Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

My first post. After finding this site last year and lurking I've now jumped on the bandwagon and joined. Actually I jumped on the bandwagon back in the '60s. I started going to the footy in 1965 when it was two shillings for juniors to get in. I would line up in the kids' line and when the gates opened at 11:00 would race, rug under my arm to get a seat and mind it for the rest of my family. I got my first membership ticket in 1966. I have followed the Cats through glorious wins and disappointments, but am really enjoying how our team have been playing in recent years and looking forward to a good 2013.

My first post. After finding this site last year and lurking I've now jumped on the bandwagon and joined. Actually I jumped on the bandwagon back in the '60s. I started going to the footy in 1965 when it was two shillings for juniors to get in. I would line up in the kids' line and when the gates opened at 11:00 would race, rug under my arm to get a seat and mind it for the rest of my family. I got my first membership ticket in 1966. I have followed the Cats through glorious wins and disappointments, but am really enjoying how our team have been playing in recent years and looking forward to a good 2013.

Well welcome and I love your avi !! Looks great. Looks like we are similar generations ( I may be a little older ) so its been a great decade to watch. We both know the painful years as well....

Don't be shy!

Nic - your work is amazing. I saw some of it & thought that it was an official GFC production.

Now that I know that it's a work of true passion, I am all that more in awe of it. You should be getting some serious financial renumeration for the quality of your vision and output.

All due kudos, and welcome (and to you as well, Lloyd - may the Catlove never fade for you, mate).

Wow, thanks heaps! No higher honour than somebody thinking it was done by the professionals...

Well welcome and I love your avi !! Looks great. Looks like we are similar generations ( I may be a little older ) so its been a great decade to watch. We both know the painful years as well....

Don't be shy!

Thanks David. It's getting easier to forget the painful years with all the good things happening (or maybe old age is helping ;) .)

Don't be shy!
I think I'm the same generation too! And as one of our fellow Big Footy Geelong Board friends said of me - an old cat on heat lol :p
Welcome Feline!

LOL They'd better not say that about me or they'll get a cyber smack around the ears. :D
Thanks for the welcome.
LMAO :D "cyber smack around the ears" - am soooo stealing that ;)

Hey everyone.. I don't post to often around here I'm normally just lurking around the Guernsey and Memorabilia threads.. Love seeing what other collectors have got and always looking to add to my collection aswell.. Being from SA I was raised as a Crows supporter but I loved watching Ablett Snr as a kid and once I was old enough to realise I didn't have to barrack for the same team as my parents I jumped on the Cats and have stuck with them since.. My parents took me to my first game when I was 11 in 1996 v Adelaide so I could watch Ablett play.. Unfortunately for me he smacked a bloke in the chops the week before and was suspended for 5 games so I never got to watch him play.. However there is a bloke by with the same name who I've been lucky enough to see plenty of over the past 10 years.. Loving the new wave of young Cats coming through and looking forward to 2013 and beyond.. Go Cats..

Hey all,

Actually just noticed this thread..
I have been around for a while, used to frequent the bay and a couple of other forum sites but pretty much stick to here now.
I'm all in for a meet and greet before the 1st night game at KP, was actually thinking about posting something about it the other day, moving to Geelong in a month or so and have my seat organised at Skilled for the year, just got a solo seat as my 1st time doing it and none of my mates would join up so I will be keen to socialize and meet some new folks :thumbsu:

I have a couple from here on my twitter... well i think a couple, have Ninty for sure, and of course the brilliant BigFooty cats... anyone else feel free to follow me @_willo_ I generally tweet nonsense but could be handy for sorting out pre-bevs at some stage as well!

Hey all, just noticed this thread so figured I'd throw an intro out there!

Most of you know me from this forum or the Bay but I'm a Geelong local, have supported the Cats since I was 9 and been a member since I was 10 (start in 1992, so I became a member at a pretty good time) I did also go to the 89 GF but dont remember much about it, apparently I was too busy kicking the footy with some kids behind the stands instead of watching the game :D

I used to go to most games, almost all in Victoria up to 2006 when I moved to Adelaide for work for 4.5 years (what timing :mad:) although during the 07 and 08 years I did fly back probably 3 times a month, it cost me a damn fortune!

I'm married with 1 (BEAUTIFUL) daughter (almost 3), I'm 30 so not as "well aged" as some of the finer posters around :p
Also I work for V/Line so any train questions feel free to shoot me a PM (although complaints will be dealt with a typical "pfft I dont give a sh!t!") although note I'm not a gunzel, infact the complete opposite so I'll only know things that I actually have to deal or work with on a daily basis.

GO CATS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I work for V/Line so any train questions feel free to shoot me a PM (although complaints will be dealt with a typical "pfft I dont give a sh!t!") although note I'm not a gunzel, infact the complete opposite so I'll only know things that I actually have to deal or work with on a daily basis.

GO CATS!

Typical bullshit non-helpful Public Transport worker response. :rolleyes: :p

I'm go glad I get to drive my car to work. Would rather be stuck in traffic anyday than put up with the stuff PT commuters have to endure.

Typical bullshit non-helpful Public Transport worker response. :rolleyes: :p

I'm go glad I get to drive my car to work. Would rather be stuck in traffic anyday than put up with the stuff PT commuters have to endure.

Lol maybe :p
Actually we do a pretty good service for the budget we are given, but we are FAR from perfect and have many negatives.
I'm glad I drive to work aswell, but I'm 10 mins away so it kinda doesnt count, if I was working in Melbourne though I'd take the train every single time.

Not my first post here, but an early one. Noticed we have a few Sydney Cats etc, well I'm a southern NSW Cat, have been since my mum wrapped a blue and white scarf around my neck in 1963. I'm a Cats 11 game member even though I can't get to every game but getting to a few finals always makes it worthwhile.

Not my first post here, but an early one. Noticed we have a few Sydney Cats etc, well I'm a southern NSW Cat, have been since my mum wrapped a blue and white scarf around my neck in 1963. I'm a Cats 11 game member even though I can't get to every game but getting to a few finals always makes it worthwhile.

Good to see you putting yourself forward. NSW supporters a precious!!

Better plan a trip south this coming September!

Hi all
My inaugural post
I Have followed Geelong from the early 80's but my real love for them was cemented (along with my hatred of all things Hawthorn) in the September of 1989.
Currently housebound in the outer east of Melbourne, I have been an occasional viewer of this and similar sites but now have the time to do more than just watch.
Reading back on this it reads a bit like the start of an AA meeting. Hi my name is Nick and I am a cats fan.
I have been footy free since last Friday and it has been hell!

Hi all
My inaugural post
I Have followed Geelong from the early 80's but my real love for them was cemented (along with my hatred of all things Hawthorn) in the September of 1989.
Currently housebound in the outer east of Melbourne, I have been an occasional viewer of this and similar sites but now have the time to do more than just watch.
Reading back on this it reads a bit like the start of an AA meeting. Hi my name is Nick and I am a cats fan.

Better have a beer then!! :thumbsu:

Welcome :))

Hi all
My inaugural post
Welcome,Here's Johnny

Intercontinental Rialto hey? Hmmmmmm

Do you want to buy a bridge?
Ooh yes please! I could give it to some Hawthorn fans I know - might help them get over a few things. Nah - in seriousness - I stay with my brother at Bacchus Marsh and come in by train :) Always impossible to get accommodation in the last week before the Granny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back