3. Carabanchel: Madrid, Spain
4. Havnen: Copenhagen, Denmark
5. Sheung Wan: Hong Kong
6. Brunswick East: Melbourne, Australia
7. Mid-City, New Orleans
8. Isola: Milan, Italy
9. West: Amsterdam, Netherlands
10. Tomigaya: Tokyo, Japan

That's a tad random. Did they say why it's so cool?
Move over Brunswick, Fitzroy and Carlton – this eclectic (and increasingly cool) Northside neighbourhood is ready to emerge from the suburban shadows. Sandwiched between Lygon Street and the lush trails of Merri Creek, Brunswick East is fast emerging as a vibrant go-to hub for multicultural eateries, live music venues and cosy bars that you’ll find yourself returning to again and again. It’s serviced by two major tram lines, which makes for an easy hop between top-notch watering holes like Bahama Gold, Noisy Ritual and the B.East. Brunswick East today feels like a community-focused urban village – a far cry from the area’s industrial past, which can be seen in remnants of old textile factories.

The perfect day Kick-start your day the way all good Melburnians do, with coffee and carbs from the legends at Wild Life Bakery (pro tip: arrive early to snag a sourdough loaf for later). You’ll want to allow plenty of time to hit the shops, especially Lygon Street Nursery and Northcote Pottery Supplies (don’t let the name fool you, you’re still in the correct postcode). All that retail therapy can be hungry work, so head to CDMX, home to what Time Out Melbourne’s food and drink writer has declared ‘the best tacos in the city’. Then settle in for a vinyl sesh at Waxflower – natural wine in hand, of course.

Plan your trip There’s always something going on at CERES, a sustainable oasis located alongside Merri Creek. Equal parts community garden, environmental education centre, urban farm and social enterprise hub, you can easily while away a whole day here. Check out their website for upcoming workshops and events.

Lol Brunswick East sucks.
Move over Brunswick, Fitzroy and Carlton – this eclectic (and increasingly cool) Northside neighbourhood is ready to emerge from the suburban shadows. Sandwiched between Lygon Street and the lush trails of Merri Creek, Brunswick East is fast emerging as a vibrant go-to hub for multicultural eateries, live music venues and cosy bars that you’ll find yourself returning to again and again. It’s serviced by two major tram lines, which makes for an easy hop between top-notch watering holes like Bahama Gold, Noisy Ritual and the B.East. Brunswick East today feels like a community-focused urban village – a far cry from the area’s industrial past, which can be seen in remnants of old textile factories.

The perfect day Kick-start your day the way all good Melburnians do, with coffee and carbs from the legends at Wild Life Bakery (pro tip: arrive early to snag a sourdough loaf for later). You’ll want to allow plenty of time to hit the shops, especially Lygon Street Nursery and Northcote Pottery Supplies (don’t let the name fool you, you’re still in the correct postcode). All that retail therapy can be hungry work, so head to CDMX, home to what Time Out Melbourne’s food and drink writer has declared ‘the best tacos in the city’. Then settle in for a vinyl sesh at Waxflower – natural wine in hand, of course.

Plan your trip There’s always something going on at CERES, a sustainable oasis located alongside Merri Creek. Equal parts community garden, environmental education centre, urban farm and social enterprise hub, you can easily while away a whole day here. Check out their website for upcoming workshops and events.
Apart from CERES everything else written just proves my point. Overrated af.

I lived in Brunswick West, it's boring as s**t. I do find it funny how everyone who lives there tries to convince everyone that they do in fact live in Brunswick though lol

I'd be miffed if I lived in Brunwick West too. In terms of transport, amenity, shopping strips etc, it's such a poor cousin of Brunswick and Brunswick East. I remember looking at a couple of places there when I moved to Melbourne based on the "Brunwick" name - I think it only took me 2 open for inspections to realise it was actually a mix of South Pascoe Vale South and East Moonee Ponds.

I lived in Brunswick West, it's boring as s**t. I do find it funny how everyone who lives there tries to convince everyone that they do in fact live in Brunswick though lol

I get it... I live about 200m past a very cool suburb, my suburb is just ho-hum. I always mention the cool suburb first! "I'm pretty much on the border of...."

B.East is the crappest place in the area. There are probably 25 bars within walking distance of it that are better

lived in brunswick west until about 6 weeks ago for about 8 years. it was delightfully boring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lived in brunswick west until about 6 weeks ago for about 8 years. it was delightfully boring
lived there for 3 years between 2009-2012. Lovely, quiet area with families. We had a huge fig tree, and lived next door to the mayor of Moreland

B.East is the crappest place in the area. There are probably 25 bars within walking distance of it that are better
Uncle Joe's Wine Bar

lived there for 3 years between 2009-2012. Lovely, quiet area with families. We had a huge fig tree, and lived next door to the mayor of Moreland
lived on brunswick road - apart from the traffic which was only really bad in peak hour, it was great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back