Universal Love Zak Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Paul Williams. He wore the #10 in the 2005 Grand Final

paul_williams_narrowweb__300x510,0.jpg

This is Mitch Morton. He wore #10 in the 2012 Grand Final
MORTON%20Mitch.png

Nobody wore #10 in the 1996, 2006 and 2014 Grand Finals

I think Jones needs to stay in the team for the rest of the year.

MORTON%20Mitch.png

In that case I better start the Zak Jones retirement thread for about this time next year:eek::p

Zac. Please be watching.... Curb your enthusiasm.

I like him, but he gave away another silly 50 on top of the one against the Tigers, he shouldn't do that.

I like him, but he gave away another silly 50 on top of the one against the Tigers, he shouldn't do that.

The Tigers one was unforgivable. This one, however, I understood. It was a clear push in the back against the Lions which wasn't paid. My assessment was that Jones was attempting to get the ball back assuming it was our kick.

The Tigers one was unforgivable. This one, however, I understood. It was a clear push in the back against the Lions which wasn't paid. My assessment was that Jones was attempting to get the ball back assuming it was our kick.

Both were just dumb. I have to think he will rub that s**t out of his game but they were both truly dumb.

Otherwise, he played a solid game, it seems pretty clear that he's bring groomed for Shaw's spot but I thought Shaw played a pretty decent game too (other than that horrendous clanger).

I understand Longmire moving McVeigh to HF/wing because he wants our ball use going inside 50 to be better, but it seems like we need one of Lloyd, McVeigh and Jetta to be behind the ball to rebound effectively. They are the three guys who I trust to make good decisions more of than than not and in turn execture the skill effectively under pressure (lord knows we can't trust Shaw, Grundy, Rampe, Richards to do it - they can hit targets under no pressure and Smith, Laidler can pull off good things under pressure at times, but none of them are go to ball users like the previous three are) so it would seem having Lloyd on a wing, Jetta at HF and McVeigh at HB would be a pretty good way of ordering them in theory on each line.

Both were just dumb. I have to think he will rub that s**t out of his game but they were both truly dumb.

Otherwise, he played a solid game, it seems pretty clear that he's bring groomed for Shaw's spot but I thought Shaw played a pretty decent game too (other than that horrendous clanger).

I understand Longmire moving McVeigh to HF/wing because he wants our ball use going inside 50 to be better, but it seems like we need one of Lloyd, McVeigh and Jetta to be behind the ball to rebound effectively. They are the three guys who I trust to make good decisions more of than than not and in turn execture the skill effectively under pressure (lord knows we can't trust Shaw, Grundy, Rampe, Richards to do it - they can hit targets under no pressure and Smith, Laidler can pull off good things under pressure at times, but none of them are go to ball users like the previous three are) so it would seem having Lloyd on a wing, Jetta at HF and McVeigh at HB would be a pretty good way of ordering them in theory on each line.

I completely agree. I think it's time for McVeigh to move to HB. I can't see how we can possibly rebound effectively by just swapping Jones for Shaw.

Shaw seemed to spend more time playing that Jetta/McVeigh role as a link between defense/half forward and did well. He can still take the game on and create without the horrible consequences from his mistakes.

Didnt bother me as much this week. felt he played the ball

The free should of been paid to smith, lions close to goal anyway

But still you would think week after that last 50 you would be cautious.

Suspect this will be an ongoing issue, he needs to ensure the good outweighs the bad, i can live with the odd 50 if his aggression brings positives

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MORTON%20Mitch.png

image.jpg

Forgetting poor Ossie Bertram from 1933

Have glossed over the Sth Melbourne days a bit, because even though 1945, 1935, 1933, 1914 and 1912 fit the story, 1936, 1934, and 1918 don't.
Players didn't wear numbers in 1909, 1907 and 1899.

I don't count 1918 and 1945 either as they are war years. 1914 is okay though as even though that was a war year as well only in the last part of it and none of our guys were over there that early.

You can tell jones is the sort of bloke that will make us pull our hair out at times. He is an intense individual,he is passionate and he lets his emotions get the better of him. However he would happily bleed for the club and thats the most important thing for me.

Put him on Cyril or Breust for a while, and tell him to rough them up with some good, honest "unsociable" footy. A sneaky Sam Mitchell corky to one of them would be worth the $1000 fine.

Love his aggression. He'll give a few frees away, but he'll learn, and then he's going to be an absolute nightmare to play against if you're a small forward.

Great early signs from Jones, just needs to control his emotions and cut out the dumb 50s from his game, but I agree its time for shaw to make way for him in our best 22

He was one of our better players on Sunday (though perhaps that's not saying a lot), one stupid 50 and a turnover without pressure but otherwise solid. Like his aggression.

He just needs to be careful he can control it all.

I saw plenty of Brissie players go to him and start to push and shove knowing they will get a reaction. He doesn't want to be "that guy" you can put off and stop his focus by being in his face. Sort of like what Crowley used to do to Jack.

Still young but hard.

He is a football player not some namby pamby with a skillset that looks good on a recruiting sheet. Just plays footy and belts blokes. Give me 21 more please.

Love him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back