Strategy POLL: Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

Who would you take at pick 6 in the 2013 draft?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Billings

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Kolodjashnij

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Aish

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Scharenberg

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • McDonald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freeman

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Sheed

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Salem

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Crouch

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • McCarthy

• Gardiner

• Taylor

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Acres

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Hartung

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Dunstan

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Battersby

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other player not mentioned in poll

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We can upgrade a Rookie we have not Rookie Yet. Like Jake Kelly IF he does not get Drafted Tonight
TD, we only have 35 senior players on our current list, we must add 3 more senior players for final list lodgement after drafts (27th Nov).
We are using 6 & 10, hence we then must do one of the following:
- use pick #65 today
- use pick in pre season draft on 27th Nov
- add another delisted free agent before final window closes on Monday 25th Nov

We cannot add any more rookies to make up our 38 senior players (that window has closed).
We can add 2 nominated rookies before March 2014 to be available for all AFL games (39th & 40th players avail for selection).

Agree what you are saying but Hine did the same thing last season

For memory that was to get the second nominated rookie spot.

We can't do that this year as we already have the two spots free.

Here's hoping we use it and use it on a big like Conlon, Brown or Harvey. I'd really like to take the gamble on Conlon if he is there.

For memory that was to get the second nominated rookie spot.

We can't do that this year as we already have the two spots free.

Here's hoping we use it and use it on a big like Conlon, Brown or Harvey. I'd really like to take the gamble on Conlon if he is there.

I am Confused. We past with out last pick last season and Week before RD 1 we Elevated Frost and Huddo

I am Confused. We past with out last pick last season and Week before RD 1 we Elevated Frost and Huddo

Last year we had veteran's listed players in Johnno and possibly Didak, who were eligible to be counted outside the 38 senior players. We elected to include them in our 38 senior listed players, and instead had two nominated rookies in Frost and Hudson.

This year, we only have 37 senior listed players, so someone will have to be added to the senior list through the National Draft, Pre-Season Draft or as a delisted free agent. We can't upgrade someone off our own rookie list to that spot now, because the date for that has passed.

We will still have two nominated rookies that can play senior footy like Hudson and Frost last year as well.

Last year we had veteran's listed players in Johnno and possibly Didak, who were eligible to be counted outside the 38 senior players. We elected to include them in our 38 senior listed players, and instead had two nominated rookies in Frost and Hudson.

This year, we only have 37 senior listed players, so someone will have to be added to the senior list through the National Draft, Pre-Season Draft or as a delisted free agent. We can't upgrade someone off our own rookie list to that spot now, because the date for that has passed.

We will still have two nominated rookies that can play senior footy like Hudson and Frost last year as well.

Okay Thanks for the Explanation Mate:thumbsu:

Curious as to why you see Clement as more capable of shut down role on a KPF than Scharenberg (other than the obvious that he's got the proven track record!). I see they are the same height so does Scharenberg lack athleticism, speed, other?

That aside with likes of Keeffe, Brown & Frost on the list I see Scharenberg (if at Pies) only ever needing to cover 2nd or 3rd KPF.

Just because Clement was just so so so strong in a one v one wrestle - abnormally so for his height. I kind of see Sharenberg as being more of a running medium tall defender than a wrestling / spoiling / and then running off.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but we have 5 spots left on our Primary list.

If you look at the draft order on the AFL site we actually have 7 picks - 6, 10, 65, 77, 87, 92 & 96 - with the last two noted for rookie elevations being Dwyer & Oxley.

Hine has publicly stated we will go with 38 on the list meaning we will pass on 77 & 87 to allow us to nominate 2 of Mooney, Frost, Hudson or Martin.

The more interesting scenario for mine is if we got to 65 and had Conlon and Garlett available Hine may pick Conlon. If Garlett is still there at 77 does Hine have the ok to pull the trigger?

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but we have 5 spots left on our Primary list.

If you look at the draft order on the AFL site we actually have 7 picks - 6, 10, 65, 77, 87, 92 & 96 - with the last two noted for rookie elevations being Dwyer & Oxley.

Hine has publicly stated we will go with 38 on the list meaning we will pass on 77 & 87 to allow us to nominate 2 of Mooney, Frost, Hudson or Martin.

The more interesting scenario for mine is if we got to 65 and had Conlon and Garlett available Hine may pick Conlon. If Garlett is still there at 77 does Hine have the ok to pull the trigger?
I dare say one of the only things Buckley told Hine before today was. "whatever you do, don't call out Garlett's number."

I dare say one of the only things Buckley told Hine before today was. "whatever you do, don't call out Garlett's number."

Probably although reading some of Snoops stuff he seems to think we have had contact through the year.

