Ziebell on 3AW Sports Today in a few minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

He was interviewed on 5AA tonight as well, and he spoke really well. Spoke of the way he has fitted in well, loved the club, and was pleased to have got the win on the weekend. Said Simmo and Boomer had worked with him over pre season etc. Deflected and handle the usual chicken gate questions well. Great stuff Jack!

Had to take a phone call - bugga! :mad: How did he go?

Sorry mate, I only heard the last couple of minutes of the interview.

Russell was asking about him playing for the Wodonga seniors as a kid and if it helped him to adjust to playing AFL and if it also helped him to dominate in the TAC Cup.

Jack gave the stock standard yeah answer but went on to say the biggest help in him adjusting to AFL is actually having a full preseason under his belt, which has really helped his fitness. Said he wasn't the fittest bloke going round, but has improved a lot in this area.

That was about it.

He sounded like a ten year veteran with his poise and the way he answered the questions in general. Just like on the field, he was composed and not too fussed.

He scores massive points for not calling Derwayne a complete and utter f**** hack & a North Melbourne troll.:thumbsu:

Yea I can't remember it all but he has got a couple of the cliches down pat already.

-Loved mentioning that "it was good to get the win".
-Collingwood supporter as a kid and Nathan Buckley was his hero. Obviously doesn't go for them anymore "unfortunately".
-Works closely with Simmo and learns a lot because they play similar roles.
-Had an injury interrupted year in 2008 and didn't do much training so he needs to work on conditioning.
-He thinks playing against men at a young age might have helped the transition a bit but not that much.

i heard the first half hour and waited for them to bring up the rising star and they never mentioned Jay Z being one of the guests.
switch cuz i had enough of Caro for the night!!
saw his presser on roo-tube his just awesome on and off the field.
well done mate!!!!!!!!!
his work rate is unbelievable.
everytime he makes an error u r guaranteed his in the next contest ready to make amends. u can't teach that stuff.
soooo bloody exciting to have him run around in the blue and white :D.
i love the guy.

When he spoke of needing the preseason, just past, under his belt as his endurance and fitness was far from his strength, he actually went on to say that "it's actually my first ever pre season!" Just think what this guy will be like with another couple under his belt!

He comes from a background of playing footy at school, and a bit of local footy and of course U18's. He loves the joint.

I loved when he was asked if he STILL barracked for the Pies, after they'd discussed the fact he grew up idolising Nathan Buckley, and he responded with a very quick "Nup".

Jack Ziebell is the truth!

I believe an impromptu Facebook poll has come down against 'The Truth'.

Luckily none of us use facebook, cos we'd be pi$$ed off enough to bring down the naysayers on said poll if we did!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back