Prediction Your Draft Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

On Snoop Dogs phantom draft these are the players he picked: Just quickly some of the players who he looked past included O'Brien at 24, Petty at 35 and also Miers who he had going to Swans at 51. I'm so keen for this draft BTW
# 24 Geelong

LACHLAN FOGARTY – WESTERN JETS / MIDFIELDER & SMALL FWD/ 175CM

Had a stellar year this kid and I have really warmed to him as a prospect. Plays midfield at TAC level but I think he will start as a small forward and I think he will excel there. Only a little fella but gee he is tough and he loves the contest and getting his tackles in and applying pressure. Can hurt you offensively because he can take a mark, is really agile, has really nice skills and he makes decisions that hurt opposition teams.

Why / Who else

Cats have a few smaller forward types which is where I see him starting but he has that speed and tackle pressure I think a few of their incumbents lack. I could see him playing very quickly as whilst more a mid at junior level have seen him forward and is v good.

# 26 Geelong

ZAC BAILEY – NORWOOD & NT / MIDFIELDER /180CM

Is a player that has really risen up my ‘Board’ as the year has gone on and one that really impressed in the All Star game where he showed off all his best attributes. Really competitive player who loves being in the thick of it and winning the footy. Once he has got it he uses his elite speed to explode out of a stoppage and break the game open. He makes really good decisions and can release team mates into space or he will hold onto it deliver it to advantage further afield. When he get to AFL level and gets some size about him you wouldn’t want him having it 25-30 times in a game because he will hurt you. Reminds a little of a young Shane Crawford. Could play as a small forward early in his career as well.

Why / Who else

I think a quick mid is in need at the Cattery and he is a terrific one. Ling would be close to and Garner appeals as a player the Cats would like.

# 36 Geelong

NATHAN KRUEGER – SOUTH ADELAIDE / TALL FORWARD & UTILITY / 194cm

Another player who have enjoyed watching albeit havent seen as much as would like to. Had some really eye catching moments though through champs where he displayed great aerial ability, good hands, speed and ball use. I think he is probably going to end up as Jack Gunston like player but he needs to be in the game a bit more because he has a lot of talent. Terrific athlete and still looks a bit raw with a lot of upside.

Why / Who else

Could go Wooller but Krueger has a bit more on him athletically and I think that gets him ahead. Just as easily go a key defender but think they may look later. Ross might be a chance as well.

# 57 Geelong

OSCAR CLAVARINO– DANDENONG STINGRAYS / KEY DEFENDER / 196CM

Key defender who had a terrific game at Champs at Punt Road where he demonstrated all the things that draw you to him as a prospect. It was a game that put him on the map because his best is very good. Great size, good endurance, reads the play well which helps overcomes his lack of speed and hence he closes space reasonably well and is a really nice mark. I don’t mind his kicking but it probably needs to be cleaned up a bit and at times he can make some decisions that have you nervous. Having said that he likes to take the game on and you can’t penalise him too much for that as a club development system will work that out and bridge that gap between best and worst. Could be a terrific get this late in the draft. Isnt overly quick and hence has dropped back a bit in my rankings.

Love the grunt and competitiveness that a Fogarty/Bailey combo would bring. I think that sort of hardness is needed by us. I would have picked Houlahan at 36 rather than Krueger and Floyd at 57 rather than Clavarino.

O'Brien would be hard to pass up with our first but I'd be more than happy with Fogarty.

People rag on murdoch but he was an end of third rounder in a very compromised draft (gws took the best 17yos out of it plus had a heap of top 15 picks) and he will probably play 100 games. When you get a player of murdoch's level that is generally a good return for a pick like that.
We rag on him because he's consistently underwhelming, has no vision or composure and is merely a run and kick long type. The pick he was drafted at is irrelevant.

I can see both sides of the debate. In the end IF Nakia is correct , and Murdoch is flawed .. the issue is not having Murdoch , its that better players have not been able to push past him. He obviously has been persisted with because of pace and has other issues. I remember having a debate with someone once on Mensch ..same thing don't blame Mensch because we have drafted no one better

Perhaps Ling is that player but Id probably prefer someone who is obviously quick. Any idea on his combine numbers.

Last edited:
Love the grunt and competitiveness that a Fogarty/Bailey combo would bring. I think that sort of hardness is needed by us. I would have picked Houlahan at 36 rather than Krueger and Floyd at 57 rather than Clavarino.

O'Brien would be hard to pass up with our first but I'd be more than happy with Fogarty.
Id take OBrien... Duncan has shown that classy disposal will reward. The time last year OBrien was top10

Fair enough from what I've heard he won't last to your pick in the 30s

Ballard played CHF/HF the whole game I watched the whole thing, Houlahan played a ripper that game aswell at FF

No chance for Clark but O'Brien would be perfect

No, he did not and the vid you posted backs my view.

