Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Cultural Cringe? You Betcha!

WQLeaoV.jpg

My goodness me, what is the point of talking to someone who is blatantly insane and blind?

And I have already explained, Jesus clearly proactively seeked the poor and helped them, he tells his followers to do exactly that, he also tells his followers to sell everything they have for the poor, for you can't become his follower without giving up everything. You do some denial deflection massive bury head in the sand technique to try to Jedi mind trick yourself out of what you actually said, then you did it again:

And I have already shown plenty of proof why that is not the case, but of course you'll completely deny that

And this is the guy saying other people are arguing semantics? You are the biggest Christian hypocrite I have ever dealt with. Btw if you actually know the scriptures of that, you know he asks Jesus how he gets eternal life, right? Not about wanting to be his follower, so you've already proven that you know jack stuff all. And you're gonna sit there arguing the semantics of wanted and asked? What is the point of dealing with someone who clearly doesn't know the bible, and just knows how to type a lot and make denials and complete hypocritical statements?

You are either a nefarious liar of the scriptures or you know nothing of a book you supposedly follow, I am voting both. These are the people Jesus talked about

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

So hungry and thirsty people aren't about physical need, so you dont' have to help people who aren't brothers and sisters in Christ, which you can somehow distinguished before even knowing who they are since they are strangers. Lets not even mention how the people in prison thing shows how full of crap you are

You completely took one verse out of the entire 15 of them talking about the sheeps and the goats, completely and utterly out of context, twisted it in a completely stupid manner to justify your own prejudice, when the entire thing already proves you completely wrong. So hunger and thirst aren't physical needs? HAHAHAHAHA. You are complete clown, what is the point of talking to someone who is blatantly asking to be in a mental asylum? I repeat, you are just a nefarious liar

If anyone here is intellectually dishonest, it's you, you are the most dishonest man in this entire thread. Do you understand the phrase pot calling the kettle black? At least you understand something right

So you are here arguing semantics again? Which btw you're gonna hypocritical accuse other people of doing, because you have no self awareness and is completely insane

When opportunity arises is completely the issue, coz it's completely imbiblical, which I ain't gonna bother explaining again because I've done it many times. You've shown you know nothing about Jesus and his commandments and yet you're gonna sit here just typing loads of words and hope people think you might actually know something, what a fool

I back what I am saying, all the time, with cold hard facts, the bile comes when the insane person keeps playing denial, playing semantics, playing Jedi mind tricks, blatantly lie, blatantly being hypocritical, and somehow he calls himself a Christian. The bile is very much justified

The only bloke confused is you, yet again you talk about other people making claims on you without evidence, then you did it there, for an entire post, what's the point of even responding to someone who blatantly and hypocritically lie?

There is a lot of crap to read, I ain't gonna bother coz honestly I do not have the time nor the patience to read the same bat droppings insane repetitive rubbish again. But honestly the above is more than enough to show why it isn't worth the time arguing with someone who is just blatantly a liar, throwing word turds everywhere, play little pettyfogging semantics and be a hypocrite. And you are a Christian? Thanks for repeatedly proving me right and proving to everyone in the thread that you really are the most insane person going around in this forum
I

"Insane and blind" are your observations. They're subjective. You have in no way established such a claim in an objective way. Name-calling is all you have. And all that abounds from you are mere empty words.

Yes, Jesus helped the poor. We agree on that. But you haven't established that helping the poor was Jesus' main goal during his time on earth. Jesus is a spirit being. The heavenly kingdom is immaterial. So, Jesus also didn't make the main goal of his time on earth focused on the physical, ie. helping the poor, healing the sick, and so forth. While Jesus lovingly done these things for the people, displaying what he would do on a grand scale in the future, Jesus' main purpose was to preach his father's kingdom. This is why I say you can recite the bible, but understanding alludes you.

You haven't shown "proof", you've merely put forth distorted, non-biblical rationalizations. I've pointed to the bible speaking of Christian self-sufficiency which contradicts you.

No hypocrisy on my part, you simply misquoted me and subsequently made a straw-man from that. That's not semantics, that's you being flat out wrong. This is why you've continued to paraphrase instead of quoting me directly. A direct quote is no good to someone who wants to add their own convenient twist on it, as you do.
I'm well aware of the dialogue between Jesus and the wealthy, young man. It seems clear that you can not see the implication of such dialogue between the two? An implication of which I've previously explained.

