Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the fact that people didn't know who Uncle Jack is is part of the problem, and part of the reason as to why it was a worthy cause to pay tribute.

He was the 2015 senior Victorian of the year, and this year's NAIDOC week's senior elder of the year.

He's also an amazing story of triumph over adversity.

4 separate games recognised Queen Elizabeth in the pre-game festivities. Uncle Jack is far more worthy of recognition in Australia than she ever was.

In a week where, once again, the poor treatment of First Nations footballers was in the public eye, surely taking a moment to reflect on an Elder's significant contribution to Australian society wasn't too much to ask.

i think sam et al would say that most people know the queen so it's apt.

is uncle jack relevant to footy? maybe, maybe not. does it matter in this instance and showing at the GF, i dont think so.

i hope that people are now noticing and learning about uncle jack.

Maybe the fact that people didn't know who Uncle Jack is is part of the problem, and part of the reason as to why it was a worthy cause to pay tribute.

He was the 2015 senior Victorian of the year, and this year's NAIDOC week's senior elder of the year.

He's also an amazing story of triumph over adversity.

4 separate games recognised Queen Elizabeth in the pre-game festivities. Uncle Jack is far more worthy of recognition in Australia than she ever was.

In a week where, once again, the poor treatment of First Nations footballers was in the public eye, surely taking a moment to reflect on an Elder's significant contribution to Australian society wasn't too much to ask.
All relevent points supporting 'your view' and I've no doubt Uncle Jack was a great bloke and deserved public recognition - but note the fact that people didn't know who this man also supports Newman's 'patronising nonsense' claim, because it's unikley most of those who organised his pre match GF eulogy would of known him prior to his passing..!

Last edited:
All relevent poiints supporting 'your view' and I've no doubt Uncle Jack was a great bloke and deserved public recognition - but note the fact that people didn't know who this man also supports Newman's 'patronising nonsense' claim, becasue it's unikley most of those who organised his pre match GF eulogy would of known him prior to his passing..!
patronising towards aboriginals?

All relevent points supporting 'your view' and I've no doubt Uncle Jack was a great bloke and deserved public recognition - but note the fact that people didn't know who this man also supports Newman's 'patronising nonsense' claim, becasue it's unikley most of those who organised his pre match GF eulogy would of known him prior to his passing..!

There’s be very few people in 2022 who knew who Allen Aylett is, yet he got a GF tribute too.

Don’t say ‘oh but he did important things for footy’ because your standard for commemoration is ‘how well known somebody is’. In fact I’d say far more people at the GF knew who Uncle Jack was vs Allen Aylett.

The carry on about the Uncle Jack tribute is unbelievable. His photo was flashed up in the big screen for a few seconds. The way dickhead Newman and his mates are carrying on you would think the game was halted, his entire family was bought out onto the field, the entire crowd was forced to watch a ceremony worshipping him at gunpoint that went on for 2 hours and anyone who dared express criticism at this was arrested for ‘thought crimes’.

For those at the ground what was the reaction to the Jack tribute? Was there booing, cries of ‘what is this crap?!’? Or did people just respectfully clap and acknowledge?

You know I think AFL crowds are far more progressive and tolerant than whinging prehistoric bogans in the media give them credit for (Goodes booing notwithstanding).

Last edited:
Senile Sam is wilfully ignoring that Uncle Jack was the literal face of the finals series this season on radio on TV. Yes, He was a 'heroin addict and felon' as he he put it, Geelong Grammar Sam is again willfully ignoring that this was after being stolen from his mum and being put in a boys home at 14 for trying to find his real mum, where he was raped nightly. Despite all that he was running a theatre company at age 23. Such ingrained trauma just doesn't disappear though and he developed an addiction, which resulted in him committing crimes that whites wouldn't have been put away for. Jack 'made good' after his last stint in 2004, to the extent he was named senior Victorian of the year, NAIDOC Elder of the year and became widely recognized as Uncle.

Also just realised Geelong Grammar John still genuinely believes Carey's 'anti-inflammatories' story. Wouldn't have anything to do with his own habits would it? Poor man's white powder bad, rich man's white powder good?

