Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sug
For some time now, I've been threatening to arrange a meet and greet lol Well, I've done it - the official - maybe not 'official' official - meeting is being arranged -

Cats -v- Suns
First night game at KP - 1 June 2013

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...v-suns-1-june-2013-lets-get-together.1007357/

Suggestions on where to meet are welcome, because I don't know many Geelong watering holes ;)

All welcome and look forward to meeting Big Footy Cats!
Suggested Cremorne down the road from the ground a couple of times. The boys' preferred casual watering hole.

Sug
Suggested Cremorne down the road from the ground a couple of times. The boys' preferred casual watering hole.
OK - The Edge was also suggested, but it's usually so over-crowded on normal footy days, so will be bursting for our first night game.
Are you going to the first night game allrighty?

OK - The Edge was also suggested, but it's usually so over-crowded on normal footy days, so will be bursting for our first night game.
Are you going to the first night game allrighty?
Not in town I will be interstate. I am sure you will have many toms hanging out with you. Enjoy! Cremorne may be busy too, one of the locals could check out what thy think at the pub.

Wouldn't really recommend The Edge TBH, rather overpriced and didn't think much of the food the last time I went there. Plus it's miles away from the ground.

Might've considered coming along to a meet and greet if I didn't already have plans for the GC game and was of legal drinking age (could always just have a lemon squash or coke though :D).

Who the hell said Edge?

That is by the water front (even further out than Bended) and waaaaay over priced.

Only go to Edge when we win the premiership...
A Melbourne friend, who I meet for pre-game drinkies suggested it. I like Lingy's Edge and it's close to Geelong Sheraton. As for prices, way cheaper than any in Sydney!!! lol

There seems to be lots of Baby Boomers, and that's so great! If only the younger people realised that we still feel like Kittens lol

Q - also have a Cats 11 game membership and drive from Sydney to games (ran out of FreqFlyers) - next one Collingwood - WooHoo and I think we're around the same vintage too! Are you coastal or country southern NSW? I'm thinking I may have to swing by and collect you for a game on one of my Odysseys ;) lol

Welcome catinthemachine / aka Nick lol *said in a jaunty AA group welcome manner*

Awesome x 2 Shaneo. A while ago I suggested a get together at a game and think it was our first night game that was suggested. I have hotel etc booked but am scrounging around for a ticket to the game, a friend wasn't able to get me a tic to the Social Club, now waiting to see if WA friends come over. But a single tic could be the go and meet friends on the Ablett Terrace, which is always fun. So put me down please Shaneo.

Who else would like to join in a meet and greet at the first night game?

Finally, I urge you to look at a fantastic thread by Mr_Bojangles -
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/so-why-are-you-a-cats-fan.636143/

OK - it think I figured out how to reply to this one ... I'm down near Canberra - sort of between Canberra and Goulburn. Were you at the Swans game Kitty? I was sitting (freezing) with the Cheer Squad

Hiya,

My name is...well I won't tell you my full name, but you can call me Jai for short :) I'm a 15 year old girl and have been supporting the Cats my whole life.

Favourite player is Motlop, Enright or Chapman at the moment, but that could change.

I take my footy far too literally for a gal of my age, but I'm hoping one day I can get a career that somehow relates to the AFL. Obviously a big fan of the sport haha :)

Hi to all....thought I'd join to get over the Brisbane circus, realize the need to stick together (and stick it up 'em)
in any bad as well as good. Sick of the media creaming their shorts over it......I'm a footyholic from a footy family. Look forward to more great footy talk. Can't promise any inside info though, even with a relative as a cats coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi to all....thought I'd join to get over the Brisbane circus, realize the need to stick together (and stick it up 'em)
in any bad as well as good. Sick of the media creaming their shorts over it......I'm a footyholic from a footy family. Look forward to more great footy talk. Can't promise any inside info though, even with a relative as a cats coach.
Hey, hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have so far!

Who is your relative?

Are you a real relative or a Suzi Olsen style one....

My great, great grandfather emmigrated from England in the 1850's to Geelong. My great grandfather had a chemist shop in Ryrie Street and I have been a cat fan since I was a little kid, my father went to the 63 GF and saw the Hawks take a beating, I remember seeing Polly and Billy Goggin in black and white on TV, growing up in the mallee of NW Vic.

I lived in Darwin in the early 80's and moved to Sydney in 1984 where I lived till 1999. Saw Ablett Sn kick 14 goals at the SCG in 1994. Was in Melbourne in Spring 1991 and saw the final series. I have been in China since 99, married with a kid, 3 , who, although he doesn't know it yet, is a fanatical cat supporter.

