Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Just out of interest toxic not many people commenting on here have people lost interest or cbf?
Aussies not performing well, and I don’t find the course particularly interesting.
Par 4’s up to 500 yards long don’t really encourage finesse, it’s just a power game
Still watching it though.

The Michael Block stuff is starting to get out of hand. Actually it has been for a while.

I heard somewhere he's played in like 25 PGA Tour events before and has previously qualified for a handful of PGA Championships.

It's a great story but it just goes to show how many freakishly talents golfers there would be out there that just aren't good enough to break through and make it on any of these top tours.

The Michael Block stuff is starting to get out of hand. Actually it has been for a while.

Oh boy.

Was happy to see him compete at the top of the leaderboard as the underdog, but this clip makes it hard to continue to cheer for him.

Has scored an invite to the Charles Schwab, the RBC Canadian Open and the European Masters. I’d bet decent $$$ that he misses the cut in all of them. He had the the week of his life, that sort of stuff won’t happen again.

Be confident in your game, but this pole vaulted over the confidence/delusional line.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere he's played in like 25 PGA Tour events before and has previously qualified for a handful of PGA Championships.

It's a great story but it just goes to show how many freakishly talents golfers there would be out there that just aren't good enough to break through and make it on any of these top tours.
Yep. Had the week of his life and it is a good story. Just getting tough reading and listening to some of the hyperbole.

1684989526370.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has scored an invite to the Charles Schwab, the RBC Canadian Open and the European Masters. I’d bet decent $$$ that he misses the cut in all of them. He had the the week of his life, that sort of stuff won’t happen again.
I'd bet good money the troops at Golf Australia are planning to get him out for next year's Australian Open. We've always courted sideshow acts out here.

The great thing about the Michael Block story is it goes to show how difficult it is to consistently compete at the top level.

Does anyone here remember when the pro at Bega Golf Club won a tour card?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back