I've already pointed to Jesus speaking to his brothers and sisters, just as Matthew 25:40 speaks of. Jesus was rounding up the sheep in his disciple-making work. These are the brothers and sisters he was referring to. Before Jesus made them disciples, these unbeknown brothers and sisters could consider Jesus a stranger.

No one has said that the "hungry and thirsty people aren't about physical need". Humans need these needs met in order to live; that goes without saying. Physical needs still hasn't been established that such was his main goal while on earth. Jesus speaking as to feeding and clothing him, etc., doesn't make your point on such either. You're getting yourself off track from your own point about helping the poor and needy being Jesus' main purpose for coming to the earth.
Also, no one has said or implied that Christians "dont' [sic] have to help people who aren't brothers and sisters in Christ". If you think I have, please quote me directly, not paraphrase from what you believe I said.

I took one verse out of the sheep and goats reference to point out who is being referred to in relation to my previous point. I didn't need all fifteen verses to do so.
Where have I stated that "hunger and thirst aren't physical needs" (of humans)? Again, you're getting yourself off track from your own point about helping the poor and needy being Jesus' main purpose for coming to the earth.

Again, please quote of the whole original comment of mine. Why don't you do this, but instead focus on deflection by means of name-calling? Is it to distract from the fact that context is your enemy? I think so. Hence your continued dodge.

I love how you dodged "What I said regarding Jesus' commandment to his disciples of the time has already been covered in my previous posts. The words "of Jesus' time" and "today" speak as to the context. Paraphrasing has done your argument little service, for it's already been answered" with another typical round of childish name-calling. It speaks more of you than I'm prepared to do.

Last edited:
IMHO the bible ( as a contrivance, and a man made construct ), is clearly delineated into two major partitions. The Old Testament, which is based on Judaic law, and the basis for the Talmud and Q'ran ( Koran ), based on Abrihamic teachings, and the New Testament. based on Christianity and the First world society in which we currently live.,

If any Christian alludes to the fact they are adherents of the good book in its entirety, I would respectfully designate them to be of the Jewish faith. The old Testament primarily revolved around an angry, vengeful, jealous Supreme Bieng that was anal in the minutiae of every-day life. This is in absolute conflict with the message of the Christ.

The New Testament ( as we are led to comprehend it ), is a 180 degree turn about from the God of flood and pestilence. I appreciate faith is an absolute when it comes to acceptance of a Supreme Being and an after-life, but it is an impracticable impossibility, based on texts of dubious origin. Whilst Yeshua paid homage to the prophets that came before him, he was not beholden to the tenets they promoted, and actively denounced several conventions that had been the corner-stone of religeous authority in his time.

Faith should come from within, and never be beholden to the writings of long-ago ( alleged ) authors. This is the reason we have so many "splinter groups" within the Christian umbrella. Blind acceptance of scripture is illogical - and fraught with an acceptance of an indoctrination process that is far removed from rational thought. Tell me how serpent handlers fit the mould of Modern Christians? They rely on an infitinitesimal portion of the Good Book to justify their practices. Polygamists, same. Every kooky off-shoot justifies their existence on an myopic interpretation of an obscure scripture.

How about this for a novel concept? Live by the "message", not by the "words". The words give you wriggle room in a court of law, but the message is sacrosanct in the eyes of the Supreme Being - time to pick an allegiance.

Last edited:
"Insane and blind" are your observations. They're subjective. You have in no way established such a claim in an objective way. Name-calling is all you have. And all that abounds from you are mere empty words.
All of this verbiage, yet you ignore the opportunity to deny your insanity and blindness. Those two debilitating conditions are a given then.

All of this verbiage, yet you ignore the opportunity to deny your insanity and blindness. Those two debilitating conditions are a given then.

Hello again, Roboskilts. Still haven't run an anti-virus on yourself in order to correct your malfunctioning software problem that sees this thread spammed due to having your posts stuck on loop. You're tired, old and obsolete and no amount of regular maintenance can fix your incredibly corrupted system. Perhaps you need replacing entirely.

Hello again, Roboskilts. Still haven't run an anti-virus on yourself in order to correct your malfunctioning software problem that sees this thread spammed due to having your posts stuck on loop. You're tired, old and obsolete and no amount of regular maintenance can fix your incredibly corrupted system. Perhaps you need replacing entirely.
Still no denial of insanity and blindness I see (which is something of which you are incapable). Confirmation received.