80s US politicians getting tough on ‘street hoodlums’ dealing crack cocaine whilst they went home to their mansions and snorted powdered cocaine.

Senile Sam is wilfully ignoring that Uncle Jack was the literal face of the finals series this season on radio on TV. Yes, He was a 'heroin addict and felon' as he he put it, Geelong Grammar Sam is again willfully ignoring that this was after being stolen from his mum and being put in a boys home at 14 for trying to find his real mum, where he was raped nightly. Despite all that he was running a theatre company at age 23. Such ingrained trauma just doesn't disappear though and he developed an addiction, which resulted in him committing crimes that whites wouldn't have been put away for. Jack 'made good' after his last stint in 2004, to the extent he was named senior Victorian of the year, NAIDOC Elder of the year and became widely recognized as Uncle.
one of the low points of the pod was when Sam was going on about George Floyd being a crook and a nasty person the same day he had Fred Cook on who committed many crimes and went in jail for them but he was a good bloke...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really understand the fascination of interviewing notorious underworld figures. Once you've heard one underbelly story, you've heard them all.

I'll be honest, I along with 98% of the population had no idea who Jack was. Also no idea why he was the face of finals, you'd think that it'll be some former player, administrator etc but no, the AFL being the AFL

I'll be honest, I along with 98% of the population had no idea who Jack was. Also no idea why he was the face of finals, you'd think that it'll be some former player, administrator etc but no, the AFL being the AFL
Once Uncle Jack passed away (suddenly) and the finals promos virtually disappeared, which is totally understandable. Sam jumped the shark for me quite some time ago. My understanding is that Don Scott pulled him and Fordham up on some hypocrisy regarding Thorburn and Islamic Australians caught up in the Taliban bullshit which may have been worth a listen to, but I don’t have the time to listen to his RWNJ ranting anymore, I can always catch some of his MMM from 10 years ago if I want a laugh.

Some of the guys who hate Sammy and the podcast so much need to do themselves a favour and stop listening.

There are many of us who enjoy the podcast and share similar views to Sam. Each to their own, there is no point sitting here and arguing about it.

Just as I would find it crazy personally if I was to listen to a podcast hosted by left wing host, then run off to its forum and bag it.

Some of the guys who hate Sammy and the podcast so much need to do themselves a favour and stop listening.

There are many of us who enjoy the podcast and share similar views to Sam. Each to their own, there is no point sitting here and arguing about it.

Just as I would find it crazy personally if I was to listen to a podcast hosted by left wing host, then run off to its forum and bag it.

There’s certainly merit in what you say. Both sides do it. Aka right read the age and watch abc, left watch sky news and the hs. Without the other side, they have zero relevance.

But then again, if there’s no point in discussing topics or different point of views then we may as well shut down forums and the like.

Having said all that this podcast does offer comedic gold at times. It’s hilarious. I have spoken to Sam a few times at golf and he’s a good bloke. I don’t think he’s as “extreme” or holds the strength of POV he espouses on the podcast. He puts on mayo on his thoughts for theatre. I enjoy it.

We once had a chat once and I said I don’t agree with all you say. He smiled and said that’s fine, as long as we respect each other. He then took me over to the Beast for introduction, and am thankful for that.

The Howard Stern paradox.

People who hated him listened twice as long as people who loved him.

I like Sam, his opinions are often right and they aren't liked because it doesn't fit the narrative of society. He has a voice and voices alot of opinions I share and 10s of thousand's share, we aren't heard, but we agree with alot of his opinions.

I like Sam, his opinions are often right and they aren't liked because it doesn't fit the narrative of society. He has a voice and voices alot of opinions I share and 10s of thousand's share, we aren't heard, but we agree with alot of his opinions.

I think his opinions are shared on fox/sky, as they should be.

I think his opinions are shared on fox/sky, as they should be.

Well you wouldn’t hear them on the abc as they don’t let people on with alternative opinions and they may have to engage in debate with him which would take them out of their safe spaces.

Much easier just to label him.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Well you wouldn’t hear them on the abc as they don’t let people on with alternative opinions and they may have to engage in debate with him which would take them out of their safe spaces.

Much easier just to label him.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
no issue with both sides catering to their own

Remove this Banner Ad

Back