I have been reading this Forum since the dark days of 2006, many times I tried to sign up and always had some technical trouble. Recently my computer was completely rebooted using its natural Chinese language and now I have had little trouble doing anything. Although my written Chinese is barely above high school standard I can just get by on the computer.

I just finished a work contract and am now able to watch some footy on the weekend so was disappointed at the result against the Lions. My family and I will be leaving this city and heading to north China in about 6 weeks then in late August will be in Melbourne, for good.

Greatly appreciate reading all your comments over the years, in particular when something disturbing occurs I always look for dazbroncos the voice of reason and controlled optimism.

I had to google that, thought you meant one the Olsen twins. No I don't have a predilection for fantasy or a face like a smashed mango. Still, be careful what you wish for she's out there somewhere...lol

LOL :thumbsu:

Been posting for just over a week, thought I should introduce. I'm a bloke in his 30's who didn't grow up cheering for the cats. It wasn't until I knew one of our past players that I started following the AFL and have since become a big cats fan (This is helped by the fact that my partners family are all huge geelong supporters).

I started reading the forum to get a bigger dose of cats conversation which I miss whenever I'm not hanging out with my girls family.

Anyway enough about me, look forward to getting to know you all over the coming years.

Hey there,

I've been visiting the forum for several years but never really introduced myself. Lifelong Cats supporter from three generations of Cats supporters. Born in Geelong now living in Melbourne with my wife and four boys. They are all Cats supporters of course (or they'd have to move out). I was lucky enough (through my website) to be given a car for a month by Ford and me and the kids got a personal tour through Simonds Stadium. Got to meet several players and the Coach! It was a great experience. Can read about it and see the pics of us with the players and having a kick on the ground here - http://www.reservoirdad.com/blog/reservoir-dad/five-ford-boys-in-the-bowels-of-simonds-stadium

Hey there,

I've been visiting the forum for several years but never really introduced myself. Lifelong Cats supporter from three generations of Cats supporters. Born in Geelong now living in Melbourne with my wife and four boys. They are all Cats supporters of course (or they'd have to move out). I was lucky enough (through my website) to be given a car for a month by Ford and me and the kids got a personal tour through Simonds Stadium. Got to meet several players and the Coach! It was a great experience. Can read about it and see the pics of us with the players and having a kick on the ground here - http://www.reservoirdad.com/blog/reservoir-dad/five-ford-boys-in-the-bowels-of-simonds-stadium
One thing that has always got me is how good the boys are with kids.My kids spent aweek in 09 getting a photo with every player and getting them to sign a jumper which they got framed and gave it to me.My son said to me nothing was to much trouble as long as you got your photo autograph and let them be.But SJ did ask them were the 20 was.

Hey there,

Hey Eastwood, interesting blog read. I was particularly impressed with your photo with Pods and Hawk, it makes you realise how huge they are in comparison to a "normal" bloke. Sometimes when you see players on the footy field you don't realise quite how big they are, because so many footballers are big, and even "smaller" guys like Bartel are 6 foot.

OK - it think I figured out how to reply to this one ... I'm down near Canberra - sort of between Canberra and Goulburn. Were you at the Swans game Kitty? I was sitting (freezing) with the Cheer Squad
Yes Q, went to the Geelong function and seats in the function room box, it was fantastic!

My great, great grandfather emmigrated from England in the 1850's to Geelong. My great grandfather had a chemist shop in Ryrie Street and I have been a cat fan since I was a little kid, my father went to the 63 GF and saw the Hawks take a beating, I remember seeing Polly and Billy Goggin in black and white on TV, growing up in the mallee of NW Vic.

I lived in Darwin in the early 80's and moved to Sydney in 1984 where I lived till 1999. Saw Ablett Sn kick 14 goals at the SCG in 1994. Was in Melbourne in Spring 1991 and saw the final series. I have been in China since 99, married with a kid, 3 , who, although he doesn't know it yet, is a fanatical cat supporter.

I have been reading this Forum since the dark days of 2006, many times I tried to sign up and always had some technical trouble. Recently my computer was completely rebooted using its natural Chinese language and now I have had little trouble doing anything. Although my written Chinese is barely above high school standard I can just get by on the computer.

I just finished a work contract and am now able to watch some footy on the weekend so was disappointed at the result against the Lions. My family and I will be leaving this city and heading to north China in about 6 weeks then in late August will be in Melbourne, for good.

Greatly appreciate reading all your comments over the years, in particular when something disturbing occurs I always look for dazbroncos the voice of reason and controlled optimism.

Great family history steady2 + I was at the SCG too that day!

OK Sam, spill, who is your Cats coaching relative?

Welcome everyone, enjoy BF and join in the fun and games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back