Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Billings

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Kolodjashnij

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Aish

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Scharenberg

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • McDonald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freeman

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Sheed

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Salem

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Crouch

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • McCarthy

• Gardiner

• Taylor

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Acres

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Hartung

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Dunstan

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Battersby

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other player not mentioned in poll

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You know, if we kept picks 10 & 11, we'd probably still end up with Aish & McCarthy/Lennon/Freeman etc.
Boyd, Kelly, Billings, Bontempelli, KK, Sheed, Scharenberg, McDonald, Salem, Pies10, Pies11. Plus we'd have pick 31 instead of 65.
I think you'll be very happy with pick 6 none the less.. and I doubt we would have got him at 10 ;)

Absolutely - I am splitting hairs, but for the sake of the discussion, I don't see that Sharenberg will be able to shut down a KPF as well as Clement could... Clement could take any tall player that we came up against, I don't know if Scharenberg can do that.

Also, I think Clement was super outstanding at the defensive aspects of his role, and only very very good at the offensive aspects. I think Shaw (and Scharenberg) are the opposite, with their offensive play being slightly ahead of their defensive play... And Clement's footskills were exceptional, whereas Shaw's (and Sharen's) are probably just very good...

And as a final point, I should disclose that I have seen none of Scharenberg outside the 3 minute highlight clip, so feel free to ignore me. I am almost certainly overanalysing...

I think Scharenberg did play on some key forwards in the champs and smoked them. Taht may not being saying much given the dearth of KPF talent this draft. Scharenberg does look a touch more agile then Clement but certainly a better kick then Shaw. Combo of the 2 will be nice.

Absolutely - I am splitting hairs, but for the sake of the discussion, I don't see that Sharenberg will be able to shut down a KPF as well as Clement could... Clement could take any tall player that we came up against, I don't know if Scharenberg can do that.

Curious as to why you see Clement as more capable of shut down role on a KPF than Scharenberg (other than the obvious that he's got the proven track record!). I see they are the same height so does Scharenberg lack athleticism, speed, other?

That aside with likes of Keeffe, Brown & Frost on the list I see Scharenberg (if at Pies) only ever needing to cover 2nd or 3rd KPF.

So, the information i've gathered today;

- Cameron Conlon's best chance of being drafted this year looms to be with Collingwood who've been the only team to really invest time into him.

- Toby Nankervis could also be around the mark, given Essendon will look to use their last pick on a taller ruck/forward type. The mail i've been given is that they'd take T-nank given he's fit and ready to go, whereas Conlon will need to be managed.

- Mitch Harvey could be on the cards, but speaking to some people - he'll more than likely be gone before 65 rolls around.

- There is more of a feeling now that Collingwood will take Aish over Scharenberg and then look to take either Lennon/Salem/Freeman with that next pick.

Speaking to my contact at Collingwood today, the Pies seem very, very certain that Adam Oxley is really going to come on well next year, and will play a lot of football out of the back line, which to me suggests that that (without sounding dramatic) getting Scharenberg would be a like for a like with Ox. I am by no means saying Ox is better than Scharenberg, it's just recruiting strategy accroding to the Pies.

Bucks "apparently" knows the Aish family well (I say apparently because I can't categorically confirm that for you), and they're more inclined to take Aish over 'Berg to fill that spot on the wing.

Anyway, it's going to be a whirlwind of a night. Enjoy!

Jeez they can be a sour bunch in charge over on the Carlton board (each to their own of course). They've already got their welcome threads for each pick up :thumbsdown:

Half the fun is seeing who of the 4 posters that post the welcome thread got in first #partypoopers.
They really are trying to be like us if they have their own Dave too.

So, the information i've gathered today;

- Cameron Conlon's best chance of being drafted this year looms to be with Collingwood who've been the only team to really invest time into him.

- Toby Nankervis could also be around the mark, given Essendon will look to use their last pick on a taller ruck/forward type. The mail i've been given is that they'd take T-nank given he's fit and ready to go, whereas Conlon will need to be managed.

- Mitch Harvey could be on the cards, but speaking to some people - he'll more than likely be gone before 65 rolls around.

- There is more of a feeling now that Collingwood will take Aish over Scharenberg and then look to take either Lennon/Salem/Freeman with that next pick.

Speaking to my contact at Collingwood today, the Pies seem very, very certain that Adam Oxley is really going to come on well next year, and will play a lot of football out of the back line, which to me suggests that that (without sounding dramatic) getting Scharenberg would be a like for a like with Ox. I am by no means saying Ox is better than Scharenberg, it's just recruiting strategy accroding to the Pies.

Bucks "apparently" knows the Aish family well (I say apparently because I can't categorically confirm that for you), and they're more inclined to take Aish over 'Berg to fill that spot on the wing.

Anyway, it's going to be a whirlwind of a night. Enjoy!

Thanks for Info.

Aish looks to have the Higher Celing. He will start on the Wing and do when Pendles does work on his Inside Game like Pendles.

A Tall at #65 IF we keep it would be the right Choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for Info.

Aish looks to have the Higher Celing. He will start on the Wing and do when Pendles does work on his Inside Game like Pendles.

I can't see anyone coming out of contract and available to us in PSD so reckon we will use 65 tonight.

If we were going to upgrade another rookie we would have done so. I'm thinking we must have got info that player x would get to 65 so we have freed up that spot.

I can't see anyone coming out of contract and available to us in PSD so reckon we will use 65 tonight.

If we were going to upgrade another rookie we would have done so. I'm thinking we must have got info that player x would get to 65 so we have freed up that spot.

We can upgrade a Rookie we have not Rookie Yet. Like Jake Kelly IF he does not get Drafted Tonight

So are you saying we will use 65 on Kelly or we will pass, rookie Kelly than upgrade him?

NO - we can pass on 65 and then get Kelly as a Father-Son on the Rookie List and If Kelly has a Strong Pre-Seaosn we might upgrade before RD 1

Thanks for Info.

I think Hine will use #65 unless the players on his list are all taken before, then he may consider some other delisted free agents he has in mind.
My take, he will use it today.

I think Hine will use #65 unless the players on his list are all taken before, then he may consider some other delisted free agents he has in mind.
My take, he will use it today.

Like Lester who use to play for the Saints?

NO - we can pass on 65 and then get Kelly as a Father-Son on the Rookie List and If Kelly has a Strong Pre-Seaosn we might upgrade before RD 1

Don't think we can do that Dave - we have one more list lodgement between this draft and the rookie so what you are talking about - I think - is a nominated rookie. We already have the max 2 spots available for these.

I think we use the pick tonight but we will see in about 5 hours!

Agree what you are saying but Hine did the same thing last season
It's all about chances. We chop Gault for another pick. If a player hine likes is there (like thorp for example) which he won't but just an example we take him at 65. If there is no one we like re can just re rookie Gault. Cost us nothing for a huge benefit.

Back