Last edited:
Yes, Jesus helped the poor. We agree on that. But you haven't established that helping the poor was Jesus' main goal during his time on earth. Jesus is a spirit being. The heavenly kingdom is immaterial. So, Jesus also didn't make the main goal of his time on earth focused on the physical, ie. helping the poor, healing the sick, and so forth. While Jesus lovingly done these things for the people, displaying what he would do on a grand scale in the future, Jesus' main purpose was to preach his father's kingdom. This is why I say you can recite the bible, but understanding alludes you.
So Jesus was put on Earth, for the main purpose of preaching his father's kingdom?

I feel that you have a similar style in your religious stance, to the Westboro baptist church.
While other's believe that Jesus was here on Earth to teach us, and was someone we should all strive to be like, in regards to morals and values. You believe he was here to ensure people followed their religion.

It makes me wonder about those "What would Jesus do?" bracelets..
WWJD? Preach of his father's kingdom.
Not sure how it would help solve many problems.

Westboro also believe they are the only people who truly understand the bible.

Anyway, I said "I feel that you have", it is my opinion after reading several of your lengthy posts. This is just to avoid your usual lengthy spiel about assumptions.

Last edited:
So Jesus was put on Earth, for the main purpose of preaching his father's kingdom?

I feel that you have a similar style in your religious stance, to the Westboro baptist church.
While other's believe that Jesus was here on Earth to teach us, and was someone we should all strive to be like, in regards to morals and values. You believe he was here to ensure people followed their religion.

It makes me wonder about those "What would Jesus do?" bracelets..
WWJD? Preach of his father's kingdom.
Not sure how it would help solve many problems.

Westboro also believe they are the only people who truly understand the bible.

Anyway, I said "I feel that you have", it is my opinion after reading several of your lengthy posts. This is just to avoid your usual lengthy spiel about assumptions.

Please quote where I've supposedly stated that I believe Jesus was here to ensure people followed their religion? Such ensuring implies a lack of free will. And such ensuring isn't biblical. The people had a choice back then, and it remains the case all the way to the present time, that we have the same choice as to whether we believe and obey or not.
Btw, I, too, believe Jesus came to the earth to teach the people and set the standard we should all strive to be like, in regards to morals and values.

Given that you say "I feel that you have a similar style in your religious stance, to the Westboro baptist church" and "Westboro also believe they are the only people who truly understand the bible", where have I stated that I believe that I'm the only one who truly understands the bible? If such jumped out at you during your reading of what I've posted, if quotes can't be put forward by you then how you "feel" isn't based on anything tangible. It might just be a matter of faith for you.

Because he isn't a robot...

Hence the questioning of your insanity.

Is such a view of Roboskilts based on your 'feelings', like it was when you felt that I have a similar style in your [my] religious stance to the Westboro baptist church? I believe Roboskilts to be a robot... and a malfunctioning one at that. This belief stems from the symptoms I've previously pointed to ITT.

Is such a view of Roboskilts based on your 'feelings', like it was when you felt that I have a similar style in your [my] religious stance to the Westboro baptist church? I believe Roboskilts to be a robot... and a malfunctioning one at that. This belief stems from the symptoms I've previously pointed to ITT.
The evidence that skilts isn't a programmed robot is that he continues to reply to you. This can only be done in human error, as there is no logical point conversing with you.

How do christians know, that what was written by man in the bible, was the word of god? When people like Paul wrote they had visions of god, how can they; and we, know that it really was a word from god.

Acts 18:9
New International Version (NIV)

9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent.

btw, that's actually a pretty good verse.

I think the top guys in the church around 300 AD thought they'd better get some stuff down on paper before it was all forgotten. So they got all the stuff that was written and prayed etc and decided which stuff was God inspired and relevant and got the Bible together.

The last time this getting together and praying to see what was God inspired was done by Martin Luther and his top guys in the 16th century and he turfed out 7 books out of the Bible because they thought they weren't inspired by God.

So we have 2 Bibles running around at the moment.

So basically it's done by the head honchos praying for the Holy Spirit to guide them ..and probably in the first instant a lot info would have been passed down by word of mouth so they would have had some practical basis for their decisions.

A pretty basic run down.

The Bible is great but there would still be Christian churches around if there wasn't one.( maybe)
Eg Church/ Christianity preceded the Bible.

