Autopsy You get what you ****ing deserve Swans by 29 Hayward silences his critics.

Remove this Banner Ad

d7e24398aa14edb7fc0ae3af3cdd04ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I comment on facebook.
Said he was lucky to get 3, considering he took a guy out for a game maybe a few
more.

Got one reply saying wasn't even a free kick,
another saying Mccartin family have glass jaws so he shouldn't even be playing.
Plenty of idiots on facebook. Was always going to be 3 weeks

First quarter was kind of rubbish and Gulden led the way trying to be fancy. Sounds like Horse gave them a rocket, Gulden said he was told that at quarter time,

They all lifted, Heeney was good all day,
Gudlen and Warner were crucial and lifted as we lifted

Hayward showed again how he impacts in bursts and just has to take his chances, his first quarter tackle showed he was on early.

Midfield was dominant workrate wise, but I think the weather helped us, when it was dry it was hack kicks, then the hack kicks kind of worked a bit, though we did use it smarter.

Big difference to me was Grundy, his ruckwork and willingness to be an extra mid was crucial and won the game, he probably gets ignored in votes, but without him we dont win imo.
I could not believe the number of times that Briggs would grab a hold of Grundy at stoppages and simply ragdoll him to the ground. If a midfielder was to do that to another it would be a free kick every time yet Briggs was allowed to get away with it time and time again.

I could not believe the number of times that Briggs would grab a hold of Grundy at stoppages and simply ragdoll him to the ground. If a midfielder was to do that to another it would be a free kick every time yet Briggs was allowed to get away with it time and time again.

Will have to have a re-look

Sydney didn't even make the 8 things we learned column
To be fair, it's a big deal when the three horses in the three-horse premiership race all get put down in the same weekend

If none can bounce back they might have to cancel the season since no one else is able to win it :(

To be fair, it's a big deal when the three horses in the three-horse premiership race all get put down in the same weekend

If none can bounce back they might have to cancel the season since no one else is able to win it :(
Blue tarps everywhere

Interesting Horse saying they took into account ruck rotations for Grundy when deciding on the three talls.

We go over things til we are blue in the face on here and we still miss various factors

Like who got Horse the best Christmas gift

Interesting Horse saying they took into account ruck rotations for Grundy when deciding on the three talls.

We go over things til we are blue in the face on here and we still miss various factors
I didn’t see Armatey do a lot of ruck work …. and Logan doesn’t ruck.

So it does still seem they prefer 3 talls from a set-up perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching from the ground very often it looked like Briggs was not contesting the ball but focussing squarely on Grundy.

The Chad had a cyborg (terminator) look about him. Whilst most players were blowing hard and looking strained, he was smiling and glistening with sinew and muscle. I like this version of The Chad. :p
Agree. I did find it funny when he got rundown by Briggs the Ruckman. A bit of a WTF look on his face before getting the handball away.

Grundy has unlocked our mids. He has made them look twice as good as last year. He is our most important player to keep on the park in my view. Best trade we have completed in recent history. With 11 tackles yesterday, I thought he was super damaging, just not in an ostentatious Chad kinda way. Pls stay fit!!!

The more I think about it the more pleased I am with our defensive efforts during this game. McCartin goes down early and we barely missed a beat. Rampe being back for this game was a huge factor in that I reckon, and it sure did help with Fox being the sub.

Good call all around Horse & co👍

Big shout out to Grundy… with him, it feels like we got one of those great two-for-one deals.

He’s a strong ruckman but more importantly for us, he doubles up as that big bodied midfielder that we desperately needed.

And seems like a great lovable character around the club too 😍
I've thought his value has been mostly as an additional midfielder - that big-bodied midfielder that we otherwise lack. Though he was important in nullifying Gawn's influence in opening round.

But some of his ruck work yesterday, particularly at the start of the second quarter, was supreme. Indeed, I'd have him in my votes simply on the basis of his influence in that first ten minutes of the second quarter when the Swans quickly gobbled up the lead they'd given away in a few minutes at the end of the first. That stamped the Swans intent for the rest of the game.

Grundy was good for the rest of the game too, but that start to the second quarter was match-turning.

Grundy has unlocked our mids. He has made them look twice as good as last year. He is our most important player to keep on the park in my view. Best trade we have completed in recent history. With 11 tackles yesterday, I thought he was super damaging, just not in an ostentatious Chad kinda way. Pls stay fit!!!
This. And his influence shouldn't be underestimated.

I also think the injuries to Parker and Mills has unlocked Isaac the Great! This potential been hidden away all these years, given the fact he'd just be thrown CBA vs. Starting in the midfield.

But yeah Grundy has been Epic this year. On the weekend, copped a good shiner as well for his efforts.

Just watched the replay again. Wanted to focus on a couple of things but of course did not… obs this time

• Good standard footy from both teams,
  • Much better footy than cats v Dees and the poor blues v pies game
  • Roberts was better than I thought.. yep made an error or two but battled on
  • Great we were privileged to have Foxy as 23rd man.
  • Warner, Heeney and Gulden are in outrageously good form
  • Haha. Adams makes me laugh.

Cmon somebody tell me how right I am, constructive praise welcome.

3 weeks is half what it should be. It was a deliberate elbow to the face.

Our Club should get stuck into the AFL on this.

And you Mr The King should ditch Faceache

I've been told its a bit nuanced than that.
ie you can get through a SCAT5 , yet be subbed on account of the video evidence.
For lack of a better term, out of an abundance of caution.
Especially when Doctors take into account a players concussion history.

It was just mentioned in the telecast yesterday arvo.
Hopefully he's ok.
Ah ok that makes sense. Yes let’s hope it’s nothing and he can move on asap. Poor bloke. Brown is a dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back