Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

*Your player is worse than our player*

:rolleyes:
well, he is.
At worst, Langford is a 2 goal a game HFF.
But we want him in the middle. So he's developing that side of his game.

Liam Jones is a decent call. As is Grant.
How the Dogs managed to offload both is beyond me.

Steinberg probably has to be the one for mine though.
So out of depth @ AFL level.

images

Jake "Putrid" Batchelor

WTF ever happened to Ashley Arrowsmith? BOG in the U/18s GF then slipped to us in the rookie draft and never looked near getting a game.
Captain coaching East Keilor now in the EDFL in Victoria, Back to his junior club this year after quite a few years with Strathmore.

Inb4 "Zac Dawson"

(I actually think that Dawson plays his role ok)
I agree with Zac , he never got his head around footy until his last handful of games, he was a one trick pony, as a half back, I think Clarko nearly killed him but taught him how hard the game was, Ross Lyon just taught him one thing to do , and that's all he ever really did, but he tried his guts out and that means he had the feel for the top , just didn't have the talent.

Austin McCrabb always struck me as a fairly limited operator when I was a kid.

I think Blighty agreed. I still remember him being ordered away from the Geelong team huddle at 3 quarter time one day. Poor guy had to stand on his own 50 meters away.

Psycho's like Blight , were a blight on some individuals, he was a sick fella, old Malcolm, maybe good footballer and maybe good coach, I reckon he ruined as many as he helped. No temperament for Aussie footy.

I don't think he''d even remember being an absolute disgrace to his fellows! He'd say he had the brains, I wonder what sort of brains made him think some of the stuff he did was smart. Like R Walls and the Brisbane punch up, Brad Hardie had to stop it, some blokes look intelligent, but are just self misinformed about people. They just don't see, it never enters what ever grey matter they have!

Josh Thurgood.
53470001-josh-thurgood-the-hawks-in-action-during-the-gettyimages.jpg

13 games, 13 loses. Quite a stat.
This young fellow had more guts inside himself than the lot of BF put together, he got fair dinkum hammered on the ground and always got up. I reckon Clarko thought someone would kill him one day.
This kid had GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, he is.
At worst, Langford is a 2 goal a game HFF.
But we want him in the middle. So he's developing that side of his game.

Liam Jones is a decent call. As is Grant.
How the Dogs managed to offload both is beyond me.

Steinberg probably has to be the one for mine though.
So out of depth @ AFL level.

A 2 goal a game HFF would be on the edge of the All Australian team (see: T.Greene, 1.9 goals a game in 2016, clear AA).

I feel that this thread gets to show the lack of knowledge of AFL football on BF, when players numbers are counted for value. Or should I say mistaken for value.
Just to make it into reserves at that level is impossible for most of us on here, getting even close.
Some players go a whole game without a touch, but they do something for the coach, that winds up winning the match for them over the term of the game, but I guess its fun rubbishing people, even though your wrong most of the time.

A 2 goal a game HFF would be on the edge of the All Australian team (see: T.Greene, 1.9 goals a game in 2016, clear AA).
Averages 1 at the moment and has spent considerable time in the midfield at both afl and vfl level.
If played permanently forward, 2 would be roughly what he'd average

He was fine, had a temper!

Oh, no Taylor was just awful. I remember one game where he might have scored negative dreamteam points (he gave away more free kicks than possessions/hitouts obtained). I don't think anyone has managed that again!

How he managed a what 5 year career whereas a competent ruckman like Wayde Skipper got booted after a year is still a mystery to me.

This thread reminds me of Mofras bottom 100 or whatever it is in the bay, I stopped reading after I realised it was some bitter mod railing footballers anonymously so some teeny boppers can 'like' it. Crap thread OP

I'll keep my vote to current players who have played at least one game this season.

Tom Boyd, apart from the 2016 Grand Final he has been absolutely useless.

Jake Batchelor, no explanation needed.

Nathan J Brown, has been exceptionally poor for the Saints so far this season.

Taylor Hunt, defies logic that he's on an AFL list.

Ty Vickery, Ty Vickery.

Last edited:
Dean Terlich, he was tough and hard at the footy but his disposal and decision making was God-awful. Roos first came in with the idea of pumping up the players confidence with a love and cuddles approach, despite losing to St Kilda (with Eli ******* Templeton playing like a Brownlow medalist) and being flogged by the Eagles at the 'G, it was a Dean Terlich stuff up that really made him lose his cool for the first time - he turned over an absolute howler in Q3 of Rd3 vs GWS at Spotless, which saw them score a goal, at quarter time. Roos was completely apoplectic with rage, he stormed onto the ground from the boundary and went looking for Terlich, gave him the biggest bollocking I've ever seen a footy player receive. For someone to stand out as utter shite in the 2014 version of the MFC took some doing
...and he finished 3rd in Melbourne's B&F. The 2013 Melbourne team would have to be the worst team of all time, surely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back