quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he a bf poster?

cdaae756-6489-4d75-9052-e93bf861f40a_text.gif

I still find the most annoying thing about this is just the commentators sucking up tot heir bosses during the telecast, we have to be reminded every 2 minutes how amazing this event is.

I still find the most annoying thing about this is just the commentators sucking up tot heir bosses during the telecast, we have to be reminded every 2 minutes how amazing this event is.
Yeah I'm with you on that. I don't really buy into the good guys v bad guys stuff and watch whatever golf is on, but it's (the commentary) a bit nauseating isn't it. Especially when the crowds have been so low in some of the other events, and the statements are just so over the top.

We're thanking the childcare facilities.... Kevin Na ticking all the boxes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back