Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Brad Scott on the radio this morning say JOEL Tippett will be suiting up on the weekend for the Roos, coming in for the suspended Scott Thompson...interesting to see if he measures up to AFL standard.
He has done it the hard way... so would be funny if Joel ended up playing more games than Kurt this season!

Why did it not work out for him at the crows i know he was on the RL for 2 season

We didn't offer him a contract

Big Matty R went on record at the time saying it was a mistake and that we would regret it.

I miss Matty Rendell, getting stuck with triggy is like we got sent to live with Mum in the divorce when Mum was a homeless crack ho.

Why did it not work out for him at the crows i know he was on the RL for 2 season

It was one season. He spent it wearing a helmet and collecting moderate numbers in the ressies but couldn't break into the senior side. That year it looked like we had hit the jackpot with literally every 2007 draftee doing well in the SANFL that year, and Curnow performing the worst. Had we been looking to field an extra rookie, it would have been a no-brainer to drop him at the time. However, instead of that, we passed on our final rookie selection that year and went into 2009 with an empty spot on our rookie list rather than pay him the extra minimum wage salary. Kind of bizarre. I can only assume Rendell had his eye on someone who went earlier than we expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Matty R went on record at the time saying it was a mistake and that we would regret it.

I miss Matty Rendell, getting stuck with triggy is like we got sent to live with Mum in the divorce when Mum was a homeless crack ho.

Best description of Trigg yet. LOL.

Let's be honest though, Rendell says this kind of thing about all of his draftees. I love Rendell as much as anyone, but quoting him here is like quoting Sanderson saying that a player will play a lot of AFL this year.

Disagree, this got attention because it wasn't everyday

Curnow was the only 2007 draftee to get given his pink slip in 2008. I am 100% certain that if it had been any other 2007 draftee given the boot, be it Myke Cook, Jahrran Jacky, Aaron Kite, or any of those other superstars, Rendell would have said the exact same thing. It's what he does.

Look, I loved that about him. Dude is loyal as hell and backs himself in 100% every time. That's a great trait for a recruiter to have. It does mean you have to take his statements about his selections with a grain of salt, though.

Curnow was the only 2007 draftee to get given his pink slip in 2008. I am 100% certain that if it had been any other 2007 draftee given the boot, be it Myke Cook, Jahrran Jacky, Aaron Kite, or any of those other superstars, Rendell would have said the exact same thing. It's what he does.

I don't agree because we have more than a 1 year sample to look upon.

He didn't have a habit of saying delisted players would come back to bite us.

I mean we did delist jacky etc

Kurt's back and working on his goal kicking.

Leaning back: check
Terrible ball drop: check
Missed another one: check
Still got paid this week: check

14Tippett0705_620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back