Strategy Your Magic Formula

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the Director of Football - Judd?
Very good. 8/10 for both. Just don't think his role is as close to thing as someone like McKay.

What other Director of Football or directors do you actually hear from elsewhere? He is obviously stepping up because of the short comings of others.

Very good. 8/10 for both. Just don't think his role is as close to thing as someone like McKay.

What other Director of Football or directors do you actually hear from elsewhere? He is obviously stepping up because of the short comings of others.

and that's what good clubs/businesses do. Play to each others strengths. I think we are handling the media well. JMO

and that's what good clubs/businesses do. Play to each others strengths. I think we are handling the media well. JMO
Only problem is Judd is a lot more part time than the other 3. So even with his good commentary it's more from afar than the others could give.

The board embarked on the rebuild and that on its own took courage.

The rebuild is not the issue, the issue is the rate of improvement from the youngsters, team cohesion, ball movement and game plan.

We have been going backwards and Brisbane is set to over take us with a worst list. Clubs that have gone through a rebuild such as Fremantle, North Melbourne and to a lesser extent Hawthorn are very competitive with minimal first round picks. The reason being is they have a superior coaching panel and superior senior coach.

They have a better list imo

Board - no issues , they have given SOS & Bolts the space they need.

Coach / Development - huge issues !! Example Weitering has gone backwards every year. I think our game plan is 1960s , go back and take your kick. Where is the run !!

Players - Cripps , Curnows x2 big ticks. Fisher ok ish , Simpson gives his all but it falls away from here. A bunch of high draft picks that may or may not make it !! Sorry Kreuzer but Phillips needs to 1st ruck. Get back Docherty , Marchbank , Pickett.

Please go after Wines , Gaff and / or Shiel !!

The only time AP is selected ahead of MK is when the tractor is in the shop for repairs. They can't reallt coexist in the same 22 either.

Wines has re-signed, hard to think Gaff would come to us unless we offer 7 figures a year over 5+ and Shiel is a FA next year so not sure why we'd go after him now, better off to use those picks at the draft or another trade (who won't hit FA 12 months later).

“I would like our players to shepard or block more for each other rather than look for the hand off”

This sums it up for me. Especially th kick out! I’ve seen under 12’s do this

Wait for a fit Kennedy back. He was doing a heap of that for Crippa at the stoppage prior to the ankle (albeit a small sample size in the JLT games & 25 minutes of AFL...)

Close but I prefer ours going forward. Good list but doesn't have the depth of young talent we have. At the moment they have better mature players but I expect us to go past them in the next 12-18 months
Under 23
BL: 23 players (inc. 2 rookies)
Car: 23 players (inc. 2 rookies)

Shown a lot so far
BL: Andrews, McCluggage, Witherden, Hipwood, Berry & Rayner at a stretch
Car: Curnow, Fisher, Marchbank, SPS (stretch) & JW (stretch)

Yep. How we aren't Premiership contenders by now with 23 youngsters under 21 and less than 30 games, having turned over 42 players starting from the lowest base possible and doing a complete rebuild is beyond me. The 66 game List Rebuild should have been completed in 10. Injuries to Docherty, Murphy, Willo, Marchbank and a heap of others are just a weak excuse. This club is pathetic. Sakc Bolton, MLG & SOS and let's start again. Bring back Elliott

:rolleyes:

Well said soap.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Under 23
BL: 23 players (inc. 2 rookies)
Car: 23 players (inc. 2 rookies)

Shown a lot so far
BL: Andrews, McCluggage, Witherden, Hipwood, Berry & Rayner at a stretch
Car: Curnow, Fisher, Marchbank, SPS (stretch) & JW (stretch)

fair to say i see things very differently

What a load of Crap!
The pure numbers are not crap. They've got the exact same depth of youth as us.

Quality is obviously subjective, don't think anyone bar a one-eyed carlton supporter has us with more that have shown something so far. I didn't include Williamson due to him not playing at all this year but even with him it's 6 each under 23 who have been very good for portions of their career to date

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pure numbers are not crap. They've got the exact same depth of youth as us.

Quality is obviously subjective, don't think anyone bar a one-eyed carlton supporter has us with more that have shown something so far. I didn't include Williamson due to him not playing at all this year but even with him it's 6 each under 23 who have been very good for portions of their career to date

I get sick of this "blue coloured glasses" BS. It's simply wrong. It's not about numbers, they are similar. I rate our younger players more than Brisbanes at this stage and I think Brisbanes are pretty good. Simple and without bias.

Now go away

Close but I prefer ours going forward. Good list but doesn't have the depth of young talent we have. At the moment they have better mature players but I expect us to go past them in the next 12-18 months
This has been said so many times and still people don't get it. Once the older players retire at Hawks, Freo and North we should overtake them and a few other clubs as well.

I get sick of this "blue coloured glasses" BS. It's simply wrong. It's not about numbers, they are similar. I rate our younger players more than Brisbanes at this stage and I think Brisbanes are pretty good. Simple and without bias.

Now go away
KPD: 1) Andrews 2) Marchbank 3) Weitering 4) McStay. VERDICT: Even
HBF: 1) Witherden 2) Williamson 3) Gardiner. VERDICT: BL
MID: 1) McCluggage 2) Fisher 3) Berry 4) SPS 5) Dow 6) Rayner 7) Kennedy 8) LOB 9) Bailey 10) Cunningham. VERDICT: BL
KPF: 1) Curnow 2) Hipwood 3) McKay 4) Kerr 5) Keays. VERDICT: Us
HFF/FP: 1) Pickett 2) JSOS 3) Polson. VERDICT: Us
Ruck: 1) Smith 2) De Koning. VERDICT: BL just because it's too early to tell

Overall it's very even between the two lists. They've got better older players and a fitter list which is why they look better than us. In terms of youth and depth the only area you could say we've got better quality is up forward

McKay: 3/10 when he speaks & 8/10 for frequency

Seems to me you are letting your personal dislike of McKay get in the way of giving him a fair go tbh. There is no way his communication level is 3/10.

He's not a showman in front of the media and the information he presents is pretty dry and uninteresting (eg/ injury updates) but he always presents professionally and communicates well.

Seems to me you are letting your personal dislike of McKay get in the way of giving him a fair go tbh. There is no way his communication level is 3/10.

He's not a showman in front of the media and the information he presents is pretty dry and uninteresting (eg/ injury updates) but he always presents professionally and communicates well.
I've seen other footy ops guys not be as ordinary as McKay. Guys like Josh Mahoney, Geoff Walsh & Graham Wright

criticizing a person's performance by comparing them to the best is easy - true, we need to strive to be the best in everything on and off the field - mckay does little to enthuse but in all honesty he has had little to work with - nothing but an endless stream of injuries (and re-injuries) to report - it is his (and by extension the club's) lack of transparency that irks lots of fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back