Movie Wrath of Man (2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Guy Ritchie directs and co-wrote it. Jason Statham plays 'H', a newly recruited security guard for a cash truck company who soon reveals he has elite skills and a mystery motive.

The first hour is pretty epic as the events that have led H to this place are revealed. Then I thought there was a slight disconnect in the edit as it switched to 'present day'. And the plot turned into a heist mission from Grand Theft Auto. But overall it's great thriller entertainment.

Statham is perfect as the cold hearted killing machine, and the rest of the casting is good too. It has a Michael Mann feel like Heat. The soundtrack with the big cello riff was awesome then throw in some Johnny Cash.

Possibly Ritchie's best movie since Snatch and Lock Stock.

7/10

Was a bit thrown out for the first half hour, not knowing the vibe of the movie and expecting some more cockney vibes. Wasn't enjoying the overtly macho tone, but eventually it settled into the plot and backstory.

Overall, I thought it was OK, and probably shows him maturing as a filmmaker. But I still prefer his other work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back