Brad Dick to return to football

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a quaint quality to the plucky Bring_Brad_Back campaign to return Dick to the club. However, it's not going to happen, as we have enough injury prone players, and we hardly want to rookie Dick and the accompanying and ever-present fear that his flimsy frame will fail yet again. Like BBB, I was a lover of Dick, because despite his scrawny skeleton, he was a conjurer of miracle goals and an infectious flasher of winning smiles. Sadly his career is over and will remain so, because no club would be willing to give him a 3rd shot at the big time. Bye_Bye_Brad allows you to retain the acronym BBB.;) Think it over.:p

If there's any truth to this, he'd want to bring himself to the home of football, show his skills in the VFL and dominate in front of the half a dozen Vic teams. If good enough, a few will stand up and take notice. Would be a nice fairytale if he did well and ended up at the Magpies.

Would be happy to give him a run in the twos and see where it ends. It can't really hurt. I always thought he was a nice little goal sneak. However, Why did we get rid of him in the first place? I don't recall?

Would be happy to give him a run in the twos and see where it ends. It can't really hurt. I always thought he was a nice little goal sneak. However, Why did we get rid of him in the first place? I don't recall?

He lives in WA with friends and family and for memory much prefers it over Victoria. Isn't going to move back for a VFL contract.

Hes playing for Rumbalara in MGFL Going to play them in a couple of weeks.
He has been named in the Interleague side. (Best players in Seniors of all teams)

Hes playing for Rumbalara in MGFL Going to play them in a couple of weeks.
He has been named in the Interleague side. (Best players in Seniors of all teams)
That's right he's played a few light games, and has moved to Back to VIC it seems.

There's more chance of Monkhurst becoming the face of L'oreal than there is of Brad Dick getting on an AFL list. What a board clogger.

Last edited:
He lives in WA with friends and family and for memory much prefers it over Victoria. Isn't going to move back for a VFL contract.

ok-i-believe-you-but-ill-be-watching-you.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we brought Dick back then Ball would perform better.
If we have Dick, Ball and the Sack we have to either drop Brown or get Wood back..

I love how this is listed under 'strategy'

Dick was great but unless he can develop a bigger body frame I doubt he'll be able to accomplish much at AFL level.

That being said, I loved Dick in '09 when he kicked that bag against the Dees. Seemed like a nice fella as well.

More talent than at least ten players on our list, so if he can prove he is fit then maybe.

If we were still under MM then the idea would be a lot more likely. He always had a soft spot for Dick.

Hell I was a big fan of Brad's but I reckon Bucks would rather look at someone who plays the same role only six years younger. I personally can't see it happening but having said that I wouldn't complain if it did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back