Last edited:

And this is a guy that just tried to have a go at someone else for name calling, your hypocrisy and self unawareness is astounding. One wonders whether you are actually like this or you''re just trolling, coz you're doing a lot better than most trolls are

Glad to see I ain't the only one finding out that it's impossible to converse to someone who automatically filters out stuff that doesn't suit his own prejudice and agenda, pretend they don't exist, then have a go at someone else for "lacking in argument" or "intellectual dishonesty". It literally is like talking to someone who is insane

You use loads of words, loads of big words, but they are all just illusionary tricks to hide the fact that you really have no bloody idea what you're on about. Hunger and thirst aren't physical needs? Ha you absolute clown. One thing's for sure, you aren't a Christian, if you go around telling other people you're a Christian, it'd be like Britney Spears claiming she's a virgin

Last edited:
And this is a guy that just tried to have a go at someone else for name calling, your hypocrisy and self unawareness is astounding. One wonders whether you are actually like this or you''re just trolling, coz you're doing a lot better than most trolls are

Glad to see I ain't the only one finding out that it's impossible to converse to someone who automatically filters out stuff that doesn't suit his own prejudice and agenda, pretend they don't exist, then have a go at someone else for "lacking in argument" or "intellectual dishonesty". It literally is like talking to someone who is insane

You use loads of words, loads of big words, but they are all just illusionary tricks to hide the fact that you really have no bloody idea what you're on about. Hunger and thirst aren't physical needs? Ha you absolute clown. One thing's for sure, you aren't a Christian, if you go around telling other people you're a Christian, it'd be like Britney Spears claiming she's a virgin
And he still hasn't mounted an argument as to why he isn't insane and blind. Instead, he has questioned the validity of the method used to come to this conclusion. See, most people, when accused of being insane and blind, would mount a contrary argument as to why this wasn't so. They might start with, "I'm not insane or blind because...". He has at no stage denied the truth of the statement. We have no option but to take it as gospel that he acknowledges that he is both insane and blind.

How little he understands, how other-worldly he is, reveals itself in the childish, school yard name calling to which he is reduced. If it weren't so pathetic, it might be mildly amusing. The real worry is that when he talks like he does here, to his fellow cult members, they seemingly drink in his dross. It is frightening to think that there are more like him out there.

On the other hand, even they probably think him somewhat less than sound. Beware the fanatic.

This thread is like the Young and the Restless - you can leave it for a year and pick it up again. The same characters are playing their allocated roles. Most suprising post so far is Sabre saying that attending Church regularly makes it more interesting. Particularly after that stupid transliteration from Latin done by non -English speakers that is the New Order of the Mass - I don't even do the "my house/my rules" and force my teenage boys to go anymore - its so ******* boring

jesus-vs-the-devil-580x362.jpg

The problem of Theodicy - Roos vs Essendon round 1 2014

Most suprising post so far is Sabre saying that attending Church regularly makes it more interesting. Particularly after that stupid transliteration from Latin done by non -English speakers that is the New Order of the Mass - I don't even do the "my house/my rules" and force my teenage boys to go anymore - its so ******* boring

jesus-vs-the-devil-580x362.jpg

The problem of Theodicy - Roos vs Essendon round 1 2014

I think you missed my initial post regarding that comment. It was in relation to being an alter boy and how playing that role made church more interesting.

I think you missed my initial post regarding that comment. It was in relation to being an alter boy and how playing that role made church more interesting.

As a former altar boy I understand brother!

How do christians know, that what was written by man in the bible, was the word of god? When people like Paul wrote they had visions of god, how can they; and we, know that it really was a word from god.

Acts 18:9
New International Version (NIV)

9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent.

btw, that's actually a pretty good verse.
Just wondering if any christians can explain this for me.

The Bible is written by men, inspired by the Holy Spirit which is where the wisdom and truth comes from. It is also what links it to the OT and other NT books , theologically speaking in ways the writer would never have known at the time. The selection of the canon also was inspired by the Holy Spirit as there were lots of options to choose from.

I imagine u would have to believe that to truly think the bible is the inspired word of God. If you think it is just wise words from men, then I don't know why it would change your life or be something u would devote yourself to. If you doubt that, you doubt the words and authenticity i would imagine.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The Bible is written by men, inspired by the Holy Spirit which is where the wisdom and truth comes from. It is also what links it to the OT and other NT books , theologically speaking in ways the writer would never have known at the time. The selection of the canon also was inspired by the Holy Spirit as there were lots of options to choose from.

sorry Moti, which bible is the right one? and how do you know the selection of the canon of the 'right' bible was divinely inspired and not just the ones that suited an agenda or were most popular?

Explains why it wasnt answered until i bumped. But mostly i want to know how nonbelievers, thinking about becoming a christian could know that pauls visions were from god, or thats what his subconcious was leading him to. Its been proven by the coin flip challenge that our brain leads us to what we seek.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back