Preview Yer A Lizard Harry - Magic Round - Richmond VS Sydney - Adelaide Oval - Friday 8:10PM (GMT)

Who will win

• Sydney 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Sydney 8-20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Sydney 20-39

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Sydney 39+

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Richmond 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Richmond 8-20

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Richmond 20-39

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Richmond 39+

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Wingardium Leviosa

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much negativity..

We should definitely be winning this. Undermanned in defence yes, but Richmond are hit with injuries as well and have had a really disappointing start to the season when they were healthier than they are now.

It happens a fair bit at the selection table when they aren’t sure if a player will be 100% fit if they have missed a training session etc or need to pass a fitness test that they are named emergency. With our talls out I think Gould will come in for Cunningham if he’s declared fit, if not go in as named.

So much negativity..

We should definitely be winning this. Undermanned in defence yes, but Richmond are hit with injuries as well and have had a really disappointing start to the season when they were healthier than they are now.

It happens a fair bit at the selection table when they aren’t sure if a player will be 100% fit if they have missed a training session etc or need to pass a fitness test that they are named emergency. With our talls out I think Gould will come in for Cunningham if he’s declared fit, if not go in as named.
Reckon it'd be Roberts (who would then be sub) for mine. I think they're going to want Cunners down back, which Roberts can't do.

We've all given up hope on this game haven't we
Speak for yourself, no way would you give up on the team, we will get this done

Notwithstanding the unbelievable run of outs with tall defenders, I have a good feeling about this game. We have to be better than Richmond.

Is Gould available or not? According to Horse he "didn’t finish the training session we had on the weekend" and was witnessed in a moonboot on Saturday night. On the other hand he is named as an emergency. Could we pull a swifty and bring him into the side at the last minute? I tend to think that would not be the right thing to do with a player's debut so probably not.

you never know

we have a lot of unknowns

maybe they work out, Armatey goes back for example and it's like wow he is a backman

and mcdonald without buddy goes on a rampage, heeney and papley kick in

warner brothers battle for most touches etc
When Buddy isn't there Mcdonald and Amartey kick goals. Our forward entries are far better and there is far more space. Hawthorn used to play a 2 man forward structure. Bud and Roughy with Bruest & Rioli moving up to the wing and running back when the ball goes to either the two talls.That created huge space. With two fast smalls it can be done.

But by the time Bud got to Swans that scenario was much harder to achieve even though we did over the first couple of years with Tippett. Now is far different. Bud attracts a crowd and if you kick to him too much you kick your game away.

Amartey is a very good lead up forward, so is Logan. Heens, Willy, Paps too. They provide so much diversity when they are not hampered by the Buddy Factor. That is why we play better without him these days.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea how I've become one of the optimists on this board, but we can win this!

I mean, I'd certainly be hoping Rampe, Gould are fit to play next week. Not sure either of the McCartin's will get up, but Tom would be a bonus.

But this week it's Richmond, they aren't that great, they have one legit KPF and he's getting on. Fox will deal with him. Then we've just got to handle a couple of kid ruck/forwards. They might kick a few goals, but could be a liability if the ball hits the deck. Other than that, we've got a midfield and forward line that can trouble them. Ladhams should dominate too.

PS. I also haven't seen a Swans win in 5 years, because we keep playing Port here, and I went to the GF. Let's just win this ok. Do it for the Bloods(86).
What if they play Balta forward? Ryan, Balta, Cumberland (plays far taller than 183) & Revolting. That will stretch us

Yeah I agree. Yes there was no call mum vid, but I'd hazard a guess that they weren't sure he'd get up for it and seeing as he's an SA boy, wouldn't be too hard to get the fam there for it.
Family have a farm near Robe in the South East. It is quite a long drive. They would have to get the mail tonight.

Notwithstanding the unbelievable run of outs with tall defenders, I have a good feeling about this game. We have to be better than Richmond.

Is Gould available or not? According to Horse he "didn’t finish the training session we had on the weekend" and was witnessed in a moonboot on Saturday night. On the other hand he is named as an emergency. Could we pull a swifty and bring him into the side at the last minute? I tend to think that would not be the right thing to do with a player's debut so probably not.
He trained a full session today

Why would they play Balta forward when they themselves have 3 KPFs and Heeney to deal with down the other end?
They don't have 3 keys. Only Ryan, a Rookie ruck, Miller, second ruck, and Revolting. Ryan will be rucking. So only 2 talls. Balta would not play on Heeney. He is a key position player. He will play on either McLean or Amartey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back