First appearance by Ballard @ 0:13 - on a fwd wing, not chf

And again @ 0:27, still out on a fwd wing

0:40 def 50, nice mark all the same

@ 0:56 mark by Ballard in the def 50

1:03 nice tackle in defence

1:15 Dash off 1/2 back by Ballard

1:27 kick was smothered in fwd 50 but did back it up

Dahlhaus was a rookie promotion so no...but Neale is one for sure. To be fair plenty picked earlier played zero games.
He was selected in the rookie draft which is after that of the National Draft and therefor after the position Murdoch was selected.

Id take OBrien... Duncan has shown that classy disposal will reward. The time last year OBrien was top10
He's the player I want.

He was selected in the rookie draft which is after that of the National Draft and therefor after the position Murdoch was selected.

He was selected in the 2010 rookie draft not 2011 he was merely elevated in 2011 (no one else could take him in 2011). We chose schroder over Dahlhaus not Murdoch.

He was selected in the 2010 rookie draft not 2011 he was merely elevated in 2011 (no one else could take him in 2011). We chose schroder over Dahlhaus not Murdoch.
Well then I hope you accept my apology Turbocat, I stand corrected.

Had my years wrong.

No, he did not and the vid you posted backs my view.

First appearance by Ballard @ 0:13 - on a fwd wing, not chf

And again @ 0:27, still out on a fwd wing

0:40 def 50, nice mark all the same

@ 0:56 mark by Ballard in the def 50

1:03 nice tackle in defence

1:15 Dash off 1/2 back by Ballard

1:27 kick was smothered in fwd 50 but did back it up
Ahh yes he did I watched the whole game mate not just the little highlights. You do know Forwards can lead up the ground right?

Ahh yes he did I watched the whole game mate not just the little highlights. You do know Forwards can lead up the ground right?
Hey mate where did O'Brien go in the BigFooty mock draft?

Before your first pick I know that much haha I'm pretty sure it was at Lions pick 18
Thanks mate. Lucky. ;)

I'm hoping he slips to 22 as unlikely as it appears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before your first pick I know that much haha I'm pretty sure it was at Lions pick 18

Brisbane at 18. Good thing is if he gets to 20 i cant see rich taking him (too similar to naish and they need talls) and wce might take kelly so he probably gets to 22. Reckon picks 16 and 18 main dangers with him.

I doubt we bid on Naish ... and I think McCartin may go earlier ... What does Ling bring that makes him push into the side. I think we will pick for difference before just a good solid player.

I think Wells sings Fleetwood mac to himself thru the draft ...

You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it
Another lonely day
You can go your own way
Go your own way

and Id almost say for sure ..some player thought of as a later pick will get called by him much earlier McCartin in the 20's ..wouldn't surprise me.

I am not your mate, though I do like a lot of your content and the 'little highlights' were taken from a vid you posted in this thread saying highlights of Ballard as a fwd.

The best examples I can quote as chf's that lead up the ground would be Riewoldt, in the last couple of seasons (Saints, formerly their FF) and Tom Lynch (Suns). I have time for Cameron (GWS) as well.

His fitness is a bit better but his off field professionalism (diet, recovery, still been missing training sessions with his club etc) are still significant issues which is why clubs are very hesitant on him. I reckon he will go late pick or rookie and to wce or freo only other clubs won't risk him.

Not sure where you're getting that mail From PO - but if it's true (and I'm told it's not)
He's kicked 70+ goals for the year as a small forward without even trying. If that's the case he should go Top 30

Not sure where you're getting that mail From PO - but if it's true (and I'm told it's not)
He's kicked 70+ goals for the year as a small forward without even trying. If that's the case he should go Top 30

It is spot on. There are reasons he was overlooked last year and particularly for vic clubs those haven't changed. I would be surprised if we were keen on him.

It is spot on. There are reasons he was overlooked last year and particularly for vic clubs those haven't changed. I would be surprised if we were keen on him.
Last year PO. He has improved significantly this year - anyway, not Gonna argue about it. He kicked 70+ goals this head. As a small forward who apparently doesn't train or recover. s**t. Imagine when he moved into the the house with Sav, Q and Brandon Parfitt. Hell be the next Leigh Matthews.

Did anyone pick us getting Parfitt last year? I'm not even going to try guessing our picks, my money is on someone not mentioned.

No club outside of WA is taking ryan with a top 50 pick he has professionalism issues and is a big chance to end up quitting. I would be staggered if we use 35 on him as you have suggested there.

Would be happy with Wooller and Kelly though.

Just heard the BAnderson add saying Ryan would be good fit for WA club..specifically WC with a pick in the 20's...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back