Unofficial Preview Your Player to Watch in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis Jetta

Has had a good preseason and looks ready to provide the outside run we recruited him for

His importance to our side is reflected in the fact that we don't really have anyone else on our list with his skill set. In a relatively one paced midfield his speed helps break lines and he can open up a defence with his penetrating disposal by foot. He's also capable of kicking goals as a midfielder which again is something our midfield has struggled to do

It was anticipated that he'd bring those traits in 2016 but it didn't happen for a variety of reasons throwing into question the value of the trade that brought him to west coast.

A fit and fitting Jetts in 2017 can elevate our midfield and capitalise fully on the inside work of the Brownlow duo

Lewis Jetta

Has had a good preseason and looks ready to provide the outside run we recruited him for

His importance to our side is reflected in the fact that we don't really have anyone else on our list with his skill set. In a relatively one paced midfield his speed helps break lines and he can open up a defence with his penetrating disposal by foot. He's also capable of kicking goals as a midfielder which again is something our midfield has struggled to do

It was anticipated that he'd bring those traits in 2016 but it didn't happen for a variety of reasons throwing into question the value of the trade that brought him to west coast.

A fit and fitting Jetts in 2017 can elevate our midfield and capitalise fully on the inside work of the Brownlow duo
This is the type of response I was looking for when I made this thread.

No wonder this guy is the POTY Ochre .

Mark Lecras

With a more defined role (hopefully) and the threat of finishing his career without the ultimate team success, I expect Lecras to be at his creative best and show the fans what he's capable of after letting a lot of people down last year. Creating opportunities for others is one of his best attributes and his football brain will help him outsmart defenders for his own personal gain, as well as that of his forward line team mates. I don't expect his goal kicking accuracy to ever return to his best but I think he's capable of kicking 40+ and helping JK in back-back-back coleman medals with his forward delivery and unselfish leading patterns.
Needs to step up and become that miracle goal kicker we've needed when the heat is on, he definitely has the kicking talent and first touch ability to buy himself time when it comes to getting ground balls off for a quick snap. The pressure of Rioli for spots can only be beneficial in the long run.

Wanted to say Duggan but am afraid his interrupted pre-season may halt him for the very early part of the season.

Nelson for me.

Butler has been a champ but the one thing that has stopped him has been his body which hasn't allowed him to rotate into the midfield during a game and that is something i think Nelson is capable of doing. Nelson has shown some improvement over the last 3 JLT games to suggest he is capable of a full time gig in the team.

Nelson for me.

Butler has been a champ but the one thing that has stopped him has been his body which hasn't allowed him to rotate into the midfield during a game and that is something i think Nelson is capable of doing. Nelson has shown some improvement over the last 3 JLT games to suggest he is capable of a full time gig in the team.

That would be Lord Nelson to you pleb.

"No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy."

Got to be the Dugg,

I think people forget how much he burst on to the scene in his debut season. If he can go back to that base and ramp up his production, I still think he can be anything. That being said, now is the time... Let's just hope he stays injury free and gets a good run at it. It looks like we are going to be working with a much higher possession game style, (probably courtesy of Hickmottt and Mitchell) I really think that will help bring him into the game and in time allow him to generate more of his own footy. In my opinion is exactly the kind of player to compliment the established mids.

The man, the myth, the legend.

Liam Duggan

Due to an interrupted pre-season he'll start slow, but this will be the season we all look back to in about 5-7 years and say stuff like "hey, cut *new young recruit* some slack. Remember, we all said the same thing about Duggan in 2016, but we saw his potential early and now he's a Norm Smith and Brownlow medallist!"

Lewis Jetta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis Jetta

avishka5 this is why I voted for this guy for POTY.

Mitchell, Jetta, Redden, Duggan, Sheed, Wellingham are all going to improve our midfield and that is why I'm picking the bearded god to kick 100+ goals including a match winning bag on GF day.

Mitchell, Jetta, Redden, Duggan, Sheed, Wellingham are all going to improve our midfield and that is why I'm picking the bearded god to kick 100+ goals including a match winning bag on GF day.
Don't want to be pedantic but I did highlight the bit where I said one player. Which player out of that list are you the most keen about.

do people actually think they are funny fu*kers naming some obscure failure from years gone by?
you're just making yourselves look like a douche fiddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back