I don't think Bucks would necessarily be against Garlett. When Bucks has talked culture he seems to be about how you act within the club. If Garlett follows plans and has the discipline within the club he is still an option.

Garlett was just a name though. It could be any player Hine really likes. I'm just wondering if we have a contingency plan I.e. Delisting a Clarke as an example

Where do I find the list of draftees invited to the Gold Coast as potential top 10?

Sorry if it's been already posted but I'm having trouble finding it and there has been posters mentioning late invites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do I find the list of draftees invited to the Gold Coast as potential top 10?

Sorry if it's been already posted but I'm having trouble finding it and there has been posters mentioning late invites.

There isn't one. The only way to find it out is to check the videos on various websites of which kids have attended the theme parks.

They're ridiculously precious. (Carlton board)

I love it.. it's like a personal admission that they were arrogant arseholes that thought they were the best and could do no wrong and can't face the reality that they have been forever stained as cheats and have become a laughing stock on a St Kilda level with the worst win rate of any club this century and 3 wooden spoons in 5 years

Well suck it up filth, it ain't a nightmare..

It's reality :rainbow:
invn8k.png

Technically he could. Meaning we would then have 39 players on the senior list, we can have 1 nominated rookie, leaving 3 rookies on list (Mooney not counted as Cat B), therefore we would only have space for 1 more rookie via the rookie draft (Kelly or Gault - not both).

Technically he could. Meaning we would then have 39 players on the senior list, we can have 1 nominated rookie, leaving 3 rookies on list (Mooney not counted as Cat B), therefore we would only have space for 1 more rookie via the rookie draft (Kelly or Gault - not both).

Yep or we still can delist a player although Clarke looks the only option.

I don't think it would happen - I just wonder if they have that level of planning in place. I assume they do....

There isn't one. The only way to find it out is to check the videos on various websites of which kids have attended the theme parks.

Hmmm, I think I'll just wait 4 or so hours to see who goes where!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-21/garlett-likely-says-sheehan
says in last sentence "Fifteen of the likely top draftees are in Broadbeach to learn their fate in person. "

Obvious members of the 15 are Boyd, Kelly, Billings, Aish, McDonald, Scharenberg, KK, Bont = 8
I also saw Salem pictured with Scharenberg http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-21/the-draft-at-a-glance
so that's 9.

Other possibles are Taylor, McCarthy, Freeman, Lennon, Sheed, Acres, Crouch which is 16 in total but I did hear McDonald has already gone on Roos altitude camp....

Yet others have said McCarthy was only one from WA which with Sheed and Acres seems unlikely or late call ups?

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic, this is more relevant for thinking through who we get at 10....

I love it.. it's like a personal admission that they were arrogant arseholes that thought they were the best and could do no wrong and can't face the reality that they have been forever stained as cheats and have become a laughing stock on a St Kilda level with the worst win rate of any club this century and 3 wooden spoons in 5 years

Well suck it up filth, it ain't a nightmare..

It's reality :rainbow:
invn8k.png
& the icing on the cake, Carlton has not won a flag during every 18 year old (or younger) supporters lifetime. The arrogant supporters from the 70's & 80's era have had to endure an 18 year drought !! How they used to taunt Collingwood supporters about Premiership droughts!!
The new breed of supporters will be hesitant, less confident, fragile & defensive.....loving it!

I still can't believe they have Carlton supporters only threads.

Blewboys separating themselves from the rest of society. How is this a problem?

Blewboys separating themselves from the rest of society. How is this a problem?
That actually is a logical explanation.
They think they're doing themselves a favour when instead they're doing us all one.
I like it.
Oh and I had never heard of that hide and seek phrase. I actually had to look it up.
I either went to the wrong school or played the wrong games. Or maybe something else altogether...

That actually is a logical explanation.
They think they're doing themselves a favour when instead they're doing us all one.
I like it.
Oh and I had never heard of that hide and seek phrase. I actually had to look it up.
I either went to the wrong school or played the wrong games. Or maybe something else altogether...

I think it's American, pretty sure i've picked it up off TV shows over the years.

Speaking to my contact at Collingwood today, the Pies seem very, very certain that Adam Oxley is really going to come on well next year, and will play a lot of football out of the back line, which to me suggests that that (without sounding dramatic) getting Scharenberg would be a like for a like with Ox. I am by no means saying Ox is better than Scharenberg, it's just recruiting strategy accroding to the Pies.

Anyway, it's going to be a whirlwind of a night. Enjoy!

Thanks heaps for the info. I'd be surprised if they took Aish over scharenberg because they already have a player who will play Bergs role effectively, given that Hine has said over and over again that they always take the player they rate most when at the pointy end of the draft

Back