Brad Dick to return to football

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke Yagmoor and Gault are poor players that will be delisted, Mooney is a kid who has been playing AFL for 3 years and needs more time to develop. Being better than them is no achievement and he is regularly on the sidelines anyway

Which team is going to be interested in a 25 year old player who has failed at 2 clubs and has a long history of serious injuries?

You could make this thread if he was consistently dominating the WAFL but jeez he is only just coming out of retirement for some amateur league... Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even want to play AFL again. Why are you so obsessed with Dick? It's not like he is even that great

Surely you know why?

Good luck to Dicky, he's an excitement machine. Sadly, just don't think his body is built for AFL footy.

Clarke Yagmoor and Gault are poor players that will be delisted, Mooney is a kid who has been playing AFL for 3 years and needs more time to develop. Being better than them is no achievement and he is regularly on the sidelines anyway

Which team is going to be interested in a 25 year old player who has failed at 2 clubs and has a long history of serious injuries?

You could make this thread if he was consistently dominating the WAFL but jeez he is only just coming out of retirement for some amateur league... Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even want to play AFL again. Why are you so obsessed with Dick? It's not like he is even that great
Like I said plenty of room on our rookie list at end of year. Will be a no-risk punt. Can't do worse than a plethora of rookies and poor draft choices, but if his body comes good will be the steal of the year.

Don't forget, he'll be 26 with a quickly deteriorating or already somewhat deteriorated body if he was to ever be picked up.

Wasn't a proven player beforehand, with injury trouble, recently retired, only 1 year in a reserve league with at best a 4 year deadline. And this is the best case scenario.

No thanks.

I said he should have been trialled at full back in the preseason to see how he goes. Worth a look and not such a big deal for the board queens to go in to meltdown over.
He's had one good game out of seven with such tight competition for spots he need to find consistent form, learn to convert better, or have a spell in the twos till he gets right. We've got a 10 player depth at the moment there should be no tolerance for any player to be playing poorly, not even captains. Again not such an outrageous theory.

This is a Melbourne Comedy Festival audition surely?

Like I said plenty of room on our rookie list at end of year. Will be a no-risk punt. Can't do worse than a plethora of rookies and poor draft choices, but if his body comes good will be the steal of the year.
Your assuming that 1) the rookies we take over him will be poor draft choices. I point to you Heritier Lumumba, Jack Frost, Nick Maxwell etc.

2) You're assuming that Brad Dick would actually be a good pick up, which he wasn't in the first place, and no idea what would change since then considering he's picked up more injuries, is older but hasn't covered that with much AFL experience, and has been out of the top league for at least 1 season.

Brad Dick is back training again having given his body a good rest and is set to have a shot at playing football again and working up to making a return to AFL. Feeling stronger and confident in his body again and with doctors advice he can get his body right. Also more mentally prepared and motivated than ever.

He is starting out light in the murray Football league and will play his first game in a couple of weeks from now. He's only 25, give him a year to get right and I reckon we can get a good 4 years of goalsneakin joy out of him. Plenty of space on our rookie list once we clear out Gault, Clarke, yagmoor, Hudson, and mooney.

I've always said he will be back can't wait to see this come to be.

How about.... No.

Is that like how you wanted to bet me Didak Jolly and Krakouer would all be on a senior list in 2014?

Going for 0/4? :drunk:
You asked for the bet not me, then when I agreed you chickened out.
Don't know why you keep barking on about it.

And I thought only blueser supporters were deluded. Loved the handful of games that Dicky put his mark on but getting back on an AFL list??? PLease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe because you were wrong? :drunk:
I said I though all three still had value and would likely get picked up. They didn't no big deal.
Blaze started barking on about a stupid bet about changing avatar and sig and I couldn't care less I said whatever then he chickened out cos he was scared he might lose and have to write something stupid in his sig. Nothing for him to be proud of.

I said I though all three still had value and would likely get picked up. They didn't no big deal.
Blaze started barking on about a stupid bet about changing avatar and sig and I couldn't care less I said whatever then he chickened out cos he was scared he might lose and have to write something stupid in his sig. Nothing for him to be proud of.
You're completely missing the point - whether the bet was taken up or not, he is pointing out that you were wrong. Whether he took the bet is completely irrelevant.

It's an example of how terribly wrong you get things, like your call to move cloke to the backline. It illustrates you have a history of getting these predictions wrong which is why it has relevance when you start saying "Dick will on an AFL list next year". You said they WOULD get picked up not "likely", I didn't accept the bet because you put some stupid conditions on it... but the bet is entirely irrelevant anyway, it's about you thinking all these old Collingwood players are going to get picked up again after they are finished.

It's an example of how terribly wrong you get things, like your call to move cloke to the backline. It illustrates you have a history of getting these predictions wrong which is why it has relevance when you start saying "Dick will on an AFL list next year". You said they WOULD get picked up not "likely", I didn't accept the bet because you put some stupid conditions on it... but the bet is entirely irrelevant anyway, it's about you thinking all these old Collingwood players are going to get picked up again after they are finished.
My call was to trial Cloke in the backline in the preseason to see how he goes given he can't stick straight and the success of Tarrant, and the switch of Reid. Absolutely nothing to lose trailing it in the preseason whatsoever. You're one of the queens who just couldn't see past the words Cloke and backline in the same sentence and clearly still can't comprehend. It was you who tried to put the stupid conditions on the bet after I already agreed to take it up cos you were scared you might lose it, so it's you who has it all wrong.

Trick question for Bring Back Brad

who is better, Tony Armstrong or Brad Dick?

My call was to trial Cloke in the backline in the preseason to see how he goes given he can't stick straight and the success of Tarrant, and the switch of Reid. Absolutely nothing to lose trailing it in the preseason whatsoever. You're one of the queens who just couldn't see past the words Cloke and backline in the same sentence and clearly still can't comprehend. It was you who tried to put the stupid conditions on the bet after I already agreed to take it up cos you were scared you might lose it, so it's you who has it all wrong.

I have another bet for you then, if Brad Dick is on an AFL list next year I won't post on BF for 2 months

If he isn't on a list, you don't post for 2 months. You said he will be on a list so nothing for you to be worried about.

Agreed?

I have another bet for you then, if Brad Dick is on an AFL list next year I won't post on BF for 2 months

If he isn't on a list, you don't post for 2 months. You said he will be on a list so nothing for you to be worried about.

Agreed?
I'm not interested in your stupid bets

Agreed?

Are you familiar with the concept of odds Blaze? Should be you out for a year versus BBB out for 2 months. Or are you scared?

Are you familiar with the concept of odds Blaze? Should be you out for a year versus BBB out for 2 months. Or ate you scared?

Brad said Dick will be on a list next year, he didn't say there is a very small chance Dick will be on a list next year. If he wants to change his statement then those odds would reflect the bet accurately.

Brad said Dick will be on a list next year, he didn't say there is a very small chance Dick will be on a list next year. If he wants to change his statement then those odds would reflect the bet accurately.

I very much doubt that BBB truly believes that his hero will return but I for one like his optimism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back