News Rucci: Travis Boak may or may not renew contract at Port Adelaide (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he stays now the mancrush will be stronger than ever.

If he invited Scott, Bartel and Selwood over just to tell them how happy he is at the PAFC I'll be pretty chuffed

Also in TSW we trust

Scott and Bartell in Adelaide to talk to Boak

Does this mean that we are still alive in discussions ?

I think it means we are more likely to keep him at this stage but the race is still open.

^ I agree, I would think they're do it for a bit of fun, knowing it's all good - it'd be a bit embarrassing to do it, have all the supporters come out, and then have him say ..nah

I've been laughing at the mental image of Boak walking into a massive 'please stay!' party for him with players and supporters and deadpanning '... nah' with the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme in the background for about a minute.

I've been laughing at the mental image of Boak walking into a massive 'please stay!' party for him with players and supporters and deadpanning '... nah' with the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme in the background for about a minute.

Boak goes to Primus and does this:

Jeesus! If it turns out to be true that one of his sisters has made a last ditch trip to Adelaide to convince him to return home and he's still resisted, then massive respect. :hearts:

I know it's still too early to call, but if he does stay after what appears to be a full tilt campaign from some of his family and the Geelong FCC, you would have to think he is committed to Port Adelaide fairly long term. Trying not to get my hopes up too much though.

I'm pretty sure we didn't send our coach and some players over when negotiating with Ebert, Carr, etc. One thing for a meeting with an official, quite another to send a playing group over.

Really, you don't think Bucky and Choco didn't meet with Pavlich the week leading up to our game agaist Fremantle in perth, when was it 02 or 03?

Every club does it. Geelong were probably a tad niaive thinking that the 3 highest profile people associated with their club could slip into Adelaide and no one would recognize them.

Never know, maybe they just came over to visit their old mates Sando and Milburn......

I hope this question doesn't come off as offensive, it's not intended to be, but do you all actually think Melbourne will offer pick 4 for Boak? Pick 4 may align itself to his worth to you but I would've thought his market value is less than that. ('Having said that' alert) Having said that, I haven't seen as much of his play as you all have.

Well, you guys think Menzel is a superstar so don't come in here with your biased bulls**t. I got a feeling that if he does want to leave, Geelong will be the last club he is going to.

Jeesus! If it turns out to be true that one of his sisters has made a last ditch trip to Adelaide to convince him to return home and he's still resisted, then massive respect. :hearts:

Is that the same sister that was getting a free ticket from the club to fly over to Adelaide and watch Travis play? I think she can count herself out of the Qantas lounge in the future!

It reeks of Geelong using Boaks family to persuade him to return. Who wants to put a bet on that the Geelong club paid for the ticket to Adelaide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS:

Hope you guys realize that the "Sign John Butcher" night was actually done the night after John had signed, it just hadn't been announced yet.

Perhaps this is what Butch meant when he said they had already been beaten ;).

Surely if Butch is actually referring to Geelong here and Trav leaves us it's pretty unprofessional. Has to know something surely and is just taking the piss.

I still maintain he shouldn't be Captainnn. If I was a player I wouldn't really want to go into battle.

Depends how long he signs for for mine.

If he signs for 2 years and we know we are going to go through this all over again with free agency involved then there is no way we could make him captain.

If he signs for 4-5 years then he is in the mix.

Surely if Butch is actually referring to Geelong here and Trav leaves us it's pretty unprofessional. Has to know something surely and is just taking the piss.
I think its just taking the piss.... it was in the context of banter between the players.

Is that the same sister that was getting a free ticket from the club to fly over to Adelaide and watch Travis play? I think she can count herself out of the Qantas lounge in the future!...?

Not bagging his family here but part of me can't help but think.. that young girls love attention, and hanging around AFL players/clubs is right up there, so I wonder what lil Sister's motivation is (and if it is a little self centered)?

How would the media - Rucci or Robinson - know what Boak's sister was saying?

All indications to date are that the family has told him to make his own decision, hence the delay. If they had begged him to come back - and if there was some issue as some have been speculating - he would have committed to go back home.

Really think that any speculation on players family should be left out of these forums.

Funnily enough almost all of the speculation with regard to family has been done by the media. This board has for the most part been respectful of Boak's family.

I would find it hard to believe that the cats would send that brigade down to adelaide the day after their loss to the pies (missing some recovery/footage review sessions) if they thought Boak was a good chance to go to Geelong. Seems more of a last ditch effort tbh. Additionally, maybe Boak's sister was in Adelaide as she knew Boak would be staying here and is looking for a job here to be closer to him? I only need to add the magic words of 'it is understood' before my suggestions and I could be a crapvertiser 'journalist' too!

I would find it hard to believe that the cats would send that brigade down to adelaide the day after their loss to the pies (missing some recovery/footage review sessions) if they thought Boak was a good chance to go to Geelong. Seems more of a last ditch effort tbh. Additionally, maybe Boak's sister was in Adelaide as she knew Boak would be staying here and is looking for a job here to be closer to him? I only need to add the magic words of 'it is understood' before my suggestions and I could be a crapvertiser 'journalist' too!

It is understood or sources close to the player= Advertiser journalist.

The media really has sunk to a new low with how they have reported on this whole fiasco.

Meanwhile down the road Big Kurt hasn't signed and we don't even hear a trickle in the ocean...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back