Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny living here. You see em all over the place. As I have said before they are generally friendly but reserved and the locals leave em alone.

I can remember the famous number 5 could not walk out the door without being mobbed by kids.

I can remember the famous number 5 could not walk out the door without being mobbed by kids.
He used to come into work when he was driving a truck for Hoveys and he was a lovely bloke, always up for a chat. I remember walking down Torquay beach in the early 90s with the family and having GAS land horizontally at my feet taking a blinder of a catch playing beach cricket. "Sorry mate" with a sheepish smile was all I got. Meanwhile I was spasming!

Pity the demons got him.

Welcome to BF! Ray Card spent some time after footy owning and running the Birregurra pub west of Geelong. Tough but a pretty good bloke apparently. Grieg anyone?
meet him when i was a young fella a nice bloke i believe he holds the record for cans drunk on team bus from vfl park could someone confirm shirtfront on Grieg would have to be one of the hardest hit i have seen

meet him when i was a young fella a nice bloke i believe he holds the record for cans drunk on team bus from vfl park could someone confirm shirtfront on Grieg would have to be one of the hardest hit i have seen

Would have been suspended for many moons had he been playing today. I remember that Ray Card hit quite well. He was a tough player who ran in straight lines. Not unlike Rooke in that respect but no where near as skilled as Max.

Anyway welcome C20.

Punctuation helps! Great hit on Grieg, pity it wasn't some mongrel he hit though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

Tend to read a lot of what going on here re. Cats and footy in general, people seem to be very cluey esp. the Cats board.

Anyway thought I'd join. Cats supporter for 25 years. Member for 6 or so years. Started going for Cats because of GA Snr. Favourite player is Jimmy but rally liking what the young guys are doing this year. Hope I can contribute to discussion at some stage. :thumbsu:

Hey guys,

Tend to read a lot of what going on here re. Cats and footy in general, people seem to be very cluey esp. the Cats board.

Anyway thought I'd join. Cats supporter for 25 years. Member for 6 or so years. Started going for Cats because of GA Snr. Favourite player is Jimmy but rally liking what the young guys are doing this year. Hope I can contribute to discussion at some stage. :thumbsu:

welcome aboard MF Luder ! :)

Hey guys,

Welcome MFL!

GO CATS 2013 PREMIERS WHO CARES ABOUT COLLINGWOOD BEATING US WE HAD 6 GUNS OUT

I think your caps lock is stuck on, son.

Collingwood had some significant outs also, so it's a bit poor to talk about the 6 'guns' we had missing - suck up the loss, there's still a long way to go before we're in any kind of position to challenge for the 2013 flag.

Been around here for 2 years now but never got the chance to introduce myself properly, bit rude of me really.

17 years old and live near Geelong. Been a Cats supporter for life (since I can remember at least, first memories of footy start around 1998/99-ish) and paid up member for 10 years now. The story of how I came to support Geelong isn't really anything special- lived in the Geelong area all my life and most of my family/friends are Cat fans (well, except mum who was a Carlton supporter to begin with but has since turncoated to Geelong- to think I could've supported another team!).

Dad started taking me to games at Kardinia Park as a young kid and I guess the Cats just clicked for me. Have ridden all the ups and downs since, although it's probably not a patch on some of the older supporters here who were alive to see things such as spending 2 decades in the wilderness before being perennial runners up in the 1990's, Ablett Snr at his very best, suburban grounds at their finest, etc.

For some time now, I've been threatening to arrange a meet and greet lol Well, I've done it - the official - maybe not 'official' official - meeting is being arranged -

Cats -v- Suns
First night game at KP - 1 June 2013

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...v-suns-1-june-2013-lets-get-together.1007357/

Suggestions on where to meet are welcome, because I don't know many Geelong watering holes ;)

All welcome and look forward to meeting Big Footy Cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back