Discussion Worst ever jumper clashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually we don't. The original BiB was all black. The fans wanted the panel back. If it was an issue then the AFL wouldn't have ticked it off.

In fact, it was never an issue at all to begin with given we've had the panel since entering the league.
The AFL ticks off all sorts of things. Two byes for some teams before others have one and we could go on and on…But they tick off Collingwood v Geelong sometimes when Geelong have blue shorts, Collingwood white and all types of rubbish.
I really don’t get the white number panel, it’s a visual mess, the type of thing most of us hate here. it’s the same size as a pair of shorts and makes things a mess when against teams like Cats the other week. Maybe wear the all black back when against the white jumper teams like Geelong, North Collingwood etc?

We could have worn the black jumper with white shorts (I'm surprised we didn't), but I agree that North should show some maturity and wear white shorts with their light-coloured jumpers (main and indigenous)
Honestly, should just be blue shorts against black, that's a contrast. The colourless shorts I think should be retired, or used sparingly for clubs who have white as their colour. It looks better when clubs wear coloured shorts and uniforms against each other.

Last edited:

We could have worn the black jumper with white shorts (I'm surprised we didn't), but I agree that North should show some maturity and wear white shorts with their light-coloured jumpers (main and indigenous)
If you wore black should of been with black shorts - no matter what shorts Roos had

...that is our dark Guernsey? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
And you used to have one that didn’t have the white back. The same logic that those on here pay out North Melbourne can be applied to the white backed Port Adelaide jumper. Port’s jump is dark from the front and light from the back, quite confusing against teams like Geel, North , Coll and those wearing a white clash.

And you used to have one that didn’t have the white back. The same logic that those on here pay out North Melbourne can be applied to the white backed Port Adelaide jumper. Port’s jump is dark from the front and light from the back, quite confusing against teams like Geel, North , Coll and those wearing a white clash.
For all of 2 seasons.

We've had a panel since we joined the AFL. It's never been an issue.

For all of 2 seasons.

We've had a panel since we joined the AFL. It's never been an issue.
My apologies - and a correction on my part.

2 rounds in 2010 from our old "Planet Teal" promotion.

Was introduced full-time in 2011 and we wore it with the full black until 2016. White panel was reintroduced in 2017 after the panel version was initially worn only for showdowns.

If it was an issue then the AFL wouldn't have ticked it off.
The AFL are renowned for being ****wits, if the AFL tick something off it usually means that they're wrong.

Every time they've ticked off number panels, contrasting side panels, Collingwood's current version of clash jumper etc, they've made the spectacle worse.

The AFL are renowned for being *******s, if the AFL tick something off it usually means that they're wrong.

Every time they've ticked off number panels, contrasting side panels, Collingwood's current version of clash jumper etc, they've made the spectacle worse.
Collingwood's clash jumper is perfect. As is their intent to wear it when appropriate

The even more stupid part is that North could wear their home blue shorts against everyone home and away bar the Bulldogs, Eagles (who always have the yellow to wear away) and Geelong (who would be mostly in navy for away games). That's a potential 15 (14+0.5+0.5) match ups out of 17 where you can wear your home shorts.

I think there's a more recent version of this but there is no reason this is a clash. We also saw this in AFLW.

images - 2024-05-26T111432.340.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL are renowned for being *******s, if the AFL tick something off it usually means that they're wrong.

Collingwoods home and away clash are fine. They have a mainly black and a mainly white jumper. They're rarely the problem. People just assume they are

Ports jumper was better with out the panel. Yes less clashing. But it's still ok.

Similarly eagles tri panel was a clash creating jumper - glad its gone.

The problem people have Roos is their immaturity around shorts. Their jumper is fine, but as it's white based, they just need to accept its ok to wear shorts at home - like Geelong do.

If they really care more about shorts, have a blue based jumper (likes pies went to black based)

Ports jumper was better with out the panel. Yes less clashing. But it's still ok.

Similarly eagles tri panel was a clash creating jumper - glad its gone.

The problem people have Roos is their immaturity around shorts. Their jumper is fine, but as it's white based, they just need to accept its ok to wear shorts at home - like Geelong do.

If they really care more about shorts, have a blue based jumper (likes pies went to black based)
To me each club can wear what they like as their home and others have to accommodate. But wisdom and humility would dictate not be half dark/half light. Back panel is about the same size as shorts so same logic must apply.

My apologies - and a correction on my part.

2 rounds in 2010 from our old "Planet Teal" promotion.

Was introduced full-time in 2011 and we wore it with the full black until 2016. White panel was reintroduced in 2017 after the panel version was initially worn only for showdowns.

You mean 2009 it was first worn for 2 games, then used fulltime starting from 2010. 2015 is when they introduced the white panel for Showdowns only, then in 2017 it became a fulltime thing. It's a homage to the prison bar back which is a homage to a Magpies white spots.

The AFL are renowned for being ****wits, if the AFL tick something off it usually means that they're wrong.

They should be citing a colour wheel, teams should be wearing contrasting coloured uniforms.
maxresdefault (41).jpg Color-table-for-Warm-Cool.jpg

You mean 2009 it was first worn for 2 games, then used fulltime starting from 2010. 2015 is when they introduced the white panel for Showdowns only, then in 2017 it became a fulltime thing. It's a homage to the prison bar back which is a homage to a Magpies white spots.
Clearly says 2010 on the above link.

Clearly says 2010 on the above link.
Planet Teal went from 2007-2009, the back in black guernsey was first worn in 2009 for 2 games. That site linked even uses those current seasons, not sure what you're citing. Lade even wore it, and he retired in 2009.
binb.JPG

Last edited:
Lol carn... chuck the numbers on it and the back is what, maybe 25 percent white? It's absolutely not a white backed jumper, and there's context clues like shorts and, you know, the front of the jumper which make it very clearly a dark jumper, possibly the darkest home jumper in the league bar Carlton and maybe St Kilda and Essendon. Either way, it's not a jumper where clubs have to wear a dark jumper and light shorts against us, we clash with basically the same teams as Carlton which is easy to work around, North's insistence on dark shorts no matter what has actively lead to bad uniform matchups.

Home teams wear whatever they want, including but not limited to white panels and blue shorts.

Away teams wear SOMETHING ELSE that provides a high level of contrast. If that means 3rd/4th kits in non-club colours then so be it.

Problem solved permanently. It doesn’t need to be any more complicated than the above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back