Universal Love Zak Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope its just a case of waiting for the CBA announcement, we are stuffed if we lose Jones as we will likely get **** all for him especially if he nominates Melbourne.
Agreed. It's pretty rare to get to this stage of the season and get a signature though. Seems like 90% of the time they go.

Agreed. It's pretty rare to get to this stage of the season and get a signature though. Seems like 90% of the time they go.
Watching him today,seems like he has the desire to be part of the bloods culture. The way he busted through the lines today was special. Even though it was
only Brisbane, im sure alot of younger players would have noted his sometimes reckless desire to push forward. When he got his goal i cheered so much!
Because this guy is one of our younger leaders into the future! What exactly is his contract status???

Watching him today,seems like he has the desire to be part of the bloods culture. The way he busted through the lines today was special. Even though it was
only Brisbane, im sure alot of younger players would have noted his sometimes reckless desire to push forward. When he got his goal i cheered so much!
Because this guy is one of our younger leaders into the future! What exactly is his contract status???

Out of contract at the end of the year.

I would be filthy if we lost him

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about Jones not being signed up yet. Listening to the presser, I got the impression Longmire isn't. He's talking about him having a consistent season, providing leadership and drive amongst the group...yep, I doubt he'll be going anywhere! Like his brother, he loves HIS club!

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about Jones not being signed up yet. Listening to the presser, I got the impression Longmire isn't. He's talking about him having a consistent season, providing leadership and drive amongst the group...yep, I doubt he'll be going anywhere! Like his brother, he loves HIS club!
hope your right, but i dont have a good feeling. He is crucial, no other player on our list is capable of doing what he done today. imo that was a better game than heeney has ever played thus far

So we've had a number of great club men leave off signing/doing deals post/pre season. JPK, Hannas, Jack.

But when a young player holds off it's always a worry.

Just like Tom Mitchell wasnt going anywhere right?

He loves the club, loves the surf and the Sydney lifestyle. But money talks, sign him up. It will be a disaster if he leaves.

Just like Tom Mitchell wasnt going anywhere right?
Who? The guy that opened up a position for Jones to play in? Jones is the guy that'll wear his heart on his sleeve and not in his back pocket like Tom did. There's a collective bargaining agreement happening, we need to know what is going on with that before signing mid range players (not that they won't be elite) on our 'at present' skinny salary cap. That's where they differ but that's ok, there's no need for you to concern yourself with any other parameters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who? The guy that opened up a position for Jones to play in? Jones is the guy that'll wear his heart on his sleeve and not in his back pocket like Tom did. There's a collective bargaining agreement happening, we need to know what is going on with that before signing mid range players (not that they won't be elite) on our 'at present' skinny salary cap. That's where they differ but that's ok, there's no need for you to concern yourself with any other parameters!

Piss off with that. Tom Mitchell tried his guts out every time he put the jumper on.

Players only have 10 or so years to make money and set up your life, its not Toms fault we couldn't offer him what he was worth. TBH if i saw a player like Tippett get double the money for half the output that i gave, i wouldnt be putting my hand up for a pay cut either.

Agree, until the CBA has been announce we shouldn't give up hope yet.

Piss off with that. Tom Mitchell tried his guts out every time he put the jumper on.

Players only have 10 or so years to make money and set up your life, its not Toms fault we couldn't offer him what he was worth. TBH if i saw a player like Tippett get double the money for half the output that i gave, i wouldnt be putting my hand up for a pay cut either.

Agree, until the CBA has been announce we shouldn't give up hope yet.
Did you even watch the game yesterday, let alone this year? So loyalty doesn't come into it? Hmm, brother Nathan had offers from elsewhere, Pendlebury, Heeney, Hannebery, Parker, Cotchin, Reiwoldt(s), Cameron, Pavlich, etc...
The list goes on and on, but it's the character of a person and Jones screams loyalty!

Hope your right Mick but can understand others concerns. Horse clearly rates him in the media which rarely did with Tom so that's a big positive.

Hope your right Mick but can understand others concerns. Horse clearly rates him in the media which rarely did with Tom so that's a big positive.
Looking back, that appears true. I think a few on here have said they had a 'testy' relationship, possibly because they knew Tom's intentions, who knows!

Did you even watch the game yesterday, let alone this year? So loyalty doesn't come into it? Hmm, brother Nathan had offers from elsewhere, Pendlebury, Heeney, Hannebery, Parker, Cotchin, Reiwoldt(s), Cameron, Pavlich, etc...
The list goes on and on, but it's the character of a person and Jones screams loyalty!

Well if his brother was loyal then he must be staying.

Maybe his brother was loyal to the city, thought you didnt like guessing

Well if his brother was loyal then he must be staying.

Maybe his brother was loyal to the city, thought you didnt like guessing
I'm not guessing, I'm second guessing...isn't that your modus operandi? Also, all the examples I have given have been reported as fact!

How was that a reply to what i said?

His brother doesn't love his club so much anymore since they moved the kid born with a silver sherrin in his nappy into the co-captaincy. Maybe we should recruit the big brother
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ne-demons-captaincy-move-20170320-gv2k4k.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back