Positives/Negatives vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the game last night, like a lot of you guys are saying, I thought Bennell was fantastic. Wouldn't pick on too many players but Masto stood out to me as not wanting to get his hands dirty. Quite often seemed to just let his man get away very easily. Stepped it up somewhat in the last but you need a 4 quarter effort from this guy.
Umpiring in the last quarter was questionable at best even from my POV and certainly swayed the games momentum.

Port controlled the first 15 mintues and the last 15 minutes of the game. The rest West Coast had it under their terms. That mark paid to Harlett definately swayed the momentum, and it seemed we dropped our heads. We are still pathetic under pressure, however our defensive pressure tonight was supurb and we only let Port Adelaide back into the game and subsquently win because our work ethic dropped after being outstanding all night.

We finished 13th last year and challeneged a top 8 side. Make no mistake we are not a top 4 team and should not be considered one, we are improving immensely from last year and we have to be happy with that. Bennell was all class and other teams will be watching the tape of his performance on Wingard, nullified him and only came into the game when he was handed the footy after 2 free kicks (one wasnt there one Glass will likely get a week)

Port Adelaide will be a top 6 team we may finish bottam half of the 8 but overall I was happy with last nights game, I hate to say umpiring decisions change games but after that mark Port Adelaide had 11 inside 50s to 2, and we looked like we were having a sook.

Most of the early draft picks were tall players, other than Billings I think at St Kilda. West Coast knew this. I don't think he would have lasted much longer TBH but he's just a kid. Too early to call. He did have 11 possessions this game and I don't remember him butchering it like Priddis. That's a positive.

I see that you liked my earlier reply. Unfortunately, it was not a compliment and I was just being sarcastic. We all wish we had a better skilled player instead of Priddis on our list; but bagging him after a loss is not going to make him a better player. You really should let it go; Priddis is taking too much of your time. I doubt whether Priddis himself spends as much time thinking and writing about himself as you do.

Positives:
- I think that was Sheppard's career-best game. His hands looked very solid below his knees, which has always been his big weakness. Looked more confident than previously.

- NN looked underdone rather than injured. Started well but faded

- Darling seems to improve every game.

Negatives:
- Hill is a fair dinkum coward and Cripps isn't offering much.

- Kennedy had a stinker

-there's a ddistinct lack of understanding all over the ground, but that's to be expected I suppose.

This was my thought while watching too. Didn't look like a liability but ran out of steam almost instantly.

I see that you liked my earlier reply. Unfortunately, it was not a compliment and I was just being sarcastic. We all wish we had a better skilled player instead of Priddis on our list; but bagging him after a loss is not going to make him a better player. You really should let it go; Priddis is taking too much of your time. I doubt whether Priddis himself spends as much time thinking and writing about himself as you do.

I liked your post in sarcasm.
I make no apologies for my passion for the Eagles to be a better team. This board is for the expression of opinions and that passion.
I don't write about myself as you have suggested.

If you don't like the opinions being expressed, don't read them. It really is that simple. There are plenty of rocks for you to go hide under.

Can we have Darling pls?
zazie_computer_says_NO_09.gif

There were so many positives and a lot of negatives but our Rucks are bloody terrible we have 4 good ruckman which most other teams don't have and we continue to go with Nic Nat who is under done. Port had 1 Ruckman last night and we couldn't take any advantage from that FFS we need our guys to work them over so if there unfit or to slow change up so that we get maximum reward for effort pleeaaasssee. Cox is on the slide for mine and is in trouble in my eyes.

Those umpires you dum C**ts you stuffed up a tight contest last night you jerks gggrrrr :(

Agreed.
Anyone having a go at Sheed or questioning him right now really needs to realize there are about 22 other Eagles that are under the spotlight. He is a player of the future..
I know it would be good to have another Chris Judd or Cousins walk into the club but it doesn't happen that often.
Get over it.

I like the look of Sheed. Will put on size nicely, and as people have said his pace may be a bit of an issue.
However he looks very composed around the pack, and is still getting up to speed. Not afraid to get in there and do the dirty work so I feel he's someone who will develop well.

+ DARLING (Refer to sponsor thread for almighty write-up.)

That is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also a favourite: "TACKLE HIM YOU IDIOT!" when corralling is clearly the better option.

"STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE YOU IDIOTS"
"OMFG NOT BACKWARDS"
I cant believe these professionals slipped through the cracks of coach recruitment.

Can't forget this:

YOU UMPIRES SHOULD GO TO SPECSAVERS!!

... seriously, there's at least one in every crowd. :rolleyes:

What block is this? We have one who is terrible...best I ever heard was "every time you handball it's a missed opportunity to kick it! Just kick it!"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I liked your post in sarcasm.
I make no apologies for my passion for the Eagles to be a better team. This board is for the expression of opinions and that passion.
I don't write about myself as you have suggested.

If you don't like the opinions being expressed, don't read them. It really is that simple. There are plenty of rocks for you to go hide under.

I know that you are entitled to your opinion and I do not have to read what you post — 90% of which is about Priddis anyway. I do not know where you were during 2008-2010 but I used to come and read the posts in this board in that period. Back then, although we were clearly a bottom 4 team, there was not so much negativity as one could see now. This generally was a good place to come and read about the Eagles, drafting and the game in general; now the most popular thread is "how much longer can Priddis be played". Despite winning the wooden spoon in 2010, all posters were very positive going into 2011 after we drafted Gaff and Darling. Anyway, if you want to express your passion for the club by rubbishing its players then please go right ahead.

P. S. By the way I meant the time Priddis spends thinking and writing about him < the time you spend thinking and writing about Priddis; sorry I (like Priddis' disposal) cannot hit a target with my writing.

I know that you are entitled to your opinion and I do not have to read what you post — 90% of which is about Priddis anyway. I do not know where you were during 2008-2010 but I used to come and read the posts in this board in that period. Back then, although we were clearly a bottom 4 team, there was not so much negativity as one could see now. This generally was a good place to come and read about the Eagles, drafting and the game in general; now the most popular thread is "how much longer can Priddis be played". Despite winning the wooden spoon in 2010, all posters were very positive going into 2011 after we drafted Gaff and Darling. Anyway, if you want to express your passion for the club by rubbishing its players then please go right ahead.

P. S. By the way I meant the time Priddis spends thinking and writing about him < the time you spend thinking and writing about Priddis; sorry I (like Priddis' disposal) cannot hit a target with my writing.

Could it possibly be because the opinion of many posters here is the same regarding Priddis and we want to leave no stone unturned to find success. We can see a problem in our team, heck many problems but the most glaring one is Priddis.

It is a hot issue but one which won't go away until Priddis either improves his disposal, learns to run fatsr or is removed from the team.

It is a hot issue but one which won't go away until Priddis either improves his disposal, learns to run fatsr or is removed from the team.

I would be as happy as pig in s**t if Priddis turned elite in any one of those categories. It's not Priddis the man that is the problem, its the role that position demands. This is the thing that many gloss over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back