Review AFL Round 5 - Geelong defeat Hawthorn by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Burbury lacks a lot of polish and composure which is to be expected from a <10 game player. But he and Murdoch are playing a vital role for us down there - the Hawk backmen who usually stroll out of defence at will were under immense pressure today and were found wanting.

Plenty of respect for what your club has achieved since round 22 2006.. Truly a big stage club since then. However it seems hawthorn only cares on the bigger stages when it comes to playing the cats. If only we could bring that drive to the home and away season against your mob. Hawthorn's effort was abysmal today and the scoreboard flattered us. Were a 5 to 6 goal better side all game.

KOLOKOTRONIS
why do hawk supporters always forget about 2011 finals series?
oh because it allows them to perpetuate the myth that we only win the ones that don't matter, but they win the ones that count...

Was that my Bosk one? Because to be fair he deserves to be baited

Just noticed that one! Nah, that's fine, although I doubt he'd actually post in here.

*wipes eyes*
Fox boys looking at the ads for the Dermie show and a comment slips out...
"Dermie, nice- looks like you've just had a blow job ..... On your hair!!!"
Then there's background laughter and Eddie (?) says "I'd better check my contract"

By the way - if it hasn't already been mentioned- Mooney is on Open Mike on Fox at 9.30 tonight.

why do hawk supporters always forget about 2011 finals series?
oh because it allows them to perpetuate the myth that we only win the ones that don't matter, but they win the ones that count...
I have the same issue with Hawk fans on Facebook whenever we beat them - "we win the ones that count". It's as if 2011 just disappeared into some Bermuda Triangle type mirage.

I was wrong, picked Hawks 25-49 in preview thread.

This great win underlines just what a missed opportunity last season was, better than them for 11/12 quarters yet they got us when it mattered.

Sick of hearing how they were clearly the best side of 2013, redemption awaits....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To quote that old mongr* l Grandfather John Kennedy, "Great Sizzle, pity about the sausage".
I'm sure Bruce says the same.
gay.gif

I just bought my 1 year old a cats jumper, will be putting 33 on it.

Think Horlin Smith will be a great 10 year player for the cats
my kids have 33 when they stand together.
my 4 year old just goes for jimmy, doesn't care about the rest of the game.
my 6 year old is a big jimmy fan, and i think i have successfully persuaded her to support the cats even though we around surrounded by evil doers trying to covert her to the dorckers or weegirls.

Well done Catters.
You guys just continue to work us out which is a credit to your coach and the team discipline to execute the game plan match after match.
Clearly better than us today.

Plenty of respect for what your club has achieved since round 22 2006.. Truly a big stage club since then. However it seems hawthorn only cares on the bigger stages when it comes to playing the cats. If only we could bring that drive to the home and away season against your mob. Hawthorn's effort was abysmal today and the scoreboard flattered us. Were a 5 to 6 goal better side all game.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Is this a riddle? 6 years apart constituting a trend leaving us the less important H&A games....Despite losing a final in the middle (2011).

Okay ya got me. I have no clue how you came to that answer. Enlighten me please

Apparently it was because we had the umpires in our pocket they lost.... I know right, who would think... a hawk fan using the umpires as an excuse! What a shock!

Every team has supporters that try to explain away a loss.
Our are no different to any other fans.
You guys get to crow about it today. :thumbsu:

Is this a riddle? 6 years apart constituting a trend leaving us the less important H&A games....Despite losing a final in the middle (2011).

Okay got ya got me. I have no clue how you can to that answer. Enlighten me please

You can definitely have your home and away wins. And you qualifying non elimination final. Take them all seriously. Hawks are about silverware.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back